Port Richmond 2 Month Delay

Emi_Z14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
This is an honest question, does anyone know if you can contact the people who deal with shipment of vehicle to the dealership? I ordered my car back in late August and it was built and shipped. It was shipped to Port Richmond in California and has been sitting at the port since December 24, 2022. It has been delayed about 5 times already, it just got delayed another week after it said it was going to be delivered between 2/14-2/20. I am very frustrated because I am currently a 2 hour drive from picking it myself but supposedly, according to the dealership, you can not do that... I just want answers to the reason why it has been delayed so much because it seems that the dealership doesn't understand either, at this point I am really considering getting another car.

Waiting on a Premium (RWD) Grabber Blue, Standard Range
Sponsored

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Yours came by ship ?
I thought they were shipped on rail thru KC, MO ?

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
No. I meant it was shipped on rail cart and delivered to Port Richmond. My dealer told me it’s been in Port Richmond since Dec. 24
It’s near San Francisco.
Wow, mine is still in Mexico the past 2 months so I guess you are luckier than me.

As for the delay, there might be an internal recall that will hold your vehicle at the depot or lot until a Ford tech comes to replace parts.

Ask your dealer to inquire about the status on VVR or VIN View.

From what I understand, it's common for vehicles to wait for parts replacements.

Last summer, the Ford Lightnings were all held for over 2 months at rail depots waiting for half drive motor splines.

spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
This is an honest question, does anyone know if you can contact the people who deal with shipment of vehicle to the dealership? I ordered my car back in late August and it was built and shipped. It was shipped to Port Richmond in California and has been sitting at the port since December 24, 2022. It has been delayed about 5 times already, it just got delayed another week after it said it was going to be delivered between 2/14-2/20. I am very frustrated because I am currently a 2 hour drive from picking it myself but supposedly, according to the dealership, you can not do that... I just want answers to the reason why it has been delayed so much because it seems that the dealership doesn't understand either, at this point I am really considering getting another car.

Waiting on a Premium (RWD) Grabber Blue, Standard Range
Which dealer, if you don't mind me asking?

Mine was in Port Richmond for 3 weeks before it made it to the dealer. It seems like you're at the mercy of the truck drivers delivering to the dealer. My dealer (Morgan Hill) had ~100 outstanding orders sitting in Richmond at the time my car was added to the pile. The dealer mentioned that they mark all of their pre-ordered vehicles "hot orders", so might be worth checking with your sales person if they can do that to your vehicle.

OP
OP

Emi_Z14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Which dealer, if you don't mind me asking?

Mine was in Port Richmond for 3 weeks before it made it to the dealer. It seems like you're at the mercy of the truck drivers delivering to the dealer. My dealer (Morgan Hill) had ~100 outstanding orders sitting in Richmond at the time my car was added to the pile. The dealer mentioned that they mark all of their pre-ordered vehicles "hot orders", so might be worth checking with your sales person if they can do that to your vehicle.
My dealer is Morgan Hill as well.
Sponsored