Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium 4ER, Taycan CT, 650s, F8 on order
Country flag
@Mike G Can you please check my VIN: 3FMTK3SU8NMA01602 ? Just had recall update OTA. Will be at dealer for 20k service. Would like to get them to update some modules. Thank you.
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
@Mike G Can you please check my VIN: 3FMTK3SU8NMA01602 ? Just had recall update OTA. Will be at dealer for 20k service. Would like to get them to update some modules. Thank you.
5 Jan '22 build date.

Strange to have gotten the 22S41 recall as an OTA but still have a SOBDM update still showing up in the list:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU8NMA01602-12-Aug-22

Mike

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
VIN: 3FMTK3SU7MMA26280

Hmm. I supposedly got the 22S41 and 22S29 updates. The OTA details showed up in my Ford App message center and on the car screen.

But then the message disappeared in the App. Did it not install? Did it get pulled? Not sure where to look in the car to verify, but when I looked at updates yesterday in car it showed the same message as last time it was updated back in June (ie, not the info shown below).

Can someone please check to see if it was actually installed?

Here's the original message:

Over-the-Air Details
Deployments
CorrelationID: FLARE-PRD-SOFTWARE-FNV2-626942-720082
Created: 2022-08-04T18:24:52.926+0000
Expiration: 2022-08-11T18:24:52.926+0000
Priority: High
Type: ENHANCEMENT
Trigger: SOFTWARE
Inhibit Required: No Data
Environment: PRD
Latest Status:
Details: OTAM_S1010
DateTime: 2022-08-05T11:16:15.229+0000
Package Details:
WiFiRequired: No Data
Priority: No Data
FailedResponse: permanentInhibit
DisplayTime: No Data
ReleaseNotes:
Ford Power-Up
We heard what you had to say, and we took action. The brake pedal feel is now modified to allow for smoother braking. On top of that, we’ve done some additional minor fine-tuning here and there to help ensure things are running smoothly. As a result of these actions, you may see a message in your screen behind the steering wheel, stating, “Reverse Brake Assist not available. See manual”. This message is accurate but will clear in just a couple minutes into your drive, and the feature will then be available.
Recall 22S41 & 22S29
We upgraded software on your vehicle to protect high-voltage battery components from excessive heat generated during DC fast charging and repeated full throttle events. This completes safety recall 22S41.
For those customers who received a letter about recall 22S29, this update also fixes a software glitch in your vehicle that could potentially cause unintended acceleration, unintended deceleration or unintended vehicle movement. This completes safety recall 22S29.
There is nothing you need to do.
Ford Power-Up software updates like this let us handle recalls without the inconvenience of asking you to leave home. At Ford, we value your safety, and we respect your time.
Ongoing updates like this help you enjoy the best possible version of your Mustang Mach-E® vehicle.

Edge2MME

First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Ed
Country flag
Thanks Mike, this is great
Hi MIke could you run my Vin again please, Ive has the 22S41 recall done and would like to check they did update the modules as its a new garage I am trying out.
VIN - WF0TR3SU0MMA15584
thanks

Godawgs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E4X Ordered
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
There still, to this day, have never been any programming sessions involving a technician and the required support equipment connected to your car.

The song remains the same:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU8NMA01602-12-Aug-22

Mike
Sorry to ask, but the updates starting with SOB are the ones part of the recall right?

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Sorry to ask, but the updates starting with SOB are the ones part of the recall right?
BECM and SOBDMC are referenced in the recall; however, all of the powertrain modules will be installed (PCM, OBCC, BECM, SOBDM, COBDMB, SOBDMC).

FirstCav

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME & Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi:

I received the OTA update for the high voltage recall and a braking issue yesterday. A few days ago I received an update that now allows me to schedule multiple days for the OTA updates.

If you have the time would you please see what updates I a missing.

Thanx in advance.

John

EDIT!

I couldn't understand why no one responded when in the past it was lickety split. Well now I know... I didn't include my VIN DUH!

3FMTK3SU2MMA43052

Thanx in advance!

John

Last edited:

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium 4ER, Taycan CT, 650s, F8 on order
Country flag
5 Jan '22 build date.

Strange to have gotten the 22S41 recall as an OTA but still have a SOBDM update still showing up in the list:

Mike
Thank you for checking. Does that mean the OTA recall update was not complete and I should let the dealer know? Thank you again.

Dadams

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E GT-SOLD, 22 Sorento PHEV, 23 MachE GT RR
Country flag
FDRS shows the build date as the 25th of May '22.
3FMTK4SE1NMA28882-18-July-22.png

You still have recall-related modules that have updates available (PCM, BECM, SOBDMB, SOBDMC).

The OBCC update is related to DCFC errors some are having.

The DSM concerns driver's seat and mirror settings not adjusting to the profile setting for the key fob being used.

