Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello Mr. G you have been a great asset here. If you could please run my vin 3FMTK3SU6MMA01581 it would be much appreciated.

They noted that 12 of the 15 they could install 3 they had a problems with.
Sponsored

mattmarox

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
3FMTK3SU1MMA28882 Dealer says they updated everything but Ford customer service rep says there are still pending updates. Can you please verify who is correct.
Many thanks

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Hi, hoping not too much of a pest, but they went thru and did some updates after the service about two weeks ago and I was wondering what they 'missed' and what is needed.

I got the Blue Cruise update OTA Monday and 2.8.3 OTA yesterday

Thanks!

VIN:3FMTK2R75MMA36560

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
They said they called ford, and ford said if there are no problems then don't update it ,because they wouldn't pay for it(technically build date is not part of the recall). So I guess I will be getting the equipment and updating it myself.

Thank you for your help.
I wasn't paying attention there.....yeah 25 May build date....got it.

And yet...Ford released updated software that was revised from the initially provided versions. And that's what's in your list.

That's pretty cheeky.

Mike

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello Mr. G you have been a great asset here. If you could please run my vin 3FMTK3SU6MMA01581 it would be much appreciated.

They noted that 12 of the 15 they could install 3 they had a problems with.
25 Nov '20 build date, Job 1 car.

Here's the list as of today:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU6MMA01581-12-Aug-22

That IPC sorta sticks out there doesn't it?

Mike

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
3FMTK3SU1MMA28882 Dealer says they updated everything but Ford customer service rep says there are still pending updates. Can you please verify who is correct.
Many thanks
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU1MMA28882-12-Aug-22

Depends on your definition of the word "everything"....

Mike

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi, hoping not too much of a pest, but they went thru and did some updates after the service about two weeks ago and I was wondering what they 'missed' and what is needed.

I got the Blue Cruise update OTA Monday and 2.8.3 OTA yesterday

Thanks!

VIN:3FMTK2R75MMA36560
Well they left you with everything that would need an accompanying customer complaint to get updated.

With the exception of the OBCC...they could have done that one if they had seen any DTCs in the PTS dashboard for your VIN for charging errors.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK2R75MMA36560-12-Aug-22

Mike

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
25 Nov '20 build date, Job 1 car.

3FMTK3SU6MMA01581-12-Aug-22.png

That IPC sorta sticks out there doesn't it?

Mike
Thanks Mike. Lot shorter than the 15. I could share my bug list but it was an honest one.

They could not OTA up date it. I was and think still am on 2.7.1 same sync version/rev anyway. Appears I am stuck on 2.7.1 what is with these .7.1's. The widget here say failed 2.7.3 no BC here. I get this pop up all the time now at start up? Wonder if it will clear here by themselves but they indicated I may be back in.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others Failed Update

Edit: Looking at the before and after FDRS available and the IPC is not on the first?

Last edited:

dcmorrissey

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium SR awd
Occupation
IT
Country flag
New Mach-E arrived. I was wondering how things look "out of the box". Ignore request if there are people with issues and they are trying to troubleshoot. I'm curious how Ford ships their cars. If you can, 3FMTK3SS3NMA30343. Please and thank you.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Mike. Lot shorter than the 15. I could share my bug list but it was an honest one.

They could not OTA up date it. I was and think still am on 2.7.1 same sync version/rev anyway. Appears I am stuck on 2.7.1 what is with these .7.1's. The widget here say failed 2.7.3 no BC here. I get this pop up all the time now at start up? Wonder if it will clear here by themselves but they indicated I may be back in.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others Failed Update

Edit: Looking at the before and after FDRS available and the IPC is not on the first?
I think you're somewhere in-between on these updates and if it were me I'd get with the service department and have them do the 21G01 to get you to full BC and not try to rely on OTAs to get the job done.

After that IPC update will probably be another GWM and then APIM...etc.

It looks like you may be on step 18 of the attached procedures, and you have a while to go before your car gets completely up-to-date. I'd just have a tech do it at this point if possible.

Mike

Attachments

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
New Mach-E arrived. I was wondering how things look "out of the box". Ignore request if there are people with issues and they are trying to troubleshoot. I'm curious how Ford ships their cars. If you can, 3FMTK3SS3NMA30343. Please and thank you.
12 Jun '22 build date.

This is the second car I've checked today that has a build date after the 24th of May that has available updates for all the modules involved in the 22S41 recall. The previous poster said that the dealer service dept called Ford and Ford told them that unless the car was not working correctly they were not going to pay to do those updates (even though they are revised updates to the recall-related modules software). So car was built after the effective date of the recall but has updates for all the same concerned modules.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SS3NMA30343-12-Aug-22

Mike

dcmorrissey

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium SR awd
Occupation
IT
Country flag
12 Jun '22 build date.

This is the second car I've checked today that has a build date after the 24th of May that has available updates for all the modules involved in the 22S41 recall. The previous poster said that the dealer service dept called Ford and Ford told them that unless the car was not working correctly they were not going to pay to do those updates (even though they are revised updates to the recall-related modules software). So car was built after the effective date of the recall but has updates for all the same concerned modules.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SS3NMA30343-12-Aug-22

Mike
Thanks Mike!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think you're somewhere in-between on these updates and if it were me I'd get with the service department and have them do the 21G01 to get you to full BC and not try to rely on OTAs to get the job done.

After that IPC update will probably be another GWM and then APIM...etc.

It looks like you may be on step 18 of the attached procedures, and you have a while to go before your car gets completely up-to-date. I'd just have a tech do it at this point if possible.

Mike
Really appreciate your input. I will take your advise and approach my guys again. Will quote you and attach the technical info. Eventually I am expecting something to go smoothly with this car. It is good it drives like a dream.

sid234

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR
Country flag
Well it looks like you got what you wanted.

3FMTK3SS4MMA24100-9-Aug-22.png

Ya know...some of these updates that would enable BlueCruise also improve other functionality of the components themselves and the car as a whole.....it would not hurt to have them up to date even if you'd decided you will never use the hands-free cruising feature.

Mike
Thanks Mike.

The problem is the dealer - keeps saying they don't have the hardware for bluecruise :(

I need to find a new dealer

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Mike.

The problem is the dealer - keeps saying they don't have the hardware for bluecruise :(

I need to find a new dealer
?

They don't have the hardware......for BlueCruise.....emmm what now?

Well they either don't have a FDRS laptop with the adapter cable.....or they don't have a powersupply....or they don't have a USB thumb drive....all of which all EV certified dealers are supposed to have. It might be that they don't have an EV certified tech, but if that werre the case they couldn't work on F-150 Powerboosts either, or even update '21 Job 1 ICE F-150s to BlueCruise either for that matter.

Were they specific about what they were lacking?

This is very strange....but yeah I agree you do need to find another dealer.
Sponsored