Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)?

4.1.2 - Didja Get It Yet?

• Total voters

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Only thing I don't have on my '23 is the quick access to the camera on the top bar, so I'm guessing I've got 4.1.1? Or something like that since I can change temp/seat/fan with the volume knob and have the frunk/trunk button on the option screen but to get to the camera I still have to go through the options screen.
Interesting you would have something "in between"? Or you have a bug and don't see the camera?
Sponsored

67mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'67 Mustang, '14 SVT Raptor, '23 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Interesting you would have something "in between"? Or you have a bug and don't see the camera?
Maybe a bug if there's nothing inbetween?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)? image0

This is what I see though, no camera button up top but have the ability to adjust heat/seat/fan all with the volume knob still. Only way to get to the camera manually is pressing the options button and then it's there on the same screen with the drive modes.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Maybe a bug if there's nothing inbetween?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)? image0

This is what I see though, no camera button up top but have the ability to adjust heat/seat/fan all with the volume knob still. Only way to get to the camera manually is pressing the options button and then it's there on the same screen with the drive modes.
‘23s shipped without camera button on top

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
convos like this are what i mean when i say Ford was much much further behind the industry leader than they let on and marketed.

( in terms of tech, software, and ui )

They are however lightyears ahead when it comes to build quality and looks.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I’m in the “No and don’t care” group. Not much new that is usable for me. Using the knob to control stuff is really the only useful thing. I will probably use FDRS at the end of the month to update, but I am not sure it’s worth the time to update manually. 🤷‍♂️🐩

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
Mine is showing up on the Ford.com site source and my router is showing the car is pulling a lot of info down. So it shouldn't be much longer now.

[edit: received notification via the FordPass app that it's now installed.]

Last edited:

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There's no "caring" in OTA activity!
🤣
I really should have said I am fine waiting. That has a more positive spin. To be honest I am an old retired fart. I go out - I drive - everything works fine (even heat) - I do not need any updates. I will just have to learn how to operate with any of the changes. Now if something could be done for the 5 second issue or the looming HVBJB failure that would be awesome but those are hardware issues and noting can be done about them.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Rushed? This software has been in production cars for months.

Slow rollout does NOT equal less bugs.

A solid development methodology and strong QA at the development stage reduces bugs.

as an example, what bugs am I being protected from by not having a frunk button on a job1 21?
Slow, staggered rollout DOES equal smaller blast radius in the event that a problem is discovered, for example a compatibility issue (like custom data or different versions of hardware/firmware across cars). I understand something like this happened with 3.6.2.

And FWIW, I am eagerly waiting for 4.1.2. I want my camera button!

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
As for the 'slow' roll-out, an update for F150's showed up in FDRS and people thought "yay a new update"

What occurred when applying it is that it broke the headlights. Those who were quick to apply it were able to, with a little bit of trouble, roll the update back.

No doubt Ford releases an update and gives it a couple days and then sends it to more cars, and so on. If they blanket released something and it affected even 5% of vehicles, that's a HUGE problem. Now if it affects 5% of a 5% rollout, well that's a significantly smaller issue.

astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
Not in early access, 2022 Premium ER RWD, got 4.1.2 on January 14, 2023.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
So '23s will never get a camera button on top, or '23s shipped with an update that is not 4.1.2?
4.1.2 is not a software version, just a reference to an OTA update. I would think that 23s will get that OTA update at some point.
Sponsored