PLEASE PLEASE bring back option of full vs 3/4 screen in New an UI. individually

Kevin4man

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustangs Mach E Premium extended range RWD
Country flag
The small infoless tiles are pointless now as i have to distract myself and switch over to a full screen version of tire pressure or trip energy. tiles are pointless and you need to fumble around more now and nav/ Carplay/ android auto can't be used while you get that basic auto information in full screen. Really silly to pull the OPTION of both of the table,,, I understand some don't use the tiles, but I don't need a nav that runs the whole screen either.... it's a simple thing to fix cuz it already worked prior to this update, making everybody happy... bad move Ford, please bring this back, it really takes away from road concentration to have to do this
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Trip energy still shows the average consumption when its small, not sure how useful it is to see tire pressure all the time
For some people (like me), it was very useful. As was the station and artist displayed on the music tile.

ckelley87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold: 2021 Premium Extended RWD, Job 1
Country flag
See, I'd rather have bigger CarPlay than the tiles.

You know when I look at the tire pressure monitor? When it says there's an issue with low tire pressure. I don't need it visible the entire trip. Same for energy efficiency, I'm not trying to hypermile over here, the only time I've ever looked at it was when I was bored waiting to charge or wanted to see stats at the end of my trip.

I think they could definitely fit some more info there to appease some of y'all (like artist/title, or make them scroll), but generally the tiles weren't all that informative anyways.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

You know when I look at the tire pressure monitor? When it says there's an issue with low tire pressure. I don't need it visible the entire trip. Same for energy efficiency, I'm not trying to hypermile over here, the only time I've ever looked at it was when I was bored waiting to charge or wanted to see stats at the end of my trip.

I think they could definitely fit some more info there to appease some of y'all (like artist/title, or make them scroll), but generally the tiles weren't all that informative anyways.
Everyone uses the screen differently and has their own priorities on what they want to see. That's why customization is a good thing. I had hoped that the screens would get more customizable as time went on, but this has gone in the wrong directly in that regard.

OP
OP

Kevin4man

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustangs Mach E Premium extended range RWD
Country flag
The tiles can stay small. But for the love of God, put the useful information back on them. There's enough room for tire pressure, song artist, etc.
I could agree to this, still think the option of both ways like it used to be is far superior

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I have a different but related request. Now that CarPlay is so freaking huge, it would be nice for a CarPlay refresh that better utilizes all that real estate. When Iā€™ve got the Apple Maps full screen it I fine, but if I switch to grid or other apps, woof. So much wasted space.

bbulkow

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Porsche Cayman S
Country flag
Oh, you want gripes? Gripes I got.

How about including Android Auto as a tile? It shows up a "last app" at the top of the screen unless it's not the last app, in which case I have to go into the apps area and dig it out. No reason that shouldn't come in a tile.

How about not including the tiles for games while I'm stopped? Sketch is there and I used it once just to see. I used some summing game once while charging. There's no information in those tiles and they sit there. I'll never get rid of them I think. And I would never launch from the tiles, always from the games panel, always if I was stopped.

How about not displaying tiles if the tile hasn't been used for more than a week. Something simple. People can always go back to the menu and use it.

I would like more at a glance information in the tiles. There's more space in them even today. Nav is keeping the distance and destination which is good. I can't really imagine displaying the tire pressure as I'm driving.

"large" and "condensed" is a common option in a lot of interfaces these days. It's reasonable to ask for more space.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I have a different but related request. Now that CarPlay is so freaking huge, it would be nice for a CarPlay refresh that better utilizes all that real estate. When Iā€™ve got the Apple Maps full screen it I fine, but if I switch to grid or other apps, woof. So much wasted space.
Yeah this is on Apple. From the looks of it they may be planning on doing that later this year.
Ford Mustang Mach-E PLEASE PLEASE bring back option of full vs 3/4 screen in New an UI.   individually 1675029008121

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Oh, you want gripes? Gripes I got.

How about including Android Auto as a tile? It shows up a "last app" at the top of the screen unless it's not the last app, in which case I have to go into the apps area and dig it out. No reason that shouldn't come in a tile.

How about not including the tiles for games while I'm stopped? Sketch is there and I used it once just to see. I used some summing game once while charging. There's no information in those tiles and they sit there. I'll never get rid of them I think. And I would never launch from the tiles, always from the games panel, always if I was stopped.

How about not displaying tiles if the tile hasn't been used for more than a week. Something simple. People can always go back to the menu and use it.

I would like more at a glance information in the tiles. There's more space in them even today. Nav is keeping the distance and destination which is good. I can't really imagine displaying the tire pressure as I'm driving.

"large" and "condensed" is a common option in a lot of interfaces these days. It's reasonable to ask for more space.
On the old UI you could drag a tile down to "close" it--not sure if it works the same way on the new UI (as I don't have it yet).

I do this all the time: run a game or something that I want to use once and then drag it down to get rid of it.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
The small infoless tiles are pointless now as i have to distract myself and switch over to a full screen version of tire pressure or trip energy.
The tiles can stay small. But for the love of God, put the useful information back on them. There's enough room for tire pressure, song artist, etc.
I completely agree. This update made a few things easier and just as many harder.

I get why they removed the ability to switch between sizes, it was to simplify the UI for drivers and for them. A bit of a lazy programming, but itā€™s consistent, a lot of this redesign is lazy. If you are going to do that though donā€™t just leave the small tiles the way they were, add more info to them. Oh wait, right, lazy.

DustyShades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Ex Infinite Blue
Country flag

I donā€™t understand why you would be using CarPlay but be playing audio from somewhere else while youā€™re using CarPlay
Sponsored