Poll: Who Will Need a Trailer Hitch for MME?

Who will need a trailer hitch for their MME?

• Total voters

su-ch+mache

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford-suv-freunde.com
Vehicles
Escape MY17, Puma MY20, Mach E MY22 AWD ER TP2
Occupation
retired buyer
Country flag
well the hitch @21st Century Pony is using is approved by Ford EU.
I have the same and the Ford Logo is on mine, the whole system is removeable. Using the Brink towbar you should have no reason to be concerned.
Sponsored

valfam

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JK and a WKII both gone :-( Now 23 MMEP Sta
Occupation
network admin
Country flag
well the hitch @21st Century Pony is using is approved by Ford EU.
I have the same and the Ford Logo is on mine, the whole system is removeable. Using the Brink towbar you should have no reason to be concerned.
Yes its approved by Ford for use in the EU. I would think if it was approved by Ford for the US market we would be able to get it pre installed on our cars or buy it from Ford and install it ourselves. My thought is, we hear others here fighting with Ford to pay for repairs on a brand new unmodified car imagine if you were to modify the car and use it in an way that Ford has not approved. I'm just being extremely cautious.

su-ch+mache

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford-suv-freunde.com
Vehicles
Escape MY17, Puma MY20, Mach E MY22 AWD ER TP2
Occupation
retired buyer
Country flag
I do understand your concern but don't we have the same car? I mean body, axles etc.
Ford did approve the towbar, at least the one by Brink.
and believe me, the German TÜV is very picky about it and so are the authorities if something unauthorized is installed on the vehicle

Ford dealers in the EU have to install the towbar after they have received thr MME from the carrier. They order the set directly from Brink not from Ford.

for myself I have a 1.3 ton trailer, 350 kg own weight, and 950 kg of payload. For my Escape back then no problem. However with the MME I have to make sure that the payload does not exceed the total weight of 1 ton. So far no issues what so ever.

valfam

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JK and a WKII both gone :-( Now 23 MMEP Sta
Occupation
network admin
Country flag
I do understand your concern but don't we have the same car? I mean body, axles etc.
Ford did approve the towbar, at least the one by Brink.
and believe me, the German TÜV is very picky about it and so are the authorities if something unauthorized is installed on the vehicle

Ford dealers in the EU have to install the towbar after they have received thr MME from the carrier. They order the set directly from Brink not from Ford.

for myself I have a 1.3 ton trailer, 350 kg own weight, and 950 kg of payload. For my Escape back then no problem. However with the MME I have to make sure that the payload does not exceed the total weight of 1 ton. So far no issues what so ever.
I totally agree common sense will say they are the same car, but the dealers and manufacturer do not have common sense. If they offer a hitch in Europe why don't they have tow hitch option in the US? For whatever reason they dont want the us version of the car to be used for towing. Is the EU hitch dot approved for use in the US?
Please don't take it the wrong way, I'm not arguing or saying you can't tow with the car my way of thinking is, if you can have 5 people in the car loaded with stuff it's the same thing as towing a trailer. I hope Ford will come up with a hitch and trailer lights solution. An suv without provision to easily mount a roof rack and no hitch come on...
Sponsored