Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)?

4.1.2 - Didja Get It Yet?

• Total voters

Zap77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium; 2021 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Auditor
Country flag
January 9th our Ford dealership spent a few hours installing a variety of updates (HVAC, several for battery management modules) but still on 3.6.x. Also worked with hotline support on a couple of known quirky items (occasionally stuck in Guest profile, This Trip not resetting every time).
Since then we have seen favorable increase in estimate and actual range for our standard battery. Prior to the update we were seeing 145 miles estimate at 85% charge since we've been in the colder winter weather. Now consistently 175+ at 85%. Actual range has been right on with the GOM.

On this Tuesday our MME finally received 4.1.1 overnight while plugged into our home charging station.
Then on Wednesday while my wife was running errands it updated to 4.1.2.

So far no longer getting stuck in Guest profile and This Trip has been resetting every time. Coincidentally or not it is a welcome change.
We're liking the updated UI.

That's all:)

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Still have the problem of being stuck in guest profile 50% of the time. Nothing I do gets me back into my profile.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I got 3.6.2 last night and this morning she has updated to 4.1.1 on its own. Basically two updates in less than 24hr period.
I hope 4.1.2 will happen soon.
2022 GT PE
EA - waitlisted
Ditto. Two updates in 24 hrs!!?? I have this image of a Ford Engineer coming in after hours, ā€œloadedā€ after memorializing the Lions season where they didnā€™t suck for like the 1st time since Wayne Fontes; and just smoking that ā€œSendā€ Button on the OTAā€™sšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
This. There will always be additional bugs once software hits a mass of users no matter how thorough the beta testing was. Limited rollouts to the general population (Early Access et. al.) allow for a pullback or some tweaking if needed. As well as lower stress on the servers.

Well, would you prefer to have remained on 3.6.1 longer? ;)

Seriously, hopefully the updates will start a steady stream of downloads to you soon. And to those who are still on 3.5.4
I got 3.6.2 on Thursday and 4.1.1 yesterday. In the past, you and I have gotten updates within a couple of days of each other, so I bet you get yours next week. I've not been paying much attention to the forums lately - does Ford still only do PowerUps M-F? I hope to enjoy my tiled CarPlay for the weekend with Nav in profile orientation before being stuck with landscape navigation (blah) next week. Maybe I'll try switching nav to North Always Up, which makes Landscape orientation correct at least part of the time.

cmsva1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G35
Country flag
Still have the problem of being stuck in guest profile 50% of the time. Nothing I do gets me back into my profile.
This happens to me as well. I reboot sync (scroll right/volume down) when this happens. It has always solved (at least temporarily) for me.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Another question about the new UI. It is a huge display, but I would like to see my google map and music at the same time, like a spit-screen. Android Auto. Any way to do that?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
In the past, you and I have gotten updates within a couple of days of each other, so
I have no idea how Ford sets their schedules for these updates. I used to follow @ChasingCoral by a week or two. Heā€™s still on 3.5.4 or so last I heard. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Maybe I'll try switching nav to North Always Up, which makes Landscape orientation correct at least part of the time.
Thatā€™s how I have my maps set up. Too much pilot in me still.

VindictivePantz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MACH-E Premium AWD w/ Ext. Battery
Country flag
After living with 4.1.2 for a couple of days, I like the UI, but have come across a pretty nasty bug.

1. I cannot set/change departure times in the car, and when I do so from the app, they do not reflect in the car (Android, for reference)
  2. I also cannot change charging settings for my home location in the car, nor are they reflected in the car when changed from the app. The good news is that what I have it set to is what continues to work, but if I need to change it for some reason, I cannot under existing circumstances.
For bug #1 within the vehicle, departure times are "on" but grayed out and I cannot make any changes (e.g. no edit icon, does not respond to a press, etc.)

This is an issue because of the cold weather that is coming back to the Chicago area, and I now have no way of preconditioning or warming-up the cabin.

For bug #2, there is no place in the UI within the vehicle to change it at all from what I can tell. This one could very well be an ID10T error on my part. For me, it's less critical right now, but for some it may be a big deal.

I am afraid to try the "remove your home location" trick since there's no way I can program it in the vehicle itself.

Hopefully, 4.2.3 for Android (whenever it comes out) helps - but the fact that for both scenarios I have no UI method of updating in the car, is concerning.
Bug #1 seems to be getting better (which does not make any sense,) but I basically (via the app) entered a departure time, pushed it, and then added a second and pushed it - and they both worked. I did another one earlier today and it worked. I forgot to check the UI if it now allowed in-car editing, but crossing fingers that at least the app side seems to be working.

I'll see if the UI is "unlocked" for both bugs later.

Nerwyn

First Name
Nerwyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Ford MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Another question about the new UI. It is a huge display, but I would like to see my google map and music at the same time, like a spit-screen. Android Auto. Any way to do that?
The Android Auto Coolwalk UI redesign has this. It should be releasing to all Android users this month. If you haven't received this update yet, try going into the Play Store app and updating Android Auto from there. If you still do not have it, unfortunately you'll have to wait for Google to enable the new UI for you remotely.

jkovacs

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE
Country flag
Iā€™ve had that happen to me a couple times. What I did to ā€œfixā€ it was add a new profile, then switch to it. After that, I was able to switch back to my profile and delete the temporary one.

bfleischer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV, 2015 Honda CRV
Occupation
Director - Information Systems
Country flag
Man, I canā€™t wait to get the new UI, 4.1.2! I got 4.1.1 on Jan 13 so figured Iā€™d get the new UI right after, but still waiting. Looking forward to the camera short-cut and dial functionality the most. Anyone else also paused at 4.1.1?

4TangledKites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Acura RDX
Country flag
I got 4.1.1 on Wednesday. I don't recall getting 3.6.1 or 3.6.2, but the car may have been updated by the dealer in December (I forget and I'm too lazy to dig out my paperwork).

On Friday afternoon I got into the car to drive home from work and I have the new UI. But I have yet to get any notice of an update. Car update screen is blank ("you are up to date"). Fordpass shows my last update as the 4.1.1 on 1/18. I saw someone else mention this. I hope this isn't a new bug which prevents future updates or something!

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
One thing I noticed today with the new layout is that you can press the seat heater button multiple times to adjust the lecel of heat between high, medium and low. This now even works if the car is in reverse which is a nice change from before.

dr__bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD, 2016 Fusion Energi Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This happens to me as well. I reboot sync (scroll right/volume down) when this happens. It has always solved (at least temporarily) for me.
Yeah, 3.5.4 also has this issue. I got stuck in guest and reboot to get back into my normal profile. Then, after the next stop/start, I had to reboot again, as again I was stuck in guest. Then I had to reboot once again, as the nav got stuck. 3 reboots in a matter of an hourā€¦. Great funā€¦. Oh, and Iā€™m still stuck on 3.5.4 since Nov 1.
Sponsored