POLL: Did you test drive a Mach-e?

Did you test drive a Mach-e? (Multiple selection)

• Total voters

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
This is a poll for @JerryL idea on if you test drove a Mach-e
Sponsored

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I think the selections could be better. I test drove a MME but bought from a different dealer online...

OP
OP
Av8tor

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
In total drove seven different Mach-E for a total of just over 1k miles. Drove A Premium AWDx at the dealer ship I purchased my car thru and also drove a GTPE there recently as well.
Whenever I was out and about I would stop at a different dealership just to test drive a different model to verify my choice model. The best was from another local dealer who said to take it for the weekend and put as many miles as you want to on it (Premium RWDx) and I brought it back with over 500 miles added.
Yes it sounds excessive but I needed to be sure it is what I wanted, especially being my first BEV.

Tony

MABachE131

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT in DMG
Country flag
I test drive a Premium, fell in love and ordered a GT a few months later when they option became available. Did test drive me car prior to purchase. I couldn't wipe my smile off my face before I walked back into the dealer to finish the purchasing process.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Test drove a Route 1, hated the OPD, turned off, fell in love, had to find a lot car (was buying immediately, wasn't going to wait 10+ months for an order) that was what I wanted (Select SR AWD), so had to go with a different dealer. Test drove Premium. Have moments of regret not getting a little more range, BC and pano, but not enough to justify price difference.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'm shocked that none of these people:
Ford Mustang Mach-E POLL: Did you test drive a Mach-e? 1644791072616

Sorta interesting others, like me are willing to order a car without test driving it. That's now up to 27 votes and 26% of folks here.

Reasons for me to not need a test drive is because I'm not so picky where I can't adjust to any car I own. I've seen enough videos, reviews, articles, forum messages where nothing I saw was a deal breaker and ultimately still, to me, it's just a car and with WFH, I really don't live in it nor drive far on my commute when needed anyways.

I never saw the Mach-E as a track/race car and have no plans to take it out on a race track (I used to track and auto-x cars actually) and why I got the "slow" version (SR, non-AWD).

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
We need a poll with the question: how many weeks/months from when you order until it was delivered?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Test drove a select AWD, ordered and bought a GT.

shoopla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE, '16 Volvo S60 CrossCountry, '16 XC60
Occupation
Proj Engineer
Country flag
No, just ordered a GTPE without ever driving one or even seeing one in person, since none had been delivered yet, and the closest MME of any type at a dealer was 3 hours away and no guarantee it'd still be there for a test drive by the time I could get out there. Note that I was one of the first with a GT of any kind in this area and only paid MSRP, so figured if I didn't like it upon delivery, the dealer would have been more than happy to take ownership and sell with ADM. So the risk was low that I made a poor decision.
That said, I did test drive my actual car before signing the final paperwork, which I highly recommend. Dealer asked me even before I had a chance to ask so they could clearly mark any issues and get any fixes scheduled with the service center.
And no regrets after 5 months with the decision to own this beauty.

Pidg133

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select Rapid red & ordered 2022 GT Ice Blue
Country flag
Initially test drove for 5 minutes at a dealer (premium AWD). We then rented a select on Turo for a few days. That made the decicion easy for us and helped us realize all we needed was the select

Toreus

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Haven’t been able to drive one anywhere around me. Been to a few different dealers, sat in them, played with the tech. But these days they’re in short supply, marked up, and no dealer wants to let anyone put miles on them.

Might be the reason I eventually cancel my order, honestly. Test driving an AWD EV6 GT-like was pretty convincing argument for me.
Sponsored