Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
interesting. Our Leaf has AM and it works fine.
I suspect interference is more of an issue with more powerful electric motors. That might explain why the Leaf isn't subject to it.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I suspect interference is more of an issue with more powerful electric motors. That might explain why the Leaf isn't subject to it.
Makes sense. Larger coils, Larger magnets, more power through lines, larger EM fields all adds up to more EMI.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Peter, I had seen that one previously. I'll never understand why these articles simply compare cost as opposed to the features you're getting at a given cost so as to make the comparison more meaningful.

I've been watching a 40 minute presentation on the car and I learned that like Tesla & the Mustang, the car will get OTA updates for both the infotainment system as well as the car's vital systems.

For those interested:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Maybe the Polestar’s “best-in-class towing figure of 3,300 pounds” will push Ford into giving us towing options for the Mach E.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Might be late in the game for any significant changes. Not sure what changes they’d have to make.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
And we've already seen a hitch-equipped mule driving around in Canada.

Gilles

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Volt with Mach-e on order
Country flag
XC40 Recharge will be made in Ghent, Belgium, not China. The made in China aspect of the Polestar makes it a complete non-starter for me, personally.
It is important to remember that Geely is one of the largest electric car manufacturing in the world. So I expect no problem with their technology.
The one thing Mach e has over polestar is the larger battery (98 kwh). I am looking forward to the official EPA from both cars.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo
Country flag
Polestar has been saying for a year or two that they (like most other EV manufacturers) are coming out with cheaper versions of their initial models after releasing the high-end versions first. Thus, it's confirmed that there will be a $45k (USD) version of Polestar 2, perhaps next year; with US federal tax credits and state rebates, this could place it in the mid- to upper-$30k range. That version of Polestar 2 will theoretically give Mach-E and Model 3 a run for their money, if they can churn out enough cars, in that one might be getting a lot more for their money with Polestar 2.

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...-a-tesla-model-3-fighter-arriving-summer-2020

On the downside, only select Volvo dealerships will be "allowed" to sell and service Polestar 2 (and Polestar 3, etc.); so, for example, out of 8 or 9 Volvo dealerships in the Boston area, only one will be dealing with Polestar 2, as I understand it. As for some of the other comments made on this thread: Polestar is Volvo, not Geely, in terms of its design and quality. Much of the non-electric part is Volvo (seats, steering wheel, suspension, etc.). Volvos are well known for having among the best seats (if not the THE best) in the automotive industry, and I'm assuming that these high-quality seats are going into Polestar 2. Yes, Polestar is being made in China for now, but I wouldn't let that worry me because Volvo/Polestar in Sweden has control over the manufacturing as well as the design; labor is cheaper in China, and China is big on EVs, but that doesn't mean that Polestars or Volvos made in China are worse than those made in Europe or the USA.

And yes, the rear seats of Polestar fold down, so it's a hatchback like Mach-E; for some reason, Polestar doesn't mention this feature much and neither do most YouTube reviewers of it -- a real puzzle to me because that's a huge plus for many (if not most) potential buyers, vs. a "real" sedan where the back seats can't be put down (making them much less flexible and useful).

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
This forum is more active on the Polestar than the volvo/polestar forum itself. hmm....
Having run out of things to talk about as to the Mach E until we get other nuggets of info, we're desperate for any car news to talk about.
If this goes another month, we'll be deep in discussions comparing EZ-GO and Club golf cars.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Having run out of things to talk about as to the Mach E until we get other nuggets of info, we're desperate for any car news to talk about.
If this goes another month, we'll be deep in discussions comparing EZ-GO and Club golf cars.
The only other bit of news I found today was this slightly disappointing news:

All 21MY and newer Ford and Lincoln vehicles will come with a three (3) month SiriusXM trial subscription. All 20MY and older vehicles will continue with the six (6) month SiriusXM trial subscription.

I never really used the satellite radio anyways, so no big deal for me.
Sponsored