Plug-in hybrids and EVs cost less to maintain and repair, finds Consumer Reports

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
My 2013 C-max Hybrid is at 90k miles without problems.
My 2013 CMax Hybrid is at 81k. The only problem ever was that the 12V battery was toast at delivery. The car sat on the dealer lot for 6 months, which was probably too long. For whatever reason, Ford send me a snail mail asking me to go the dealer have my 12V battery checked/replaced a few weeks after I bought it (maybe due to Ford Roadside Assistance request about dead battery shortly after purchase).
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
My 2013 CMax Hybrid is at 81k. The only problem ever was that the 12V battery was toast at delivery. The car sat on the dealer lot for 6 months, which was probably too long. For whatever reason, Ford send me a snail mail asking me to go the dealer have my 12V battery checked/replaced a few weeks after I bought it (maybe due to Ford Roadside Assistance request about dead battery shortly after purchase).
They also had ongoing problems with the 12 volt. Some cars would die all the time, some module not going to sleep. They also released an update to flash some module so the 12v battery gets charged a little more.