Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)?

4.1.2 - Didja Get It Yet?

• Total voters

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
I really like it! Love the camera on the main screen and the dial for the seat heating!
I like how if you just touch the seat heat button it clicks it down one notch from level 3 extreme scorcher setting, to #2 just right setting.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hey guys, Power-Up 3.6.2 also made some enhancements to help while you’re out on a road trip. If you’re heading toward a DC fast charging station (using your vehicle’s navigation), your battery will now start to warm up within 20 miles of your destination. This allows the battery to accept a charge at a faster rate in cold weather when you have excess heater capacity, getting you back on the road. Remember, you must enter your fast charging station into the Navigation System in order for preheating to work.

Ford Power-Up software updates like this help us make improvements without the inconvenience of asking you to leave home. At Ford we value your satisfaction, and we respect your time.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Totally agree with you here. It also helps prevent crazy loads on their servers. This is why iOS has automatic updates but takes a month or two to actually run. Apple doesn't want all the devices to hit the server at the same time. Would be a nightmare.

Still waiting for 4.1.1 currently. I'm on 3.5.4 and don't see anything pending according to Ford. So waiting to see when my VIN is blessed with the rollout.
Yes, the Ford servers are definitely small and not able to handle the huge rollouts so it makes sense they are scheduled.

Unlike Apple's robust network of update servers, they really have the bandwidth to roll out much faster to more devices.

At my work we have so many devices on our network, we use 23 Apple caching servers to update our organization's MacOS, iOS, WatchOS and TVos devices.

These dedicated Apple servers on our WAN & LAN helps reduce the traffic & load on Apple's update servers.

Our users love it being able to update within our network at any time.

• Love
Reactions: x19

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
Hey guys, Power-Up 3.6.2 also made some enhancements to help while you’re out on a road trip. If you’re heading toward a DC fast charging station (using your vehicle’s navigation), your battery will now start to warm up within 20 miles of your destination. This allows the battery to accept a charge at a faster rate in cold weather when you have excess heater capacity, getting you back on the road. Remember, you must enter your fast charging station into the Navigation System in order for preheating to work.

Ford Power-Up software updates like this help us make improvements without the inconvenience of asking you to leave home. At Ford we value your satisfaction, and we respect your time.
This will be great, if I ever get 3.6.2. I haven't received an update since the end of October

LTC_HUGH

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, F150
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I thought I saw somewhere that cars sometimes got “stuck” on updates and if you took your car to a dealer and had them update the modules through FDRS, that would “unjam” whatever’s going on?
It will take them three weeks to get to it and then they'll have an excuse why they can't do it

Secret Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium RWD ER
Country flag
I've seen two "tried to install and failed" notices. The message in the app is "help us install your new Ford Power-Up" but it never says how I can actually do something to help except wait for another try. Any thoughts or theories?

x19

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2023 Premium AWD ER pending dealer order
Occupation
IT Engineer
Country flag

Does this work when using CarPlay? Or only the built in Nav?

jrkirkley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
while i do want feature updates i really would prefer they concentrate on bugs. if reworking the system is what it takes to kill bugs then do it or at the least put us on a hal that is easier to fix bugs.

EVinATL

First Name
Virginia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Does this work when using CarPlay? Or only the built in Nav?
No CarPlay, that's not supported to do that through CarPlay spec. It's not too much of a bother to use the vehicle nav when you're on route to a DCFC then just switch back to your CarPlay route.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I've seen two "tried to install and failed" notices. The message in the app is "help us install your new Ford Power-Up" but it never says how I can actually do something to help except wait for another try. Any thoughts or theories?
Try driving a bit, park outside where there is a clear view to an AT&T cell tower, and lock the car with your keyfob.

Make sure you take your phone and keyfob well away from your car for awhile.

Secret Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Secret Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Try driving a bit, park outside where there is a clear view to an AT&T cell tower, and lock the car with your keyfob.

Make sure you take your phone and keyfob well away from your car for awhile.
Our AT&T cell service is not great nor can I get line of sight to a cell tower, but updates have always pushed out successfully before, while the car was parked in the garage and with no other prep. The schedule of midnight assures that I'm not near the car with my key or phone. So that's why I'm scratching my head on why this one fails.
Sponsored