Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)?

4.1.2 - Didja Get It Yet?

• Total voters

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Actually, the Frunk button placement is quite obscure. On the home screen push the settings button and then the Frunk Button is on the top right of the acceleration mode photo.
You can also open the Frunk from the FordPass app.
1680049485264.png
Thanks. Wow. You are right. Well hidden.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Actually, the Frunk button placement is quite obscure. On the home screen push the settings button and then the Frunk Button is on the top right of the acceleration mode photo.
You can also open the Frunk from the FordPass app.
1680049485264.png
I do not see charging as an app and could be switched with Alexa as that is definitely an app and has no part in how the car functions. Is departure only with charging and only in apps now? Strange place for it to be.

The format change between the two screens stands out. They could lay the settings selection out like apps with bigger icons with font below. Then add a new tab before apps and exertainment that says settings and we would always be home. Then user pin to top bar ;) Appears the PC now invades the car.

bbachrac

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E Premium Nite Pony 2023
Occupation
NA
Country flag
I do not see charging as an app and could be switched with Alexa as that is definitely an app and has no part in how the car functions. Is departure only with charging and only in apps now? Strange place for it to be.

The format change between the two screens stands out. They could lay the settings selection out like apps with bigger icons with font below. Then add a new tab before apps and exertainment that says settings and we would always be home. Then user pin to top bar ;) Appears the PC now invades the car.
Unfortunately you have identified that Ford has no competent software designers for Graphical User Interfaces (GUI). So the best users can expect is for them to stumble along. A year ago I sent Ford some draft suggestions and posted them to the Forum. The Mach-E screen is 8.5"x14" or legal size paper. All of the suggestions could be done in software.
I sized the navigation screen to be the same as a Garmin GPS I have but it could also toggle to 7”x8”. I don't consider the current Mach-E navigation screen very good. I find it inconvenient that when my wife wants to search on the media or radio screens, the the navigation screen goes away.
Needless to say GUI design involves a lot of personal preferences. In general, for most frequent activities, only one click should be necessary. I attached some other draft layouts.
Meanwhile as with most software, one learns how to use and compensate for its deficiencies.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)? 1680113786918

Attachments

T.S.

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a 2021 Premium, no early access...these are the updates I've received and dates I received them, along with screenshots of the "details"...

10/14 3.5.4
10/19 3.5.4.2
11/5 3.6.1
12/9 3.6.2
1/5 4.1.2
1/21 4.1.3
3/10 4.2.2
3/21 4.2.3
3/22 4.2.4

My 2023 was just built this week and shipped today!!

Screenshot_20230331_103004_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20230331_103043_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20230331_102907_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20230331_102830_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20230331_102010_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20230331_102042_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20230331_102125_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20230331_102320_FordPass.jpg

sabbyzaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E, Nissan 370Z
Country flag
I am stuck on 4.0.2 but car says I am still on the update 3.6.1 that I got in 11/2022. Multiple calls (10!) to the OTA team, FordPass etc that doesn't include explaining the situation over and over to get transferred again.

I was contacted by someone in the executive relations office and told to take it to a dealership and let her know the appt date and dealer so HQ can work with the service manager. Dealer didn't have an appt till 5/10. First time at a dealer for service nervous about leaving and hope it won't take months to fix.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am stuck on 4.0.2 but car says I am still on the update 3.6.1 that I got in 11/2022. Multiple calls (10!) to the OTA team, FordPass etc that doesn't include explaining the situation over and over to get transferred again.

I was contacted by someone in the executive relations office and told to take it to a dealership and let her know the appt date and dealer so HQ can work with the service manager. Dealer didn't have an appt till 5/10. First time at a dealer for service nervous about leaving and hope it won't take months to fix.
Did it display 4.0.2 for a time or always 3.6.1. I think 3.6.1 was reinstalled on mine again a few days ago as I got in and had the same problem with the drive selection that it had after the first time it installed. It had switched to engaged and would not take whisper. It took unbridled and then whisper again like DĂ©jĂ  vu.

Mine is in right now for the 12th time. You will get use of it with this car and relax eventually. It is just fickle and needs attention. Most times with software the worse that will happen is you get it back and nothing was done. Never was more than a day for software.

sabbyzaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E, Nissan 370Z
Country flag
Did it display 4.0.2 for a time or always 3.6.1. I think 3.6.1 was reinstalled on mine again a few days ago as I got in and had the same problem with the drive selection that it had after the first time it installed. It had switched to engaged and would not take whisper. It took unbridled and then whisper again like DĂ©jĂ  vu.

Mine is in right now for the 12th time. You will get use of it with this car and relax eventually. It is just fickle and needs attention. Most times with software the worse that will happen is you get it back and nothing was done. Never was more than a day for software.
Never displayed 4.0, just online but car and app think I never got an update. Someone from fordpass app left me a message saying it should be fixed with the app update. Nope, have appt to take it into service but not keeping my hopes up.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Never displayed 4.0, just online but car and app think I never got an update. Someone from fordpass app left me a message saying it should be fixed with the app update. Nope, have appt to take it into service but not keeping my hopes up.
From what I understand it not updating is not a problem and you need to list all the bugs you are living with that they already know about so your dealer gets paid for getting you unstuck.

OTA is a work in progress from what I have seen so far and does not work for all; all the time. For mine bad ones that lock me out of conductivity and privacy setting with no wi-fi projection I have no problems getting. If they are never sent you never get them.
Sponsored