Gilles

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Volt with Mach-e on order
Country flag
A FWD Mach-E with 98 kWh battery comes in at about 4,700 lbs = about 2,130 kg. The AWD with 98 kWh is about 4,900 lbs = about 2,222 kg. So it's about the same as the Polestar if you got the FWD.
Mach-E does not have FWD. Its RWD or AWD. The brochure has an estimated range of 475 KM for the RWD and 425 KM for the AWD. This is different from what you get on Tesla (where the AWD has a better range than RWD). We will have to wait and see the EPA numbers.
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Mach-E does not have FWD. Its RWD or AWD. The brochure has an estimated range of 475 KM for the RWD and 425 KM for the AWD. This is different from what you get on Tesla (where the AWD has a better range than RWD). We will have to wait and see the EPA numbers.
You're right. My typo. But it could be considered FWD if you drove backwards! HA!!

OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Got the "you can reserve now" email - first step is mandatory dealer selection. It's a joke and a half. There are exactly four options. Honestly no idea why they are bothering to send me mail.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Polestar 2 US price announced Screenshot_20200615-185409

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Got the "you can reserve now" email - first step is mandatory dealer selection. It's a joke and a half. There are exactly four options. Honestly no idea why they are bothering to send me mail.
Screenshot_20200615-185409.jpg
Seriously? L.A., Bay Area and NYC are the only options? Even if you're willing to pick up at one of those locations from elsewhere, are you willing to have service support limited to those areas?
This is worse than what you'd see for a compliance vehicle.

OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Seriously? L.A., Bay Area and NYC are the only options? Even if you're willing to pick up at one of those locations from elsewhere, are you willing to have service support limited to those areas?
This is worse than what you'd see for a compliance vehicle.
yeah. they did say a few more are coming, but it's still pretty idiotic.

Screenshot_20200615-192012_Outlook.jpg

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Baker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smart EV
Country flag
I got a mail from Polestar AWD advising me the lease cost would be CDN$899/month + tx snd financing as low as 0.90%. Delivery in beginning of 2021.
Not so bad!!!

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m guessing they thought they’d be a lot further along in establishing a network by now.
Instead of delaying the launch now that they’re so far behind with sites, they will proceed with the four sites they have in the US and hope to get caught up with the rest later. This can’t be how they originally planned to launch this.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I got a mail from Polestar AWD advising me the lease cost would be CDN$899/month + tx snd financing as low as 0.90%. Delivery in beginning of 2021.
Not so bad!!!
Are there more Canadian dealers than US? Preferably within 1,000 miles?

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
This is an idiotic non-launch...
Do you think there is a problem if you were interested? What is the issue with travelling hundreds / thousands of miles to look and test drive? Hope there aren't any service issues once you buy / lease!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It doesn't surprise be that a new auto brand just starting up with 1 or 2 vehicles doesn't have 100 dealerships opening all across the country, if that's what some were expecting. I think that model (especially for BEVs) will be shrinking/shifting this decade. And more toward online sales with delivery instead.

But having said that, they still need to make the vehicle available for potential buyers to check out in person. Looks like they have 8 cities planned so far, which obviously isn't enough coverage. Since Polestar is a subsidiary of Volvo, seems like placing one for show at most Volvo dealerships would be a logical path forward without incurring huge expense.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It doesn't surprise be that a new auto brand just starting up with 1 or 2 vehicles doesn't have 100 dealerships opening all across the country, if that's what some were expecting. I think that model (especially for BEVs) will be shrinking/shifting this decade. And more toward online sales with delivery instead.
Nobody said we’d expect 100 dealerships, but there’s a big difference between that and 4 (and really only 3 if you consider two of them are in the Bay Area). For them to say five others are “planned” to open a year after launch of the vehicle is surprising and disappointing. Online sales, delivery and service support to only 3 US cities for the first year is not a good business model.
Sponsored