AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
What kind of success are you getting with Plug and Charge?

I’m currently at Loves gas station at an EA charger in Davenport, and P&C would not work.

At first it would fault, I then unplugged and replugged, then it went to an Initiation screen, then to the screen to pay. I still have my free kWh so didn’t select any options. Shortly after that, I guess it timed out and it faulted again.

Starting the charge in FordPass before plugging in, successfully started the free charge.

This is my first time using a Level 3 charger and wanted to test it before attempting a road trip. And to make sure my MME doesn’t throw any errors that an update could fix.
Sponsored

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I recently had my first successful Plug and Charge at that station. I used the 150kw plug on the first one. Also got my Arby’s fix while I was there!

TJ-Mach-e

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Merc S550, 2021 MME AWD ER
Country flag
I tried it twice and it worked twice with no issue at all. However the second time I needed to fast charge I went to the same Location and the exact same plug that I had success with on my first charge. So I guess we should really count it as a 1 out of 1 success rate.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Two for two so far. Make sure doors are closed an car unlocked, those are two things that can cause failures to initiate.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I was there again on Friday but this time I didn’t need to charge. Traffic on 27 was jammed up so we just stopped their for Arby’s again and waited for the traffic to unwind! There was a guy charging his VW ID4 using the same plug that worked for me before!

CarsIMBwife

First Name
Rosie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired Data Analyst
Country flag
Two road trips, seven states, 14 successful P&C charges. All EA. Only had one Charge fault issue 2 times with the same charger (not counted since not successful). Moved to the 150 one and it worked fine (counted in the 14). After using up the freebies, my credit card is now seeing the bills. Overall I’m very happy. Only complaint was the one in Carlisle PA which charged by the minute. Since we can’t control the speed, it was a little annoying (first world problem). Inching closer to 4000 miles.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
By the minute is way cheaper than by the kw - like half as much.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I successfully used up all of my Wife’s complementary charge time on our road trip to Panama City Beach. So far I have been able to plug and charge at 3 out of the 4 EA stations that I have tried. Our total fuel cost for the approximately 900 mile round trip was $2.31. :)
Sponsored