POLL: What New Features Do You Want the Most?

What New Features Do You Want the Most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I read through numerous threads and compiled a list of 21 new feature requests. I tried to be as comprehensive as possible. I did not include a few that seemed too rando/weird or that I just flat out didn’t understand.

I have placed all 21 in a poll. Now here is the trick: YOU GET TO PICK SEVEN. Not eight, not nine. Ten is right out. The number shall be SEVEN.

Let’s see what the most popular requests really are!

Oh, and if you think I left something out, let me know below. I will probably do a reformulated poll at some point in the future which cuts the less popular items and adds some new requests to see how they fare.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I’m going to need more than 17 votes to make this a scientific survey.... but so far the results are very interesting!

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Wow the display charging status is winning pretty hard.
The DC fast charging beyond 80% I do not see much changing there but that more of a limitation to protect the battery but they could ramp it down a little more smoothly.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Can we please have an “other” category. I would like voice commands to control more systems and preconditioning to be set to a cabin temperature (72 degrees, for example), not hot, medium, or cold.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Really wish I could use the controls on the steering wheel to control the whole screen. Almost like a kid playing a video game. Can go in and out of each menu and adjust and exit out back to the main menu. Would be a great option.

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
The auto-tilt mirrors are probably possible with an ODBC-II programmer, as they are on pretty much every other Ford in existence.

The last Ford I had with this as a user-facing option my my 2001 Continental, though. It's a really, really nice and useful feature.

I also voted for easier access to the cameras, because I used them all the time with the previous Explorer. Honestly, I'm not using them much with the small size of the MME.

An option I'd really like to see, though, is easier access to the liftgate control. Once the car is off and the door is open, there's no more access to the three-level-deep menu option on the screen, and the dorky waving one's foot under the bump only works about half the time for me.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
The auto-tilt mirrors are probably possible with an ODBC-II programmer, as they are on pretty much every other Ford in existence.

The last Ford I had with this as a user-facing option my my 2001 Continental, though. It's a really, really nice and useful feature.

I also voted for easier access to the cameras, because I used them all the time with the previous Explorer. Honestly, I'm not using them much with the small size of the MME.

An option I'd really like to see, though, is easier access to the liftgate control. Once the car is off and the door is open, there's no more access to the three-level-deep menu option on the screen, and the dorky waving one's foot under the bump only works about half the time for me.
There is a button above the license plate on the door

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
@Mirak you need to add one more: put a fan control in the environmental control setup - there's space for it on the right hand side. I prefer to set my enviro controls myself instead of the "auto" randomly picking how much air comes out of where. To do that I have to go into 2 different widgets (the fan for the fan speed and the environmental controls for the rest).

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
The lack of a shortcut to the 360 camera seems like such an oversight. What is the point of having those predictive "tiles" on the infotainment screen if it doesn't give me any actual useful shortcuts? Instead I have AM radio (never used). Just slap on a shortcut to the camera in one of those tiles- done!

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
The lack of a shortcut to the 360 camera seems like such an oversight. What is the point of having those predictive "tiles" on the infotainment screen if it doesn't give me any actual useful shortcuts? Instead I have AM radio (never used). Just slap on a shortcut to the camera in one of those tiles- done!
BTW, you can "throw away" tiles you don't want in the row of tiles by dragging them down off the screen. So if you don't want the radio tile, just drag it down and it's gone. You can also drag up instead of tapping to switch the main big screen.

Dylancch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Really wish I could use the controls on the steering wheel to control the whole screen. Almost like a kid playing a video game. Can go in and out of each menu and adjust and exit out back to the main menu. Would be a great option.
Go buy a tesla then lol
Sponsored