mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Ok, planning ahead a month or two, but I wanted to put together a place to list dealer FCTP (demo) cars by location. Mostly so we can find colors and trim levels.

If you know what your dealer ordered for their FCTP vehicle, we can start to fill this out now. Just change the availability when it arrives.

StateCityDealerColorTrimBatteryAvailable?
MAWinchesterBonnelFordInfinite BluePremiumAWD??
Sponsored

Last edited:

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Speaking of FCTP cars - any news on when they may end up at dealers? Now that we have build weeks available, and I won't be seeing mine until next year, I'm wondering if it's worth my time to drive 3 hours just to sit in one from the Tour. If FCTP units will be out to dealers in December, I can just wait and actually drive one.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The only real info we have is that Ford keeps saying that demo vehicles will be available to test drive at dealers "by the end of the year." How many dealers will have them by then? Nobody who would know has said.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Speaking of FCTP cars - any news on when they may end up at dealers? Now that we have build weeks available, and I won't be seeing mine until next year, I'm wondering if it's worth my time to drive 3 hours just to sit in one from the Tour. If FCTP units will be out to dealers in December, I can just wait and actually drive one.
It is worth waiting to drive one.

OP
OP
mattbostonmache

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Added my dealer's infinite blue premium in Winchester, MA to the table in the first post.

I'm wondering what other Mass dealers are getting. I'd love to see what star white and space white look like in person.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’m mildly annoyed with my dealer (Pacifico Marple) - they have no information on their FCTP vehicle, including even what model they requested, let alone any info on dates of delivery, etc ?

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got a call from my dealer last Thursday (the same day I got the e-mail with a build date) and I was told that they would have a Rapid Red Premium AWD before the end of the year and I could get it instead of my Infinite Blue Premium AWD. It seemed like they really wanted me to swap my order for the one coming. He also said it was NOT an FCTP vehicle and that all "Blue Oval" dealers were allotted one vehicle to order.

From what I have seen on this board I don't believe what he is telling me. Especially since we have not reached OKTB

Who/what should I believe??????

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I got a call from my dealer last Thursday (the same day I got the e-mail with a build date) and I was told that they would have a Rapid Red Premium AWD before the end of the year and I could get it instead of my Infinite Blue Premium AWD. It seemed like they really wanted me to swap my order for the one coming. He also said it was NOT an FCTP vehicle and that all "Blue Oval" dealers were allotted one vehicle to order.

From what I have seen on this board I don't believe what he is telling me. Especially since we have not reached OKTB

Believe it when you see it.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
FPLiptak said:

Believe it when you see it.

I guess the real question is how will I be able to determine if it an FCTP / Pre-Production vehicle if we have not seen OKTB announced yet?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I’m mildly annoyed with my dealer (Pacifico Marple) - they have no information on their FCTP vehicle, including even what model they requested, let alone any info on dates of delivery, etc ?
They have no information or they aren't telling you? You would think they would know what they ordered.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Some dealers were allowed to place a stock order for retail sale. My FE is one of those vehicles so what your dealer is telling you is possible. They would have a VIN by now....

I guess the real question is how will I be able to determine if it an FCTP / Pre-Production vehicle if we have not seen OKTB announced yet?
It's not Pre-Production.
It is the same as an FCTP vehicle but without the restrictions of time/mileage before it can be sold. It would also very likely be priority code 99, which means it should be one of the very last cars down the line just prior to OKTB. Most customer cars are scheduled post OKTB so this car in question would be assembled and waiting to ship when OKTB is given. That is why your dealer says it will be there before end of the year.

Ask for a VIN and build date and I can compare it to my car and maybe we can figure this out for you.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Some dealers were allowed to place a stock order for retail sale. My FE is one of those vehicles so what your dealer is telling you is possible. They would have a VIN by now....

It's not Pre-Production.
It is the same as an FCTP vehicle but without the restrictions of time/mileage before it can be sold. It would also very likely be priority code 99, which means it should be one of the very last cars down the line just prior to OKTB. Most customer cars are scheduled post OKTB so this car in question would be assembled and waiting to ship when OKTB is given. That is why your dealer says it will be there before end of the year.

Ask for a VIN and build date and I can compare it to my car and maybe we can figure this out for you.
Thanks! I just e-mailed my salesperson and am waiting for a response. We shall see what happens.

Again, thanks! I would love to compare notes.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

It's not Pre-Production.

Greg, I got the VIN for the Rapid Red dealer order. It is 3FMTK3SUXMMA01907
The VIN for my Infinite Blue order is 3FMTK3SUXMMA08546

Let me know how it compares to your FE

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Greg, I got the VIN for the Rapid Red dealer order. It is 3FMTK3SUXMMA01907
The VIN for my Infinite Blue order is 3FMTK3SUXMMA08546

Let me know how it compares to your FE
That VIN is about 250 serial numbers lower than mine so it sounds like your dealer's story has merit. It very well could be assembled middle of next week and ready to ship when OKTB is given. Did you get a build date by any chance?

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That VIN is about 250 serial numbers lower than mine so it sounds like your dealer's story has merit. It very well could be assembled middle of next week and ready to ship when OKTB is given. Did you get a build date by any chance?
Sorry, I did not get a build date from the salesperson but he did indicate it should be here the week of December 7th.
Sponsored