Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
As people may know from my prior post, I backed into a stupid parking bollard and the reverse assist failed to be of much assistance. I broke one of the tail light lenses. Looking on the ford parts website, the replacement part is 13404, which costs either $844 or $889 (there are two entries for the same part - go figure).
The only part I actually need is 13404A on the diagram. I don’t need ANY of the other parts. Is there any way I can just order 13404A and save some (hopefully significant) money?
Sponsored

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
As people may know from my prior post, I backed into a stupid parking bollard and the reverse assist failed to be of much assistance. I broke one of the tail light lenses. Looking on the ford parts website, the replacement part is 13404, which costs either $844 or $889 (there are two entries for the same part - go figure).
The only part I actually need is 13404A on the diagram. I don’t need ANY of the other parts. Is there any way I can just order 13404A and save some (hopefully significant) money?
I need to replace one of my rear lights as well, though I am trying to get the dealer to do it. It was cracked when I bought it but I didn't notice until I got home after driving from Ohio to Kentucky to get it. Which part were you looking for, the outer or inner rear tail light, and on what side? I've been searching around online and found some okay discounts.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It’s the outer left. In my case, I’m going to have to have a body shop do it since the bumper cover will have to be replaced as well - my car was attacked by a particularly viscous parking bollard guarding some stupid tree at the Barnes Foundation. Evil parking bollard!) no “damage” other than a scuffed bumper cover with some deep scratches, and slight body panel gap on the drivers side (hence the need to replace) and a small section of the outer drivers side tail light lens is broken all the way through, hence that unit has to be replaced. I have a good, but pricey, body shop. They’re certified for Ford EVs (and Teslas - they always seem to have a lot of Teslas and Audis for some reason).

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think you need this one: LJ8Z13405B
Ford Mustang Mach-E Possible to Get Part of a Ford Part? 1633109151343

Ford Mustang Mach-E Possible to Get Part of a Ford Part? 1633109174946

From what I was looking at 13404A was the right inner light. Roesch Ford had the lowest price I could find when I was looking (I need the left inner light), but I haven't bought from them. Had to look at the part diagrams on other sites though as Roesch did not have the picture.

Here is where I looked it up: https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Tail-Light-Assembly/98555810/LJ8Z13405B.html

Here is best pricing I saw: https://parts.roeschford.com/oem-parts/ford-lamp-assembly-lj8z13405b

MachEr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Jimrpa, you need LJ8Z-13405-B Which is the drivers side outer lamp. It retails for $844.28

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Jimrpa, you need LJ8Z-13405-B Which is the drivers side outer lamp. It retails for $844.28
Yep. Actually, all I NEED is 2 in the figure above. Sadly, Ford Parts doesn’t just sell that unit all by its lonesome. You have to buy 13405 (all the bits on the left side). All I need is the unit labeled 13404A in the figure below. Per Parts.ford.com 13405 (all the junk in the picture) costs $844.xx. I don’t need any of the other stuff.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Possible to Get Part of a Ford Part? D5899505-75F4-429E-879E-489F30AF5E01

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The links I sent are just for #2 in the picture, it doesn't include the rest.

I hate to think that the Ford Parts diagram is wrong, but I believe it is. It has left hand parts labeled with right hand part numbers and I think they are reversed between outer and inner. Not sure if there is anyone on the inside that could take a look for you to confirm.

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A small update if you are still looking. I ordered the assembly I needed from the Roesch Ford. The total with shipping was around $605. I was tired of waiting for Ford & the dealer I bought from to figure out if warranty so I bought it myself.

Be careful with the part number, as you can see I ordered the 13405-A which was in fact the left side liftgate portion that I needed.

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
LJ8Z-13405-A​
Lamp Assembly - Rear, Stop And Flas​
$583.85​
1​
$583.85​
Subtotal: $583.85​
Estimated Shipping to 43016 via Standard Shipping: $21.50​
Total: $605.36​

Ford Mustang Mach-E Possible to Get Part of a Ford Part? WIN_20211013_12_23_22_Pro

Ford Mustang Mach-E Possible to Get Part of a Ford Part? WIN_20211013_12_21_17_Pro

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks! At this point, the body shop is waiting for parts - they ordered LJ8Z13405B at a cost of $846
You said you only needed the inner and ordered A. I only need the outer and it looks like my body shop order B, which would be consistent with what you ordered, and would indicate that the labeling on the ford parts diagram is reversed. The inner lights are A and the outer lights are B
I also thought it was interesting that the label on your light didn’t patch the part number on the diagram.
Sponsored