Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)?

4.1.2 - Didja Get It Yet?

• Total voters

basilisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Not sure that battery level even matters, I'm at 51% and just got 3.6.1 today after no updates since October. First attempt to install failed, but it went through on a second try. Ironically, this time the car was sitting outside with lousy wifi signal. 2022 GTPE.
Sponsored

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
Still stuck at 3,5,4 for the last month. First ford dealer never did the updates when I brought the car in for issues. They ended up damaging my 1300 mile car. I was livid!
A whole bunch of us today that were stuck on 3.5.4 received the 3.6.1 OTA.

It sure does seem coincidental.

what I wonder is if we all were built in the same month or ā€œbatchā€.
what I did :

scheduled updates for 11pm
Auto updates on
Connected to L2 charger overnight
Connected to Wi-Fi
Checked for updates on startup (none)
Drove the car for I donā€™t know 10 mins , parked , got back in the car drove and I saw the 3.6.1 update

Last edited:

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I just received the update yesterday, so I've updated my vote.

I can't properly put into words how much I appreciate this update. It changes and simplifies so much about how I interact with this car. I don't have a single complaint. Thank you Ford!

findingtim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Country flag
Just got my update yesterday to 4.1.2 non early access. What was odd was I drove it to work in the morning, no update and parked in a parking garage with no wi-fi. Then, drove it to dinner meeting with a friend around 6:30pm, then after dinner I noticed Apple Carplay spotify looked different and then realized the carā€™s UI was updated. So it didnā€™t apply the update until later in the day which was interesting.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I did an analysis based of the people who have responded to this poll. Of course it is highly scientific, and highly accurate, because we all know this forum is a good representation of the typical MME user. šŸ˜‚

58% of EA members have received this update
34% of non-EA members have received this update
17% of those responding are in EA
An EA member is 1.7 times more likely to get an update before a non-EA member

Personally I thought the difference would be greater, with EA members getting updates much earlier than others. But that is obviously not the case, at least with this update anyway.

I am in EA and I got 3.6.1 yesterday. So I am still a few updates behind everyone who has this update.

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2021 Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
A whole bunch of us today that were stuck on 3.5.4 received the 3.6.1 OTA.

It sure does seem coincidental.

what I wonder is if we all were built in the same month or ā€œbatchā€.
what I did :

scheduled updates for 11pm
Auto updates on
Connected to L2 charger overnight
Connected to Wi-Fi
Checked for updates on startup (none)
Drove the car for I donā€™t know 10 mins , parked , got back in the car drove and I saw the 3.6.1 update
Mine was built November of 2020. I have mine set for 1am installs but manually installed it when it alerted me it had downloaded. I wasnā€™t connected to Wi-Fi or a charger.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
3.6.1 magically appeared yesterday.

I am wondering if someone suddenly realized that they forgot to release a giant batch of cars to get the update?

Now waiting to see when 3.6.2 makes it out to my Mach-E!

Jim

BudC

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Select RWD Star White Metallic
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
3.6.1 last night for my 2022 RWD Select, too. Slowly but surely.....

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
3.6.1 yesterday, and now 3.6.2 is queued for my regularly scheduled update time tonight! Mmmmmmm, gimme those sweet sweet OTAs

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Maybe Ford paid their AWS bills for the storage. Or someone realized the bucket policy was blocking everyone but the Dev Team.

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Std Range MME, Prius
Country flag
3.6.1 yesterday, and now 3.6.2 is queued for my regularly scheduled update time tonight! Mmmmmmm, gimme those sweet sweet OTAs

I wasn't fortunate enough to get 3.6.2 today, hopefully its coming soon though

bfleischer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV, 2015 Honda CRV
Occupation
Director - Information Systems
Country flag
Well the Ford gods heard my prayers and 4.1.2 just showed up randomly in the middle of running errands a few hours ago. Itā€™s better than I thougt itā€™d be. Definitely more responsive, so much better organized, more intuitive, the dial controls for seats, temp and fan are so much better than fumbling around with the UI while trying to drive. I like the extra space for CarPlay, and the camera short-cut. And I like that the CarPlay shortcut appears at the top if you navigate away from it. Exceeded expectationsā€¦ improves the carā€¦worth the wait. Thanks Ford gods!

dr__bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD, 2016 Fusion Energi Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As with a few others, 3.6.1 dropped for me yesterday. So I wasnā€™t forgotten after all. Fordā€™s logic still baffles meā€¦

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Yes, the Ford servers are definitely small and not able to handle the huge rollouts so it makes sense they are scheduled.

Unlike Apple's robust network of update servers, they really have the bandwidth to roll out much faster to more devices.

At my work we have so many devices on our network, we use 23 Apple caching servers to update our organization's MacOS, iOS, WatchOS and TVos devices.

These dedicated Apple servers on our WAN & LAN helps reduce the traffic & load on Apple's update servers.

Our users love it being able to update within our network at any time.
I understand slower rollouts, especially compared to apple. What I don't understand is how I get stuck on updates like 3.5.4 for over **two months**, meanwhile other non EA cars get 3.6.1, 3.6.2, 4.1.1, 4.1.2, and 4.1.3. what kind of system is that?

I'm sure we're all familiar with various tech companies rolling out software/firmware periodically, and many probably have even fewer resources than ford. TV's, audio/music equipment, smart home devices, computer components, etc... but I have literally never seen rollouts as convoluted as this.

Last edited:

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I understand slower rollouts, especially compared to apple. What I don't understand is how I get stuck on updates like 3.5.4 for over **two months**, meanwhile other non EA cars get 3.6.1, 3.6.2, 4.1.1, 4.1.2, and 4.1.3. what kind of system is that?

I'm sure we're all familiar with various tech companies rolling out software/firmware periodically, and many probably have even fewer resources than ford. TV's, audio/music equipment, smart home devices, computer components, etc... but I have literally never seen rollouts as convoluted as this.
I had the same issue when I first got my Lightning and had to call the OTA team to have it queued in their next rollout. Next day, got the update. Ever since, I am now an EA member and have gotten all the updates first.

Have you reached out to the OTA team and find out if yours is scheduled for an update ?

Seen some owners have issues due to modules that needed dealer service dept reprogramming/flashing.
Sponsored