Poll as to how many people have owned a battery vehicle before...plug-in hybrids do not count

How many of people with reservations presently drive or have had a non-hybrid electric vehicle

• Total voters

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Similarly, this will be my second BEV along with a Hybrid. Previously I had one Plug-in Hybrid and one Hybrid.

2010 Milan Hybrid (replaced by 2018 Bolt)
2013 Fusion Energi Plug-in Hybrid (replaced by 2016 MKZ)
Very Long Story (Ford bought the Fusion back after 3 years)
2016 MKZ Hybrid [current]
2018 Bolt [current]
To be replaced by Mustang Mach-e
I’ve had a 15 Accord Hybrid (totaled in accident) and now a 17 Accord Hybrid (a great car). In CT the charging infrastructure is now being built and the ranges of EV’s are now enough to be practical. Tesla’s aren’t Legally sold in CT, something about lack of physical dealers. It’s my 12 Kia Sorento leaving the stable.
Sponsored

ChrisSJR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Space White RWD ER (Spark-E), 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My order for the MME is our first BEV. I initially was interested in a PHEV but after a lot of research realized that would be a mistake. As long as we still have an ICE vehicle the new vehicle should be a BEV which could satisfy 90 percent of our driving needs. So the MME will be our go to car for most driving. In a few years we will probably even sell the ICE as the BEV infrastructure will be much better to support BEV charging needs.

jdhzzz

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Systems engineer
Country flag
Old thread but my experience before owning a Mach e was:
Rode 1 time in a Model 3 Tesla.
Contacted Ford dealer in early 2021 about a test drive after viewing a YouTube video on the Mach e. I was interested as it was an EV without turning its back on conventional controls.
Test drove a Premium, extended battery, AWD. Purchased the one I test drove as it was available. Someone ordered it and decided it was too expensive. Took it home the next day.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I converted a Suzuki Swift to BEV in 2008. First with Lead-acid batteries.... 30 mile range, upgraded it a couple years later to LFP and got 50 mile range.

...did a couple others as guest teacher at local high schools

Did a Mazda Miata 'performance' conversion.... 160v x 1000amp DC conversion in 2012.... 50 mile range. Used as a daily 'around town' driver until I got the MME in feb 2021

history of builds is online at www.envirokarma.org

The MME is my first OEM BEV.....

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
This is my 2nd BEV (first was Tesla 3 P stealth), and we have the MME and a Taycan in the stable. Also have a hybrid Sienna and an ICE Audi.

Swanlee

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
System Admin
Country flag
We leased a leaf for 4 years then a Bolt for 3 years and just bought a Mach e. Glad to have an EV again
Sponsored