Plug & play a CD player possible??

MargaritavilleNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT (Aug build week-Oct delivery)
Country flag
I have a CD drive I thought I could plug in and play in my Mach E but it doesn't give me the option of picking the USB port as an input for radio.
Any ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP

MargaritavilleNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT (Aug build week-Oct delivery)
Country flag
That's a good idea and possibility, but won't that be the same issue, if the radio doesn't give me a usb option for the input?

Fordmaybe

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No ford yet
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
What’s a CD player? Kidding as I have 1000’s burned in hard drive. I think if you them electronically you could load some to your phone. in the old days I used a fm transmitter which just broadcast a station and would set radio to that station. I don’t know why they still don’t put 8track or cassette players in cars!

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Get a Bluetooth dongle for your cd player.

Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter 3-in-1, Portable Wireless Bluetooth Transceiver Adapter, Rechargeable Bluetooth Transmitter for TV, Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Car System https://a.co/d/5vZHjbn

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I use a USB drive regularly and have all my CDs saved on it. You can copy the CDs at original quality, which is better than Bluetooth quality. You can purchase digital music at an even higher quality than CD and put those on your USB also.

It is the best way to listen to music IMO. Unless you want to change what you are listening to when driving. Even though Sync let's you change radio stations, change inputs, play with the navigation, etc, it won't let you browse the USB while in motion. The stupidest thing ever. If you know what you want to listen to, you can use voice commands to play it. But you cannot browse your collection. Stupid.
Sponsored