Post 5/25/22 builds who experience HVBJB (High Voltage Battery Junction Box) failures: Please post here

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
As I understand it, Mach e's built post 5/25 have new HVBJBs that won't fail and leave people needing a HVBJB replacement. So I thought I'd start this thread to ask those of you who have a post 5/25/22 build and experience such a failure to post here.

Please also include your model (e.g., Premium, GT, GT-PE), mileage, and any circumstances you think are pertinent. This will help us build a dataset to either a) alleviate concerns that this is an ongoing problem even in new builds or b) to document that failures in these new vehicles are continuing to happen.

Please do not post if your Mach e is not having the problem so that we can keep this thread focused on the issue. Thanks.
Sponsored

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Thanks for starting this thread. My GTPE was built on 6/30/22, and isn't subject to the recall. I assume that's because it either has the new software already, or the new HVBJB hardware from the factory, or both?

Earlier this month I drove my new GTPE 1,750 miles across six Western states to get home from the dealer. Outside air temps were often 90-100F and I crossed several high mountain passes in the Rockies and the Sierra with no problems.

Curious whether anyone with a post-May 2022 build has experienced a HVBJB failure?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I think it's important to define the build date carefully here, the official build date is what shows up for your dealer in their computer (PTS). What you saw on the consumer tracking website is not the official build date. "Built" date is not build date! The build date is when production on your chassis started.

The closest thing to build date on the Ford tracker is "In production" but again you should check with an official source to be sure. The data sticker on the B-pillar will show you the month and year of build. Unless you see it says 06/2022 or later, you may have the old part.

OP
OP
kindofblue

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I think it's important to define the build date carefully here, the official build date is what shows up for your dealer in their computer (PTS). What you saw on the consumer tracking website is not the official build date. "Built" date is not build date! The build date is when production on your chassis started.

The closest thing to build date on the Ford tracker is "In production" but again you should check with an official source to be sure. The data sticker on the B-pillar will show you the month and year of build. Unless you see it says 06/2022 or later, you may have the old part.
Thanks for the clarification. I just assumed (silly me) that anyone who's having these issues would inspect the B-pillar for that data.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag

The Ford Tracking website shows both "In Production" and "Built". For my GTPE, those dates were one day apart: 6/29/22 and 6/30/22. The dealer's invoice was dated 6/22/22. My B-pillar sticker just shows "6/2022".

Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium SR AWD, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Country flag

Totally possible, but also as someone that was in the 5/23 build group, those in roughly the first 2 (out of 4) batches were built before the end of that week and shipped out. The rest of us (myself included) sat on the line for 2.5 weeks after production had reportedly started, but hadn't finished (no tracker progress, no modules turned on). At first it was a mystery, then the recall notice went out. I'm not sure if those of us that sat on the line were there waiting for the new software, new hardware or both. For what it's worth, none of us in those later batches were under the recall. At least it's only 1 build week's worth so not that many people in this gray area, but I really hope I got the new HVBJB, even if I'm a lower risk SR AWD Premium. The second this car ever leaves me stranded it's gone.
Sponsored