PLEASE PLEASE bring back option of full vs 3/4 screen in New an UI. individually

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
Clearly we need a poll.
Sponsored

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
On the old UI you could drag a tile down to "close" it--not sure if it works the same way on the new UI (as I don't have it yet).
It still does that, however, I'd like when I drag the very last tile, the screen would 'fill up' that bit that is now empty.

Rarely have tiles open down there, rather just focus on the screen at hand.

/and while you're at it, I love/hate the new dial settings. It's nice to have, but the volume bar across the top was better "For me" now when I change the volume, I have to look down to see the setting.

//Yes, I know, set it to the 'volume' you want via your ears. But I find 12 is good for Highway/windows up, and 8 is good for City/windows up.

not twist, wait, hmm, not quite, twist, wait ok seems good.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Elapsed time is something my other cars had visible at all times and the previous interface had on the tile. I like to know how long my commute is taking since it varies every day. Now I have to click into the trip app to see it.

The camera button at the top is nice but the icons look very dated, like macos from 20 years ago.
Oh yeah, totally forgot. there USED to be a cancel (X) button on the reverse camera, I don't see that anymore. There's this one spot where we have to back to a fence, then forward to another fence and you have to wait for the Rear camera to go off, then you can hit the front camera button to show the front fence so we don't hit it...

/no, I don't want to turn off back up camera delay, I want my (X) back

Flashdog99

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT 2022
Country flag
I haven't seen this mentioned and I guess it's not relevant to most people... the larger tile for the native navigation showed compass heading, street name and City. This is actually good information in a concise format which has come in handy during road trips. The Carplay apps don't show all that information easily and the combination of Waze and the native large tile was helpful on trips.
Now that is lost.

DustyShades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Ex Infinite Blue
Country flag
Radio = live and up to the minute programming.
Radio = local programming.
what are you listening to that’s important to have live and local? I could think of basically nothing where I would care. Are you a big morning show shock jock listener?

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
what are you listening to that’s important to have live and local? I could think of basically nothing where I would care. Are you a big morning show shock jock listener?
Yeah, the nerve on @Electric Goat to enjoy something that I don't!

DustyShades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Ex Infinite Blue
Country flag
That’s fine - I just genuinely don’t understand it and am curious. I haven’t heard / seen anyone use the radio in almost 15 years. I actually didn’t even realize the Mach e had a radio until right now.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
How the hell will they monetize, track and ad target unknown people in unknown cars listening to unknown things ? I like Spotify and all but damn. Sometimes I just want to scan the stations and find something I havn't heard in a long time. And not have my phone try to get me to buy the freakin album for a month.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
I got the 4.1.2 update today. I don’t like the new layout. It’s making my Apple CarPlay experience a bit difficult to deal with. I like the recent apps and battery level on the left side rather than the bottom. I also don’t like the landscape map in the overview screen, I liked it when it was portrait on the left side.
I really want to see more info on the bottom tiles. Especially the trip and tire pressure apps.

Last edited:

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
1. you have just shown why more vertical space would benefit the large layout. it would make the map a lot easier to see.
So I got 4.1.2 last night and ran the same test.
As a refresher the old “small” CarPlay layout gave you 39% of the screen as a map. The older large layout gave you 18% of the screen as usable map.
The new CarPlay layout which is 200 pixels taller gives you … 19% usable map (proportionally adjust to the new app size). So with this update the map is still less half the size it used to be.

Yay 🥲
Ford Mustang Mach-E PLEASE PLEASE bring back option of full vs 3/4 screen in New an UI.   individually 1401CC8B-764C-467F-9F43-7FBFA4DB704A

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
battery level on the left side rather than the bottom.
That wasn't changed with this update. If you're in Engage mode with driver assist features turned off (lane keep, cruise, distance indicator), you'll get the blue bar at the bottom of the IPC. If you are in any other drive mode or have any of the driver assist features turned on, the blue bar will disappear and you'll have the battery show up to the left as a percentage. This is how it has worked from the beginning.

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
So I got 4.1.2 last night and ran the same test.
As a refresher the old “small” CarPlay layout gave you 39% of the screen as a map. The older large layout gave you 18% of the screen as usable map.
The new CarPlay layout which is 200 pixels taller gives you … 19% usable map (proportionally adjust to the new app size). So with this update the map is still less half the size it used to be.

Yay 🥲
Ford Mustang Mach-E PLEASE PLEASE bring back option of full vs 3/4 screen in New an UI.   individually 1401CC8B-764C-467F-9F43-7FBFA4DB704A
looks a lot better though. and the media tile has a lot more info on it as well.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
looks a lot better though.
🤨 I respectfully disagree.

The media tile may show more, but they are still comically big. Particularly the navigation tile. It could be half the size and still display the same amount of info. The single button on this view is swimming in space.
Ford Mustang Mach-E PLEASE PLEASE bring back option of full vs 3/4 screen in New an UI.   individually 4E83FFE2-32F9-46CD-B49F-A39A0B21F128

Also I now need to look at the bottom right to see if my phone is charging or to switch apps, instead of the top left. So I am taking my eye farther off the road to do things now.

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
i mean the vertical spacing in the large format is better now than 3.6.2. i agree the overall layout still needs a lot of improvement.
Sponsored