Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)?

4.1.2 - Didja Get It Yet?

• Total voters

DaveP

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD iced white assistance pac
Occupation
Real estate advisor
Country flag
whats strange is that I got in the car and had the new UI with no notification of an update at all on app or sync. I got 4.11 couple days ago.
Sponsored

Nerwyn

First Name
Nerwyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Ford MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Wow! That sucks for them. I am currently waitlisted and was hoping to get into EA. Good to know that it may not have made too big of a difference.

My updates were regular once they started rolling them out for my MME. I had 4 updates in week, basically an update every alternate day; very happy.
Despite being in EA the only update I got at release was 3.6.1. I've been stuck there since. To even get past 2.7.4 I had to take it into the dealer. I've got an appointment scheduled for a week from now and if they can't get me unstuck again I'm screwed. I emailed Ford EA about this 3 weeks ago and they never responded after I gave them my VIN, even after emailing them again to ask if they had looked into it.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Well...4.1.1 showed up for me, just 4 days after 3.6.2 did! I will check it out soon. Curious when 4.1.2 and 4.1.3 show up!
After my drive today, and NOT during the normal scheduled time, even though I had a "your software is current message, my car just updated to 4.1.2! I just changed my vote!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I got another update today. Said something about WiFi connectivity improving.

FordPass is a little less descriptive...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)? Screenshot_20230202_195132_FordPass

Zap77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium; 2021 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Auditor
Country flag
I got another update today. Said something about WiFi connectivity improving.

FordPass is a little less descriptive...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)? Screenshot_20230202_195132_FordPass
Yes, 4.1.3

PXL_20230202_011742233.jpg

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Press the middle (settings) button at upper left. (Between the house and camera icons). The trunk button is upper right in the image of a parked car.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)? PXL_20230202_011742233
Why still no Frunk button? This would have been a good time to catch everyone up with that.

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
what can I do to get the 4.1.2 update to retry after a failure? It failed on the 31st but seems like it hasn't retried since then. Do I just need to drive it more?

"latestStatus": {
"aggregateStatus": "failure",
"detailedStatus": "OTAM_E1016",
"dateTimestamp": "2023-01-31T19:51:22.023+00:00"
},

jossebastian

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Select, Ford Fusion, Dodge Charger
Country flag
They’re not just clip art from the ‘90s, they’re public domain clip art from the ‘90s! 🤪🐩
It is an eye sore in dark mode. Quite jarring. They could use the same design language used for "Close" button.
And confusing. Home button is for Apps? The world has already converged to an icon for settings in all mobile devices and software. They could use that in lieu of switch button for settings.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Despite being in EA the only update I got at release was 3.6.1. I've been stuck there since. To even get past 2.7.4 I had to take it into the dealer. I've got an appointment scheduled for a week from now and if they can't get me unstuck again I'm screwed. I emailed Ford EA about this 3 weeks ago and they never responded after I gave them my VIN, even after emailing them again to ask if they had looked into it.
Yup, I am EA and still on 3.6.2 since Monday. EA does not seem to pertain to the most recent 4-5 updates.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Despite being in EA the only update I got at release was 3.6.1. I've been stuck there since
You’re only “stuck” if Ford has pushed updates to your car and they failed. If you’re in the same situation as countless others here then Ford has neglected to send your car any updates for reasons that even a magic 8-ball can’t discern.
Why still no Frunk button? This would have been a good time to catch everyone up with that
That would be cruel. “Here’s your Frunk button job 1 people! Good luck getting it to do anything!” The remote release for job 1 cars still hasn’t been pushed. Soon™* ;)

* aka Never™.

Last edited:

Greg-Car

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Press the middle (settings) button at upper left. (Between the house and camera icons). The trunk button is upper right in the image of a parked car.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)? PXL_20230202_011742233
Thank you! I have been to that screen many times and dismissed it as “driving modes”.

40Watts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge, Fusion Hybrid, GTPE Pending
Country flag
I received 4.1.2 the other day, and overall, I’m happy with it. I do have two beefs, though.

1. The new buttons, while helpful, are ugly and are stuck in light mode. I drive almost exclusively in dark mode, and the look is pretty distracting. The CarPlay button changes color with the display mode. Why don’t the three new ones?
2. CarPlay still has rounded corners. I understood that the corners were going to be squared off, but I guess not.

I’ve rebooted sync and my phone multiple times. My phone iOS is up to date. Both car batteries have been sufficiently charged. I even washed the car for some good juju, and nothing has changed. Unless there is some trick that I’m missing, I guess it is what it is. This is life until Ford fixes it or the new CarPlay is released.

If any of you wonderful people know anything that I can do to fix these annoying little issues (short of selling the car), feel free to shout it out.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Received this yesterday on my Job 1 FE. Like others I do not like the smaller tiles, but will have to get used to that.

The things I really dislike (in order):

1. The new icons in the upper left corner. They just look comical and out of place in dark mode. I would have preferred a clean looking minimalist icon that mimics the other ones in the minimal graphical icons in the original UI in driving mode theme color, e.g. Orange, Cyan or Blue. The new icons just look inconsistent and out of place with other elements.

2. Same comment as #1 for tile icons for music and nav.

3. Knob button graphic should use driving mode theme color like the updated volume icon slider did in the post RTM update.

4. I miss the scrolling menus that swept across the screen, but were difficult to control and had performance issues, but gave a sophisticated feel.

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
I received 4.1.2 the other day, and overall, I’m happy with it. I do have two beefs, though.

1. The new buttons, while helpful, are ugly and are stuck in light mode. I drive almost exclusively in dark mode, and the look is pretty distracting. The CarPlay button changes color with the display mode. Why don’t the three new ones?
2. CarPlay still has rounded corners. I understood that the corners were going to be squared off, but I guess not.

I’ve rebooted sync and my phone multiple times. My phone iOS is up to date. Both car batteries have been sufficiently charged. I even washed the car for some good juju, and nothing has changed. Unless there is some trick that I’m missing, I guess it is what it is. This is life until Ford fixes it or the new CarPlay is released.

If any of you wonderful people know anything that I can do to fix these annoying little issues (short of selling the car), feel free to shout it out.
pretty sure the rounded CarPlay corners are purely apple's decision.
Sponsored