POLL: Converting reservation to an order?

Are you going to convert your reservation to an order, and if so are you changing anything?

• Total voters

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Flat out wrong. Panoramic glass roofs add weight. I've read anywhere from 100 to 250 lbs over a standard roof (depending on whether it does have motorized sunroof or not).

Manufacturers are incorporating them because customers love the look of the pano roofs. You may not care for it... but most people are greatly impressed by them, and generally willing to pay a premium for it.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Wisconsin Pony Gal

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach 3 Premium AWD (AKA Lightning!)
Country flag
Will cancelled FE orders be offered to those of us in line for other models? I’d consider moving from my Premium AWD std to the FE if that means faster delivery.

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME FE, 21 MME GTPE, 23 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
Country flag
I have a hunch that the GT version is going to be something special. Dave Pericak is in charge of the program and hearing him talk about the Mustang Mach-E, what the FE/Premium is capable of, and then hear the barely contained excitement he has about the GT version makes me believe that it is next level.
I love every second I am behind the wheel of my 2015 GT convertible. In Dave Pericak I trust. The man knows what a Mustang is supposed to be.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I definitely plan to convert my reservation. I am on the fence about changing from Rapid Red to Grabber Blue. I will make a decision once i see it in person.
Since yours is an FE reservation like mine, the only way you'll see the colors in person before conversion will be on cars in Ford lots or on the open road. Conversion is in less than two weeks, especially for FEs. You're unlikely to see two MMEs in a car lot before delivery and that would have to be a special event with prototypes.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The only switch I would consider would be to go from my Grabber Blue First Edition to a fully decked-out GT Performance - orange maybe? I don't really need 0-60 in 3.5 and prefer the range.

Nope. I'm good. Besides, I'm ready for delivery now, so November sounds much better than next summer.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Switching from a First Edition to a GT is certainly going from first to last on delivery!
I wonder if switching from Premium to Select would make a difference in delivery ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I wonder if switching from Premium to Select would make a difference in delivery ?
Probably. They've already stated production/delivery scheduling is FE/Premium/Select/GT. At some point the collision of trim vs reservation date starts to mix things up. However, an early reservation on a Premium will almost certainly be delivered sooner than an early reservation on a Select to a US buyer, and probably Canada too. Those should all be rail or rail-truck deliveries.

Loading up ships to Europe makes European delivery scheduling a more complicated question for which we have little real information.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
That would probably delay delivery a little as premium are same / next in line as FE. (Going the other way may improve delivery). That said, there is probably enough cancellations because of covid19 that it wouldn't be more than a month or so...

Which at this point probably isn't significant, unless 2020 delivery is critical, such as for what year you get the $7500 tax credit...

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That would probably delay delivery a little as premium are same / next in line as FE. (Going the other way may improve delivery). That said, there is probably enough cancellations because of covid19 that it wouldn't be more than a month or so...

Which at this point probably isn't significant, unless 2020 delivery is critical, such as for what year you get the $7500 tax credit...
I'm from Canada so tax credit will not apply to me, but time could make a difference has if the $5,000 incentive from the federal government will finally apply has it is not for the moment.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Probably. They've already stated production/delivery scheduling is FE/Premium/Select/GT. At some point the collision of trim vs reservation date starts to mix things up. However, an early reservation on a Premium will almost certainly be delivered sooner than an early reservation on a Select to a US buyer, and probably Canada too. Those should all be rail or rail-truck deliveries.

Loading up ships to Europe makes European delivery scheduling a more complicated question for which we have little real information.
On the Ford.ca site all models except the GT delivery are schedule at the end of 2020 but of course with all the changes what can we be sure of?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I reserved a Premium 4X. I've got two plans for when the online order bank opens. I'm doing the AWD extended range battery no matter what.

1. Switch to Infinite Blue and the Space Grey interior.
2. Because of my very early time stamp (night of the reveal), IF First Editions become available, switch to Rapid Red FE.
I reserved a premium 4X too the night of the reveal. Had I thought about it more carefully, I probably would have done the FE (also in Rapid Red), so if I can, I want to switch as I have a pretty early number too XXXX4247 . . . am I ahead or behind you in line??

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I reserved a premium 4X too the night of the reveal. Had I thought about it more carefully, I probably would have done the FE (also in Rapid Red), so if I can, I want to switch as I have a pretty early number too XXXX4247 . . . am I ahead or behind you in line??
The reservation numbers are not necessarily sequential (timestamp is more important anyway), but I think you may be slightly ahead of me. I'm at 1000439x.
Sponsored