Plug and Charge

redrambha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MachE Premium Extended RWD
Country flag
After 4 months of buying the car, finally tried the plug and charge at an EA station. Yes, it is a relatively new station here in Leesburg,VA. To my surprise it worked seamlessly, from the plug and charge initiation, to the charge speed (averaged 125 Kw from 40 to 80%) to the notifications on FordPass. Also didn’t have to pay since this was my first use of the 500kw allowance. So a very pleasant experience, of course this was a newer station and I might not have the same experience at all EA stations. But just wanted to document my experience. I do have the Paak software update , if that has any bearing.
Sponsored

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Good to hear. I just did a 3 week road trip with many charges at EA. My success rate was about 95% on the first try. I had a couple where I had to move to a different unit but the second try worked. I only used the P&C once just to make sure it still worked as I have used up my free kw’s - it did. The rest of the time I used the EA app so I could take advantage of the lower rate with the pass+ membership. With that you just have to select the charger on the app first ( even though it says to do it the other way around) so that P&C won’t automatically start charging at the higher rate When you plug in.

Charge Point chargers worked well too using the Charge Point card loaded into my iPhone wallet. Just tap the symbol on the charger and the plug releases.

OP
OP

redrambha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MachE Premium Extended RWD
Country flag
Thanks for the tip. Will try the EA app as well, so I’m ready come the next road trip.

Good to hear. I just did a 3 week road trip with many charges at EA. My success rate was about 95% on the first try. I had a couple where I had to move to a different unit but the second try worked. I only used the P&C once just to make sure it still worked as I have used up my free kw’s - it did. The rest of the time I used the EA app so I could take advantage of the lower rate with the pass+ membership. With that you just have to select the charger on the app first ( even though it says to do it the other way around) so that P&C won’t automatically start charging at the higher rate When you plug in.

Charge Point chargers worked well too using the Charge Point card loaded into my iPhone wallet. Just tap the symbol on the charger and the plug releases.

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Just did my 1st PC on our 1st trip. Worked great, added 50% back in 27 min. I stopped at 80%, was that correct? I remember reading something about after 80% the charge rate slows down

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plug and Charge 20210813_205925

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
You did good son. After it hits 80% it slows significantly and can take another hour or more to complete to 100%

Reactions: JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
So maybe plug in and head to to mexican restaurant for dinner next time? After all I read our first road trip has been normal parked at long-term lot with cover and charging, only mme here!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So maybe plug in and head to to mexican restaurant for dinner next time? After all I read our first road trip has been normal parked at long-term lot with cover and charging, only mme here!
A mexican restaurant is no help for BEVs. They don't run on gas. ;)