Polestar giving owners 2 years of DCFC at Electrify America

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
They do that because Polestar sucks in comparison to Mach e?

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
As someone who's EA charging credit will probably expire before it gets used up, I'd rather just pay as I go than have it built into the price of the car.
..... Chinese manufactured car ?

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I've read somewhere that Hyundai is also planning to offer free EA with their Ioniq 5
I would treat it as a pleasant addition to the car and take it out of the Choice making equation

Magnitude

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Route 1
Country flag
For the amount of public charging we do on our Mach-E. Ford should of done free charging for 2 years. it levels the field and gives even more incentive for new buyers to compare apples to apples.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I've read somewhere that Hyundai is also planning to offer free EA with their Ioniq 5
I would treat it as a pleasant addition to the car and take it out of the Choice making equation
Yes Hyundai will be giving you 2 years free charging up to 30 minutes, which with its charger curve is enough time for most people.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
They do that because Polestar sucks in comparison to Mach e?
It could be a fine car. I really don't know. But those EA credits are a deal sweetener Polestar may need to offer that Ford does not, especially to every buyer.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I thought the Polestar 1 was a beautiful car and I almost tried to buy one even though it is a PHEV with only 50 miles of electric range, and it's more costly than a Tesla S. The Polestar 2 is a typical crossover EV and there are probably better choices. But good on Polestar for offering this. More manufacturers need to do things like this to encourage both EV purchases and charging infrastructure buildout.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
hmm 1/4 mile trap speeds for its power says otherwise ;)
What is that?

I testdrove it. The ergonomics inside is not as good as Mach E. The frunk is tiny. The cupholder inside the storage compartment, etc..... And overall it looks and feels more boring then even tesla.
I also don't like that it is manufactured in China, they don't have service centers - somebody comes, picks it up from you then bring it back for every service.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
What is that?

I testdrove it. The ergonomics inside is not as good as Mach E. The frunk is tiny. The cupholder inside the storage compartment, etc..... And overall it looks and feels more boring then even tesla.
I also don't like that it is manufactured in China, they don't have service centers - somebody comes, picks it up from you then bring it back for every service.
But at least they have a towing option and roof rack, I'd be tempted to trade my Mach E in for one just for that.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
But at least they have a towing option and roof rack, I'd be tempted to trade my Mach E in for one just for that.
Are you saying that it is impossible to install a roof rack or a towing hitch at all?
Sponsored