Poll as to how many people have owned a battery vehicle before...plug-in hybrids do not count

How many of people with reservations presently drive or have had a non-hybrid electric vehicle

• Total voters

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I was wondering how many new adopters the Mach-E is attracting.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I'm on my 2nd BEV, 3rd plugin. The Mach-E will be my 3rd BEV and 4th plugin.

Not one of them a Tesla LOL (I have nothing against Tesla, just the opportunity has yet to present itself for a Tesla).

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo
Country flag
I can argue that a PHEV owner such as myself is not an entirely new adopter and not a newbie to the EV world. Plugging in nightly and doing most of my daily driving for over a year (over 20k miles) in all-electric mode is immersion in the EV world, in my view. No, not the same as owning a BEV, granted, but way different from an ICE-only-vehicle, and closer to BEV in some respects than to ICEV.

Brianbarn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mustang; 2014 Explorer. Formerly 2013 Focus Electric
Country flag
My previous BEV was a 2013 Focus Electric. The Mach-E is certainly a great leap forward from the Focus.

OP
OP
jeffdawgfan

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I can argue that a PHEV owner such as myself is not an entirely new adopter and not a newbie to the EV world. Plugging in nightly and doing most of my daily driving for over a year (over 20k miles) in all-electric mode is immersion in the EV world, in my view. No, not the same as owning a BEV, granted, but way different from an ICE-only-vehicle, and closer to BEV in some respects than to ICEV.
I worded the poll this way because a hybrid owner still has that option of burning gas if his battery gets low where a dedicated battery vehicle owner has no ICE backup and will have to charge/recharge.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
1 previous BEV (Fiat 500e) and currently two plug-ins (Volvo XC90 and Porsche Panamera S).

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Own Tesla Model S for almost 7 years. Love it. Wanted a SUV and hope Mach E will be as good as Tesla cars.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Own Tesla Model S for almost 7 years. Love it. Wanted a SUV and hope Mach E will be as good as Tesla cars.
Out of curiosity, why not a model Y? Do you like the styling better, want the $7500 credit, or just want to try something different?

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
I have driven a model S for 6 years. I am disappointed in Tesla service, cost for simple repair and I am ready for a change if it is as good. I do love the styling of the Mach E. And its much more economical than a model S.

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Out of curiosity, why not a model Y? Do you like the styling better, want the $7500 credit, or just want to try something different?
I've been looking for a compact SUV to replace my Model S quite sometime. Tesla has the most efficient platform for sure, KW/miles due to better lithium ion battery technology, software & over the air upgrade are second to none. I have the early adoption model with no sensors and cameras so I cannot take advantage of the autopilot. Performance wise it is the best car I've ever driven. However, customer service is deteriorating after the warranty. Model Y is not very good on the interior design (likewise my Model S), limited color selections, skim front display, uncomfortable seats (per Model 3), and some other basic gadgets for traditional users. There are 2 compact SUVs I like, Audi Q4 e-tron and Mach E. Even though I put down the deposit but not convinced the Mach E is right for me until I test drive it.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have driven a model S for 6 years. I am disappointed in Tesla service, cost for simple repair and I am ready for a change if it is as good. I do love the styling of the Mach E. And its much more economical than a model S.
Gotcha. Yes, the whole internet model completely falls apart when it comes to service - be it Tesla or anything else.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I’m in year 6 of purely BEV life. Leased the BMW i3 and then moved to the BoltEV. Lease up on the bolt in November so hope everything works out.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm on my 2nd BEV, 3rd plugin. The Mach-E will be my 3rd BEV and 4th plugin.

Not one of them a Tesla LOL (I have nothing against Tesla, just the opportunity has yet to present itself for a Tesla).
Similarly, this will be my second BEV along with a Hybrid. Previously I had one Plug-in Hybrid and one Hybrid.

2010 Milan Hybrid (replaced by 2018 Bolt)
2013 Fusion Energi Plug-in Hybrid (replaced by 2016 MKZ)
Very Long Story (Ford bought the Fusion back after 3 years)
2016 MKZ Hybrid [current]
2018 Bolt [current]
To be replaced by Mustang Mach-e

Last edited: