Vote below, How do you take care of your Mach-E?

• Total voters

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE in Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
PPF on front and mirror caps, with 5-year ceramic, installed by Authentic Detail in Austin TX area. Lucky to be able to garage it.

I think some of the ceramic is messed up in the front, as at last wash the water wasn't beading in a small part of the hood. Not blaming Authentic Detail, it might have been when I cleaned off some bird poop with Turtle Wax brand droppings/bug cleaning spray (I googled for advice and seemed ok). The shop is going to take a look as soon as I can get it over there.

Hand wash ever 2-3 weeks with a Meguiars waxless car soap, using different microfiber mitts for the body and then for the wheels. Just using my home hose with the typical yard nozzle, no special pressure washer or carwash nozzle. I'd love advice on this area; should I invest in some special tools?

This is the first time I've done all of this, and first time I've been able to garage a car. So I'm very happy with the experience so far. It's always relatively clean, especially compared to my wife's ICE car which is relegated to the driveway.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Poll - How do you take cosmetic care of your Mach-E? 20221217_160819
Sponsored

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
This really should be a multiple choice poll - I applied 3-in-1 ceramic coat in early spring, then washed it by hand until probably October, but it's too cold now and I use a $10 car wash after each show snow wave melts down.

I planned to reapply ceramic before the winter but missed the last warm days before it became too late for that.

Last edited:

BLUEPO

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mach-e-forum.de
Vehicles
2022.50 Job2 Mach-E GT PE, Grabber Blue Metallic
Occupation
_____Programme Manager Aircraft Reliability
Country flag
Two buckets method with detailing shampoo/foam on my ceramic coated Grabber Blue GTPE.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
PPF front and 1/3 hood. Hand wash and chamois dry regularly. Clay bar and wax twice per year. Tire dressing on the tire and cheap plastic Select exterior trim, when it's time to show off. Lol

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Ceramic and home wash only. Seen too many stories of people losing the charging port door cover and that front battery cover.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I use power washer with griot’s garage foaming cannon and then turtle wax ceramic hybrid solutions. About to apply our leftover Adam’s advanced graphene ceramic that worked great on our son’s black WRX.

Btw, the pic in the thread title photo is our 4X getting a foam cannon wash.

edit: when’s it’s really dirty but we need to wash it quick, we’ll run it through one of the two local touchless washes and then I’ll use detail spray to touch up later. It’s actually dirty in the photo below but just dig what space white does in sunset conditions.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Poll - How do you take cosmetic care of your Mach-E? 68B3B0BC-8552-4DB9-B251-4E1910A10329

Last edited:

Dave-O

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Odyssey
Occupation
Fuel hauler
Country flag
Bought a pressure washer from Tesmanian, a Chemical Guys car wash bucket kit, a decent foam cannon from Amazon, and some Adam's Mega Foam so I can keep her clean when the weather warms up out here.

I'm considering doing the Adam's Graphene coating to help with that, but from what I hear, all these coatings need to be maintained ('the coating can get clogged') and it seems like it's not really saving you any work or time, just getting you to spend even more money. If it really did make it easier to wash the car, I'd totally do it.

I may see what I can do to protect the glass (headlights, windshield, roof) since those are expensive to replace. Don't see much point in protecting the paint ... you're just paying up front for a paint correction, IMO.
which foam cannon did you buy?? I don’t want to spend $100+ for a piece of plastic lol.

Sagacant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
For those that opted for the “partial hood” PPF, is it noticeable? Like can I see a distinctive horizontal line on my hood? It’s way cheaper to do a partial front PPF but I’m worried how it would look

kkriskal

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
For the last 12 years (6 vehicles), ceramic only. I've had Ceramic Pro 9H professionally applied to every one. I've never polished or waxed. Two had over 120K miles when sold and paint looked like new. I wash them at home with a pressure washer then blow dry. No need to touch the car. If very dirty, I will use a foam canon and microfiber mitt. I use CarPro products.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Poll - How do you take cosmetic care of your Mach-E? 68B3B0BC-8552-4DB9-B251-4E1910A10329

Where did you get the mudflaps?