Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)?

4.1.2 - Didja Get It Yet?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
This is the problem I have with Ford. No shade at you or anyone else that has received this update prior to 2021 vehicles. How does it make sense to roll out new updates to newer clients and leave 2021 cars waiting? I don't understand how the older versions of the car aren't getting these updates atleast at the same time as 2022 vehicles. If anyone can make sense of that, I'd love to hear the reason why. I shouldn't have to be in an EA program to receive updates in a timely manner with everyone else.
Pffft dude, you donā€™t know the half. I bought a First Edition back in March 2021. Iā€™m in the EAP. And Iā€™m still stuck on 3.5.4. But Iā€™M SO HAPPY for all you guys ahead of me in line! ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
I hadn't gotten the update as of this morning so that's how I voted. After hooking up my Mongoose and running FDRS for a couple of hours, I was able to install all of the available updates for my MME which included the Sync updates. I love being able to take back a little bit of freedom from Ford and my local dealership!
:p
I bought a 2 day FDRS sub last weekend and no AIPM update was available for my 2021 GT. Frustrating that I couldn't even manually get it.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Hmm, I'm getting internal server error for OTA status now on the web page source code trick:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)? Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 3.42.01 PM

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
I voted no yesterday and today had to change my vote! heading out to work and noticed the new screen!. Actually pissed my wife of because we sat in the driveway while I checked it out!

Tony

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I voted no yesterday and today had to change my vote! heading out to work and noticed the new screen!. Actually pissed my wife of because we sat in the driveway while I checked it out!

Tony
OK, Ford, what gives? My account must not be under as much surveillance as these others! I voted that I had not received this update DAYS ago in this thread, and I did not get the update immediately after! There have been many posts like the one above, but not for me. (sigh)

I am looking forward to this UI change, especially the persistent camera button at the top. I'll TRY to wait more patiently; Ford has certainly trained us for patience and endurance for updates (not to mention the time between order and delivery). ;)

Alan

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Where are you seeing this in the code? I'm looking at NETWORK and under PREVIEW searching for OTA
You gotta refresh the page once you click on network tab

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Got the update (not EA), but don't see the trunk/frunk buttons on the top row. Is it something that can be configured, or my update is not fully done?

CherryBomb

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There are quite a few people, including the OP who are still on 3.5.4 with no updates having been pushed by Ford to their car for a couple of months now. The people on the forum whoā€™ve gotten the updates are a minority of MME owners at this point.
I received 3.5.4 on Jan 6th but nothing since.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Got the update (not EA), but don't see the trunk/frunk buttons on the top row. Is it something that can be configured, or my update is not fully done?
The frunk (non job 1 cars) and trunk buttons are located on the mode selection pictures (whisper, engage, unbridle) in the upper right corner. Press the settings icon.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
What if you don't want it? I like my big tiles!!!

I keep expecting to see the update "check mark" on my display, and a message in FP, but nope. Nothing. I thought being in EA meant earlier access, but the survey and my experience indicates maybe not. That's OK!

RobbertPatrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice White Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
The update is a great UI improvement! Love the extra use of the rotary dial.

Removing the useless the bar at the top made the CarPlay and Android Auto window larger, and that makes a subtle but relevant difference. Since the apps adapt to the size and the aspect ratio (shape), they show slightly different:

Google Maps on CarPlay improved, showing more detail and providing more forward view. That is because the car is centered to the right bottom, giving a glorious birdseye view forward.

Google Maps on Android Auto got worse because the opposite happened. The car is now centered in the middle above the destination window, which seriously reduces the lookahead. These is just silly programming bug related to how the program arranges windows depending on the window shape. Hopefully Google fixes this.

Apple Maps on CarPlay got slightly worse: it doesn't fully understand the huge screen size in the MME, and as a result auto-zooms in too much and shows too little detail. It leaves out even more fun decorations such as trees. It is also irritating that it stopped showing ETE and ETA, instead showing the barely useful charge level at destination..

Zooming and adjusting is better in Android Auto compared to Carplay because it supports pinch-to-zoom, which CarPlay doesn't. Having to hit + or - to zoom is just dumb. Otherwise, CarPlay is a better and more integrated experience overall.

Switching between wireless CarPlay and wireless Android Auto became much more reliable. It is still a clumsy operation that requires several clicks and one retry, but at least it works. PAAK is as unreliable as ever, which is probably cause by the crappy Bluetooth module.

Some old bugs still remain. For instance, this weird one where ENGAGE is the only drive mode. It fixed itself after restart:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)? DEE6A52A-F553-4D19-A9B9-559A3EE07252

Last edited:

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I was geeked up I saw I had an update ready for tonight. Couldnā€™t wait. Told it to just download now!!!

And, well crap. 3.6.2 was successfully downloaded ā€¦..

I yelled at the car & told her other people on the forum were getting 4.1.2. She said nothing in returnšŸ˜©šŸ˜©
Sponsored