Poor rollout of Ford Options

Moogly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Ford has done a terrible job with the rollout of Ford Options. My dealer did not even know about it in spite of being one of the largest dealerships in the region. They are reaching out to Ford to find out it. I am surprised that Ford has done such a terrible job with it.
Sponsored

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
Ford has done a terrible job with the rollout of Ford Options. My dealer did not even know about it in spite of being one of the largest dealerships in the region. They are reaching out to Ford to find out it. I am surprised that Ford has done such a terrible job with it.
What dealership? I know its too late to change but Fox Ford in Chicago didn't know about it but was able to get my issue resolved in a few hours

drwhipps

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Country flag
I asked my dealer about Options ahead of time as others have had issues. When I went in to pick my Mach-E up yesterday, neither the sales manager or the Finance Manager was aware. All in all I spent about 5.5 hours at the dealer while they learned. I was their first Mach-E customer. Not really complaining, but it was not my favorite experience - a long day. They said the Ford Credit folks they were working with were not aware of Options (either) and the computer system had issues as well. One thing I would recommend is folks do their homework before heading in. I was never given the opportunity to discuss other Financing options, but had already decided on Options. The dealer also had no idea about the Active Drive Assist $100 incentive and were not really believing it was real. I thought this was funny as they had a Ford guy doing F150 training and he mentioned it this in the training. Again, a long day but hopefully my dealer will be ready the next time. I know the Finance Manager was happy to see me go.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I asked my dealer about Options ahead of time as others have had issues. When I went in to pick my Mach-E up yesterday, neither the sales manager or the Finance Manager was aware. All in all I spent about 5.5 hours at the dealer while they learned. I was their first Mach-E customer. Not really complaining, but it was not my favorite experience - a long day. They said the Ford Credit folks they were working with were not aware of Options (either) and the computer system had issues as well. One thing I would recommend is folks do their homework before heading in. I was never given the opportunity to discuss other Financing options, but had already decided on Options. The dealer also had no idea about the Active Drive Assist $100 incentive and were not really believing it was real. I thought this was funny as they had a Ford guy doing F150 training and he mentioned it this in the training. Again, a long day but hopefully my dealer will be ready the next time. I know the Finance Manager was happy to see me go.
The Active Drive assist is in the computer system they use, I gave them the internal number from the forum and they were able to find it. In terms of options my dealer was clueless too, I showed them the dealer paperwork for the options which they thanked me for. However I just went with straight finance at 0.9 even with the fact the math works better for options. I just don't wan't to deal with it later on. The different was not enough to make it worth later for me. If you return it or sell it, the math should be about the same.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
My dealer has "called Ford" again and again and still can't get it right, keeps quoting the wrong residual and the wrong interest rate. Initially claimed there was no such thing, then quoted the wrong program, and now just seems utterly confused.

I'm probably going to end up financing it outright instead of using Options simply to get the darn car home.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
My dealer has "called Ford" again and again and still can't get it right, keeps quoting the wrong residual and the wrong interest rate. Initially claimed there was no such thing, then quoted the wrong program, and now just seems utterly confused.

I'm probably going to end up financing it outright instead of using Options simply to get the darn car home.
If you want I can try to help. DM me if you want. What dealer are you working with (where are they too)? I can have folks on my side try to help.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Talk to your dealers before going in. They will find the eContracting guide, handbook and fact sheet very helpful. If you are interested in Options and your dealer does not know about Options then give them the information below:

Ford Options info is located here on FMC Dealer:
FMCDealer » Finance (tab) » Consumer Finance Programs (left side menu) » Ford Options

Ford Options Rates
Announcement #: FDCI-25606
Program #: 21220

Ford Options Bonus Cash
Announcement #: FDCI-25700
Program #: 13896

$100 ADA Customer Bonus Cash
Announcement #: FDCI-25841C
Program #: 13924

Last edited:

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hybrid2bev your help was invaluable. Had you not posted this info earlier in the forum, I would probably still be at the dealer. I should have mentioned in my post that I showed them this to get them started.
The Forum has been invaluable period and thanks to all the folks who have been contributing valuable information. Was a pro by the time I walked into the dealer and even now with the issues I am dealing with there is still help.

You all know who you are, again thank you!!!!!

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh I hate those and end of the year reviews

"Do not blow something up"
"I didn't blow a lot of stuff up"
Agreed.
First half of 2021: clean up messes from 2020
Second half of 2021: make new messes to clean up in 2022

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sooo .... just out of caution I reached out to my local Ford dealer to make sure their Finance guys were familiar with Ford Options. I was told:

"I just checked and there are not currently any incentives for here in Northern California. Rebates and incentives will vary throughout the country so if you are on a message board or forum they could be from someplace else. The rebates and incentives are done by zip code based on where you are registering the vehicle. The interest rates we have are below.

0.9% for 48 Months
1.9% for 60 Months
3.9% for 72 Months

Thank you"

So I shot back that I put in my zip code on Ford.com and ran numbers through Ford Options calculator and sent him a screenshot. Then I gave the dealer the document #s @hybrid2bev has provided for them to reference and get caught up on Options before my car comes in the next week or so.

I swear, these guys are killin me!

TLDR: If you plan on using Options, better reach out well in advance to make sure your dealer knows how to use the program.
Sponsored