Poll: Who Will Need a Trailer Hitch for MME?

Who will need a trailer hitch for their MME?

• Total voters

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just need a receiver for my bike rack. I have no desire to tow anything.
I would not mind being able to tow a kayak trailer, could avoid the need for a roof rack option if I could tow a small boat trailer.

Reian

First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Occupation
Disaster Manager
Country flag
I'm trying to find out which EV can have a bar on the back that is Class 2 at least for a motorized wheelchair and it has been near impossible with how everyone has written the manuals. I'm thinking the MME might be my best bet due to how it is set up in EU.

Mockstang

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER, 1967 V8 4bbl
Occupation
Pro
Neither my Honda Ridgeline nor a Mach-E can tow my 6500# boat so I will continue to not own a trailer. Looks like that Lighting F-150 can though so I might need one of those.

karioka

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Route 1
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
A hitch for a bicycle rack would be nice but will not tow anything. Roof bars would also be nice.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE4X Prem, 2020 GRSupra, 2016 Corvette Z51
Country flag
There is a custom hitch manufacturer near Atlanta that is considering creating a trailer hitch for the MME. They are interested, but question what the demand might be. I thought this poll might help them gauge the interest level.
Not sure if they are still interested but I would like a Class 2 hitch with 1.25" opening since it will be slimmer profile & lighter just for my bike rack. Haven't seen any class 2 available. Also feel free to DM me and I can contact manufacturer myself. Thanks!

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Like most of the replies here, I need the tow hitch for a bike rack.

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag

valfam

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JK and a WKII both gone :-( Now 23 MMEP Sta
Occupation
network admin
Country flag
I definitely need a hitch. I have a small trailer that I use to carry garage stuff or project stuff and garden stuff. I'm always working on some project, like sodding the yard and carrying sod or soil or a fee sheets of drywall or plywood. Before I buy a car the first thing I look for if I can get a hitch for it, I usually only buy the oem factory option with wiring harness to I don't want some aftermarket thing to fry the car.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I definitely need a hitch. I have a small trailer that I use to carry garage stuff or project stuff and garden stuff. I'm always working on some project, like sodding the yard and carrying sod or soil or a fee sheets of drywall or plywood. Before I buy a car the first thing I look for if I can get a hitch for it, I usually only buy the oem factory option with wiring harness to I don't want some aftermarket thing to fry the car.
I understand and also prefer the OEM option.

Here's my thread... 4,700 miles towing this teardrop so far, from Western Colorado to Maine, more to come. Enjoy!
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...0-miles-through-snow-in-january-2024-d.33476/

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Hitch and install by Uhaul for under $300, can't remember for sure, I didn't get the wiring.

PXL_20240308_215524621.jpg

steve.panse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
Draw Tite Hidden Hitch part #76919. The receiver is removable from the hitch so it’s completely invisible when not in use.

valfam

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JK and a WKII both gone :-( Now 23 MMEP Sta
Occupation
network admin
Country flag
I understand and also prefer the OEM option.

Here's my thread... 4,700 miles towing this teardrop so far, from Western Colorado to Maine, more to come. Enjoy!
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...0-miles-through-snow-in-january-2024-d.33476/
I'm just concerned that ford will say that I damaged xyz cause I overloaded xyz cause I was towing and this car is not approved for towing. When I bought my mme I had a grand cherokee summit too and I was planning on keeping it but the more I got used to driving the mme the more having a ice car bothered me so I sold it and then I ran into no hitch problem.
Sponsored