Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
We've had really crappy weather since I got my Rapid Red Route 1 in mid February, so I haven't generally gone places where there are a lot of people. I have driven to work, gone for takeout, and generally driven "to nowhere" just for the fun of it but mostly at night. Up until today I haven't gotten comments/had conversations about the car other than the neighbor.

That changed today when I drove down to Ocean City to go to an open house because, well, why not? I ended up having 3 people ask me about the car there, and as I was getting in even had a guy in a pickup stop in the middle of the road going the opposite direction to ask me about it. At the rest stop on the AC expressway the guy that pulled in behind me asked me what my car was and how sharp it looked. On the expressway itself I even saw a guy in the passenger seat of an SUV taking pictures/video from behind and then as they passed me.

Kind of made my day.
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
We've had really crappy weather since I got my Rapid Red Route 1 in mid February, so I haven't generally gone places where there are a lot of people. I have driven to work, gone for takeout, and generally driven "to nowhere" just for the fun of it but mostly at night. Up until today I haven't gotten comments/had conversations about the car other than the neighbor.

That changed today when I drove down to Ocean City to go to an open house because, well, why not? I ended up having 3 people ask me about the car there, and as I was getting in even had a guy in a pickup stop in the middle of the road going the opposite direction to ask me about it. At the rest stop on the AC expressway the guy that pulled in behind me asked me what my car was and how sharp it looked. On the expressway itself I even saw a guy in the passenger seat of an SUV taking pictures/video from behind and then as they passed me.

Kind of made my day.
Same here, haven't gone far due to the weather and my dealer having my MME for half of my ownership. I am planning a Point Pleasant drive with my Dad the following week. Have to get my EZ-pass setup for my MME. Weather is looking to start breaking soon too!

Not many folks so far Central Jersey have asked me much but I have seen some looks on the highway.

Fun times!!

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Same here, haven't gone far due to the weather and my dealer having my MME for half of my ownership. I am planning a Point Pleasant drive with my Dad the following week. Have to get my EZ-pass setup for my MME. Weather is looking to start breaking soon too!

Not many folks so far Central Jersey have asked me much but I have seen some looks on the highway.

Fun times!!
FYI, the EZPASS transponder works fine if you put it in the middle of the black area to the right of the rear view mirror. Unfortunately when that "windshield blocks the transponders" thread came out I immediately called EZPASS to get a license plate transponder (I drive the NJTP on my way to work); turns out that was premature.

I got some of the plastic velcro-like stuff at lowes for $4.

N2bonz54

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium 2WD Extended Range
Occupation
Physician
Country flag

Kind of made my day.

Kind of made my day.
I had a similar experience. Mustang GT was passing me on the freeway when I noticed the passenger was shooting a video as they passed me by slowly. YAY! Then a Ford F-150 pulled up beside me on the freeway. When I looked over the driver smiled and gave me a nod of his head. I flashed a thumbs up back. It certainly does make your day....

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
From the other side of the coin, I saw my first Mach E in the wild on my drive from Eugene to SF on Thursday, on a total random stretch of I505 between I5 and I80. Didn't try to get the drivers attention or anything, but it was in my future color of Carbonized Gray, so it was cool to see!

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I have had way more good than bad. Case in point, today at the grocery store, Guy had a 2019 Saleen, supercharged. Came up to me and we talked for 10 mins. He wanted to take pics, and was all about my FE. We both oogled at each others cars in the parking lot of the grocery store. Damn his car sounded good taking off.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Today at the mass vaccine site manned by hundreds of national guard in the DC suburbs, I was approached by at least 20 separate national guard troops to ask me about the Mach E/Mustang. Every one of them was positive, although one said at first he was a doubter about the Mustang tie in. But he seemed to love the car none the less now that he saw it in person. Anyway, kind of fun to see all the troops liking the car.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
FYI, the EZPASS transponder works fine if you put it in the middle of the black area to the right of the rear view mirror. Unfortunately when that "windshield blocks the transponders" thread came out I immediately called EZPASS to get a license plate transponder (I drive the NJTP on my way to work); turns out that was premature.

I got some of the plastic velcro-like stuff at lowes for $4.
Thanks for the EZ Pass idea. I didn’t know there was a license plate transponder. I need to check NY for that.

I’m expecting my ez pass holder today and will place it in the black area.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanks for the EZ Pass idea. I didn’t know there was a license plate transponder. I need to check NY for that.

I’m expecting my ez pass holder today and will place it in the black area.
NY Thruway, mine in the black dot area is working fine ... but, there is really no way to tell, because in NY, if you have a registered account and the transponder does not work, they just bill based on the pic of the license plate (there is no penalty if the license plate is associated with a NY EZ pass account).

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Today at the mass vaccine site manned by hundreds of national guard in the DC suburbs, I was approached by at least 20 separate national guard troops to ask me about the Mach E/Mustang. Every one of them was positive, although one said at first he was a doubter about the Mustang tie in. But he seemed to love the car none the less now that he saw it in person. Anyway, kind of fun to see all the troops liking the car.
So far I have noticed almost 100% positive responses from female drivers. They really like everything about the car. The guys like it too but about half question the Mustang name......otherwise they all agree it looks like a neat car.

I am having a problem on the freeway still.....I normally like to drive in my own space. Either leading or trailing the pack but I haven't really been able to do that yet because other drivers speed up to catch me and then match my pace while whey check out the car, take photos etc. It's cool but hopefully the novelty will wear off soon so I can feel safer on the freeways. ;)

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
So far I have noticed almost 100% positive responses from female drivers. They really like everything about the car. The guys like it too but about half question the Mustang name......otherwise they all agree it looks like a neat car.

I am having a problem on the freeway still.....I normally like to drive in my own space. Either leading or trailing the pack but I haven't really been able to do that yet because other drivers speed up to catch me and then match my pace while whey check out the car, take photos etc. It's cool but hopefully the novelty will wear off soon so I can feel safer on the freeways. ;)
In a Tesla on AutoPilot you have to worry about phantom braking" where it seemingly brakes for no reason. With the Mach-E, I've had to worry about "rubbernecker braking" where other people passing us suddenly brake for no reason to get a better look. It also often includes a bit of swerving, some photos, and lots of smiles.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag

That's when you wish for the bubble around the car on the screen to keep people from getting too close.