The HVAC update is for not enough heat in freezing temps or other HVAC concerns with settings not being retained.

Mike
Mike,

The dealer said my car is ready and according to them they would only perform the the HVAC even though they said they could see charging faults. Can you run my vin again to what updates I have? Thank you

3FMTK4SE1NMA28882

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
VIN: 3FMTK3SU7MMA26280

Hmm. I supposedly got the 22S41 and 22S29 updates. The OTA details showed up in my Ford App message center and on the car screen.

But then the message disappeared in the App. Did it not install? Did it get pulled? Not sure where to look in the car to verify, but when I looked at updates yesterday in car it showed the same message as last time it was updated back in June (ie, not the info shown below).

Can someone please check to see if it was actually installed?

Here's the original message:

Over-the-Air Details
Deployments
CorrelationID: FLARE-PRD-SOFTWARE-FNV2-626942-720082
Created: 2022-08-04T18:24:52.926+0000
Expiration: 2022-08-11T18:24:52.926+0000
Priority: High
Type: ENHANCEMENT
Trigger: SOFTWARE
Inhibit Required: No Data
Environment: PRD
Latest Status:
Details: OTAM_S1010
DateTime: 2022-08-05T11:16:15.229+0000
Package Details:
WiFiRequired: No Data
Priority: No Data
FailedResponse: permanentInhibit
DisplayTime: No Data
ReleaseNotes:
Ford Power-Up
We heard what you had to say, and we took action. The brake pedal feel is now modified to allow for smoother braking. On top of that, we’ve done some additional minor fine-tuning here and there to help ensure things are running smoothly. As a result of these actions, you may see a message in your screen behind the steering wheel, stating, “Reverse Brake Assist not available. See manual”. This message is accurate but will clear in just a couple minutes into your drive, and the feature will then be available.
Recall 22S41 & 22S29
We upgraded software on your vehicle to protect high-voltage battery components from excessive heat generated during DC fast charging and repeated full throttle events. This completes safety recall 22S41.
For those customers who received a letter about recall 22S29, this update also fixes a software glitch in your vehicle that could potentially cause unintended acceleration, unintended deceleration or unintended vehicle movement. This completes safety recall 22S29.
There is nothing you need to do.
Ford Power-Up software updates like this let us handle recalls without the inconvenience of asking you to leave home. At Ford, we value your safety, and we respect your time.
Ongoing updates like this help you enjoy the best possible version of your Mustang Mach-E® vehicle.
25 Apr '21 build date, Job 1 car.

Your 22S41 recall was apparently accomplished OTA. None of the modules involved in that recall are on this list:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU7MMA26280-12-Aug-22

But based on your build date and the cruise control related modules in this list you still don't have BlueCruise Hands-Free capability.

Mike

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi MIke could you run my Vin again please, Ive has the 22S41 recall done and would like to check they did update the modules as its a new garage I am trying out.
VIN - WF0TR3SU0MMA15584
thanks
2 Feb '21 build date, Job 1 car.

Your 22S41 procedure was performed yesterday morning and they were finished by 0930.

Here's the list of available updates:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TR3SU0MMA15584-12-Aug-22

Mike

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mike,

The dealer said my car is ready and according to them they would only perform the the HVAC even though they said they could see charging faults. Can you run my vin again to what updates I have? Thank you

3FMTK4SE1NMA28882
Sure....but it's a bit confusing as to why they wouldn't do the recall related updates. I'm sure there must be more to this story.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK4SE1NMA28882-12-Aug-22

This list would not even take them 30 minutes. I just did a check of another car and from start to finish and it was 26 minutes total and that car had the SOBDM as well.

Mike

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for checking. Does that mean the OTA recall update was not complete and I should let the dealer know? Thank you again.
Well you can ask them if they'll update that SOBDM but they'll probably tell you that they'll do it the next time it's in for maintenance. And they've likely already gotten paid for the recall, so there's no way they'll get labor for doing this additional update.

Mike

Edge2MME

First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Ed
Country flag
2 Feb '21 build date, Job 1 car.

Your 22S41 procedure was performed yesterday morning and they were finished by 0930.

Here's the list of available updates:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK4SE1NMA28882-12-Aug-22

Mike
thanks, much appreciated.

Dadams

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E GT-SOLD, 22 Sorento PHEV, 23 MachE GT RR
Country flag
Sure....but it's a bit confusing as to why they wouldn't do the recall related updates. I'm sure there must be more to this story.

3FMTK4SE1NMA28882-12-Aug-22.png

This list would not even take them 30 minutes. I just did a check of another car and from start to finish and it was 26 minutes total and that car had the SOBDM as well.

Mike
They said they called ford, and ford said if there are no problems then don't update it ,because they wouldn't pay for it(technically build date is not part of the recall). So I guess I will be getting the equipment and updating it myself.

Thank you for your help.