POLL: What New Features Do You Want the Most?

What New Features Do You Want the Most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dylancch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I really hope ford engineers take costumer imput seriously.
Sponsored

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Surprised to see how popular showing the charging stage on infotainment screen is - what's the allure? Are people sitting in their cars while it charges? The few times I've used chargers away from home, it's been at a mall or shopping center. I can see real time on my phone (on fordpass when it's working, or else on the electrify america app) what the charging state is while I'm inside shopping.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
68 votes so far. This poll is starting to collect some really good data as to the features we are most interested in.
It's missing some improvements I'd like to see. Votes here would only be representative of relative interests in the features chosen for this poll.

I suppose with enough votes, assuming everyone followed your voting rules, it is still "good data," just not fully representative.

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Surprised to see how popular showing the charging stage on infotainment screen is - what's the allure? Are people sitting in their cars while it charges? The few times I've used chargers away from home, it's been at a mall or shopping center. I can see real time on my phone (on fordpass when it's working, or else on the electrify america app) what the charging state is while I'm inside shopping.
I suppose when charging out and about and there is nowhere to really go when charging, it would be nice to just glance up at the screen to see progress instead of checking an app every so often. More so a quality of life improvement than a real need.

Dylancch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Its to trouble shoot, or find charges that are faster than others. I just like knowing

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
BTW, you can "throw away" tiles you don't want in the row of tiles by dragging them down off the screen. So if you don't want the radio tile, just drag it down and it's gone. You can also drag up instead of tapping to switch the main big screen.
The tiles reappear sometimes though. I never listen to the radio but there's the radio tile showing up even after swiping.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
thank you. interesting to see what others think are important options and features to them. it will be interesting to see if Ford does any of the requested "upgrades" through OTA. Some look fairly easy to program. BUT already see the complaints of why they changed this and not that when this was not broken. lol

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It's missing some improvements I'd like to see. Votes here would only be representative of relative interests in the features chosen for this poll.

I suppose with enough votes, assuming everyone followed your voting rules, it is still "good data," just not fully representative.
Doing the best I can. It was tough to collect all feature requests from dozens of threads, some of this stuff may be being mentioned for the very first time, and some requests (more voice commands, etc.) just aren't specific enough. These features have to be specific enough to actually help the engineers.

As I mentioned, I will run a revised poll that adds some new choices. But you have to draw the line somewhere. You cannot let perfect be the enemy of the good. As it stands, the current poll already provides very useful information as to hot feature requests.

So far, I have five poll additions from this thread....
- Add ability to open frunk from outside the car (perhaps in app)
- Allow cabin preconditioning to be set to specific temp as opposed to hot, medium, cold (did not even know this was a limitation)
- Use controls on steering wheel to control entire infotainment screen (this seems needlessly complex and contradictory to having a touch screen, but I'll add it)
- Add fan speed to the environmental control page
- Add home screen button to engage calm screen

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
There is a button above the license plate on the door
I'll have to look again, as every other Ford I've owned in the last decade did have a button. Of course, it also had a button I could hit from inside the vehicle so that the liftgate would already be open when I get there, assuming I'm not just opening it so the Meijer dude can put in my groceries.

Also through the app, and the fob
The fob's at home, and the steps to using the app are, pick up phone out of my pocket, unlock phone, swipe to the correct screen, wait for the app to load, wait for the Bluetooth to connect, and then open the liftgate. If I want to do this from inside of my house for some stupid reason, then, swell. But if I'm traversing the two point five meters from my seat to the liftgate, then that solution is pretty stupid, versus, you know, a physical button that's present in every other Ford.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
“One tap manual access to, or smarter automatic, front and 360 cams when parking”

YASSSSSS!!!

I tell ya, driving forward, at speed, on a street or highway, I feel like a king. Driving slow, in a parking lot, or in reverse, I am quite certain that I am about to hit something. Pressing the |P| button on the console should immediately bring up the camera, in addition to the self-parking menus. (Or hell. Let’s be honest - I will never use the self-parking; just give me the cameras!)

I would also like to see a button added to the home screen to turn calm screen on.
I nominate putting that button on the top right, opposite the Car menu and next to the Profile menu.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Heads Up Display (HUD) - really can't believe we do not have it now as other Ford products do.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
It'd be incredibly useful. More control over charging in general would be great - for instance, setting max charge current.
And viewing the current charge rate in kW is great for diagnosing problems with your charger, and for those of us who want to know. It's in the same vein as showing regen vs discharge rate when driving.

Plus, this information clearly is already known to the car. That's how it calculates time to finish charging. It'd be simple to make it visible.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I read through numerous threads and compiled a list of 21 new feature requests. I tried to be as comprehensive as possible. I did not include a few that seemed too rando/weird or that I just flat out didn’t understand.

I have placed all 21 in a poll. Now here is the trick: YOU GET TO PICK SEVEN. Not eight, not nine. Ten is right out. The number shall be SEVEN.

Let’s see what the most popular requests really are!

Oh, and if you think I left something out, let me know below. I will probably do a reformulated poll at some point in the future which cuts the less popular items and adds some new requests to see how they fare.
Nice idea, and nice thread. I would like to see this stickied somewhere so hopefully it gets picked up by Ford engineers and product designers.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
I do not see a request for the fix of the weird charging curve - if my MME has max of 115 kWh charging speed and I use 150 kWh charging station, I would like to see stable charging curve until at least 90% of the battery - current 80% limitation is just ridiculous. And the curve should be more or less stable - what is the point to have max charging numbers if it is only used for 2 minutes or so? l am not sure how Ford tested it - I suspect they didn't test it at all because the curve is just laughable...
Sponsored

Last edited: