PLEASE PLEASE bring back option of full vs 3/4 screen in New an UI. individually

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
This update was incredibly stupid and lazy. They should have left the choice in place so that “camp hate tiles” could hide them forever and just have the entire screen consumed by the radio or whatever, and “camp loves tiles” could have a screen with a lot of the radio, and a series of tiles with snippets of interesting data, like next turn, energy consumption, tire pressure, and high score in blocks.
Sponsored

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
This update was incredibly stupid and lazy. They should have left the choice in place so that “camp hate tiles” could hide them forever and just have the entire screen consumed by the radio or whatever, and “camp loves tiles” could have a screen with a lot of the radio, and a series of tiles with snippets of interesting data, like next turn, energy consumption, tire pressure, and high score in blocks.
I don't miss the larger tiles at all. The vast majority of them were totally useless, containing only a title surrounded awkwardly by way too much empty space. It looked terrible.

OP
OP

Kevin4man

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustangs Mach E Premium extended range RWD
Country flag
I don’t understand why you would be using CarPlay but be playing audio from somewhere else while you’re using CarPlay
If you use Alexa commands is a great example, difference from taking from phone directly... the pandora and Spotify would be getting the data from the connected services, not from your phone

OP
OP

Kevin4man

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustangs Mach E Premium extended range RWD
Country flag
See, I'd rather have bigger CarPlay than the tiles.

You know when I look at the tire pressure monitor? When it says there's an issue with low tire pressure. I don't need it visible the entire trip. Same for energy efficiency, I'm not trying to hypermile over here, the only time I've ever looked at it was when I was bored waiting to charge or wanted to see stats at the end of my trip.

I think they could definitely fit some more info there to appease some of y'all (like artist/title, or make them scroll), but generally the tiles weren't all that informative anyways.
I'm just asking for the OPTION of going either way, just like it used to... you don't have to use the large tiles, just go full screen and it's like it is now... I often switched between these modes with ease and got great benefit from each configuration... don't understand why they can't appease both, they did before?

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I don't understand why posts like these bring out the "hate big tiles" gang. We're not saying "take away small tiles 4ever"; we're just saying we want the option of the old UI back. If you hate tiles - that's cool! Ford should also give you the option to remove it all. Choice is great. Sure, it's a bit more complex - but imagine if we weren't given choices in car colours, or different EV models. We'd all be driving Teslas! 🤣

Last edited:

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
...not sure how useful it is to see tire pressure all the time
That exact information is very useful to me, when driving at speed.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I don't understand why posts like these bring out the "hate big tiles" gang. We're not saying "take away small files 4ever"; we're just saying we want the option of the old UI back. If you hate tiles - that's cool! Ford should also give you the option to remove it all. Choice is great. Sure, it's a bit more complex - but imagine if we weren't given choices in car colours, or different EV models. We'd all be driving Teslas! 🤣
This!

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
I don’t understand why you would be using CarPlay but be playing audio from somewhere else while you’re using CarPlay
Listening to local radio while using Google maps or Waze is one good example.

Brussam

First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dmbruss.com
Vehicles
Racing Red 2RWD Extended
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We would prefer either the ability to have large tiles or have all the information that was in the large tile in the small one.

The other changes like heat on the knob was meh.

And we seem to have a lot of problems of getting profiles selected since the update. We used to be able to select by pressing the profile buttons on the door.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Trip energy still shows the average consumption when its small, not sure how useful it is to see tire pressure all the time
I caught the the driver's side rear tire slowly losing pressure before entering an area where there would be no way to fix it for many miles. Had I waited for the low-tire pressure warning light I would have been well past the Costco I had the tire repaired at.

Seeing tire pressure at a glance is a nice feature.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Yeah this is on Apple. From the looks of it they may be planning on doing that later this year.
1675029008121.png
I still believe this was one of the driving factors behind the increased CarPlay/AA being fixed. The MME was one of the cars featured in the keynote and I’m hopeful they’re moving towards this full implementation that looks amazing.