Portions of Touchscreen not responding

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Picked up my MME FE today in the Chicago area and have to say that I am quite in love with this vehicle. It is gorgeous and a blast to drive. I had no problems with getting most of it setup so far and it is running great. The only problem I would say that we have run into is kind of an odd one that I have not seen mentioned anywhere else, unless I missed it. My wife and I were riding home after picking up some dinner tonight and were trying to get the heat set up. We got the temperatures set where we wanted them and she turned on her seat heater, but then, when we went to adjust some of the temperature controls once it had warmed up, a good portion of the touchscreen had frozen up. We were able to swipe through some of the things on the screen, but we could not actually press/click on pretty much anything, so we had to drive home with the seat warmers blazing hot and could not seem to control anything really. I tried pulling off the road and turning the car off, then restarting the car, but that did not help, so we just continued on the next 5 minutes to get home. Once home, I turned off the car and we headed into the house for a few minutes while I looked up how to reset the touchscreen. I discovered that you could reset the screen by pressing the volume down and the right arrow on the steering wheel and went back outside to try that. When I got out there to try it and turned the car on, everything started working again before I could try resetting the screen.

Has anyone else seen something like this happen and is there somewhere I should report an issue like this?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Portions of Touchscreen not responding 20210305_124716
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Picked up my MME FE today in the Chicago area and have to say that I am quite in love with this vehicle. It is gorgeous and a blast to drive. I had no problems with getting most of it setup so far and it is running great. The only problem I would say that we have run into is kind of an odd one that I have not seen mentioned anywhere else, unless I missed it. My wife and I were riding home after picking up some dinner tonight and were trying to get the heat set up. We got the temperatures set where we wanted them and she turned on her seat heater, but then, when we went to adjust some of the temperature controls once it had warmed up, a good portion of the touchscreen had frozen up. We were able to swipe through some of the things on the screen, but we could not actually press/click on pretty much anything, so we had to drive home with the seat warmers blazing hot and could not seem to control anything really. I tried pulling off the road and turning the car off, then restarting the car, but that did not help, so we just continued on the next 5 minutes to get home. Once home, I turned off the car and we headed into the house for a few minutes while I looked up how to reset the touchscreen. I discovered that you could reset the screen by pressing the volume down and the right arrow on the steering wheel and went back outside to try that. When I got out there to try it and turned the car on, everything started working again before I could try resetting the screen.

Has anyone else seen something like this happen and is there somewhere I should report an issue like this?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Portions of Touchscreen not responding 20210305_124716
There's a place within the touch screen menus to report exactly this sort of feedback.

OP
OP
bellyer

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
There's a place within the touch screen menus to report exactly this sort of feedback.
Thanks, I will have to look for that tomorrow. Although, it would be great to not have to type the issue out on the screen.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks, I will have to look for that tomorrow. Although, it would be great to not have to type the issue out on the screen.
When you find the feedback option, let us know how hard it is to use.

I don't have a Mach-E yet. But others posted the feedback screen on the forum and it looked like you just drill into canned menus of common issues.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The more and faster you use the screen, seems the more it glitches. Just like a wonky phone or computer. Technology still has its limits. Probably not enough memory to keep up unfortuantly. A common problem in first model year runs lately I've noticed.
Sponsored