Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Hello,

Wondering if anyone would mind running my VIN (3FMTK3R73NMA19277) again since the last time it was checked and if the dealer happened to check my VIN at some point.

I had an appointment to get the WACM update done and the day before the dealer randomly cancelled because they needed to fix the A/C unit in the shop - not saying things like that don’t happen but the phone call was off.

At least I’m up to Power Up 3.5.2 and have a have received a few OTAs.

Thank you in advance!
Nobody has checked your VIN since the 2nd of July (well except for me back on Jul 18th).

Here's the list of available updates:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3R73NMA19277-21-Sep-22

Mike
Sponsored

Pibe38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
Nobody has checked your VIN since the 2nd of July (well except for me back on Jul 18th).

Here's the list of available updates:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3R73NMA19277-21-Sep-22

Mike
Thank you! Seems the list of available updates doubled since last time.

jbooth

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
11 Apr '21 build date, Job 1 car.

And another case of a dealer tech saying they did CSP 21P22 and the customer finding out later that only a part of it was done (but the dealership got paid by Ford for all of the labor that was supposed to take place).
@Mike G what do you think the chance is that everyone who got screwed by the dealer on 21P22 might have had a deeper problem. I know for my car, I was in stuck-pre-1.7.1 "sync version: --" limbo when they attempted 21P22 in Feb. The stuck only got fixed with 21G01/22B08 which was June.

I'd asked about the bluecruise install at an earlier appointment (March or May I don't recall) and got something along the lines of "it wasn't available for my car yet" despite me having the "go to your dealer or get OTA" hardcopy from Ford.

It makes me think of the bad old RedHat 4.x RPM-dependency-hell days. I don't know if Ford does that with module versions, but I would expect so. It certainly happens everywhere else in software engineering.

@RyanSD @ahern149 @daiprime -- did you have the stuck-updates problem? When did that get fixed, relative (before/after) to your dealer attempted 21P22?

Edit: @Paul H too, for the same question.

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Mike G what do you think the chance is that everyone who got screwed by the dealer on 21P22 might have had a deeper problem. I know for my car, I was in stuck-pre-1.7.1 "sync version: --" limbo when they attempted 21P22 in Feb. The stuck only got fixed with 21G01/22B08 which was June.

I'd asked about the bluecruise install at an earlier appointment (March or May I don't recall) and got something along the lines of "it wasn't available for my car yet" despite me having the "go to your dealer or get OTA" hardcopy from Ford.

It makes me think of the bad old RedHat 4.x RPM-dependency-hell days. I don't know if Ford does that with module versions, but I would expect so. It certainly happens everywhere else in software engineering.

@RyanSD @ahern149 @daiprime -- did you have the stuck-updates problem? When did that get fixed, relative (before/after) to your dealer attempted 21P22?

Edit: @Paul H too, for the same question.
Here's the thing.....none of the updates in CSP 21P22 were dependent on the ability of your APIM, TCU, or GWM to be updateable. They were all essentially standalone.

Now as for the BlueCruise process, yes that would definitely have been an issue since the APIM, TCU, and GWM were repeatedly updated throughout the 21G01 process and it wouldn't have worked if they were stuck (corrupted data).

So there was no reason not to successfully get all the CSP21P22 updates knocked out, regardless of whether or not BlueCruise programming took place.

If someone shows me a list of updates and says they have a stuck APIM, TCU, or GWM.....I guarantee that I can program all of them with the possible exception of those three (APIM, TCU, GWM).

Another example is that the 22S41 recall updates can be programmed whether or not you have a stuck APIM, TCU, or GWM.

Last edited:

Elmn8r

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang GTPE Star White
Country flag
8 Aug '21 build date, Job 2 car (GT-PE)

Here's the list of available updates (note the revised versions of all the recall-related modules as well):

And mention that you'd like these actions attended to as well:

And obviously now would be the time to let them know if you're having issues with your iphone charging, or your driver's seat and mirrors setting not matching the fob/profile you're using, or that your windscreen fogs up at times and the heater isn't as warm as it should be, and you lose bluetooth connection sometimes....etc.

Have a great week.

Mike,

Dealership has called us to come pick up our Mustang. I wonder if you would be kind enough to run our VIN again to see what they’ve done. Thank you so much!!

VIN: 3FMTK4SX5MME01731

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mike,

Dealership has called us to come pick up our Mustang. I wonder if you would be kind enough to run our VIN again to see what they’ve done. Thank you so much!!

VIN: 3FMTK4SX5MME01731
They've wiped out your list completely.

Enjoy!

Mike

Elmn8r

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang GTPE Star White
Country flag
They've wiped out your list completely.

Enjoy!

Mike

That’s awesome!! Thank you so much. Sure wish you would let us buy you a coffee or beer for the effort you put into this…

MyDutchMachE

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
It
Country flag
No problem, here's the list:

Ask them to run the "Module Update Repair" procedure to see what that says. It's a diagnostic.

Mike
Hey Mike, again many thanks for your effort. Can you check it for me again? I have had my car in the garage yesterday and had a big discussion with them. After the sleep update i have no more ota updates. In the garage the update gateway stops in the update and they tried it 3 times? That was it and they said, maybe it works in a month or 6 months ??? So i just want to know if they updated the rest before i am sending them an email. I don't know what the diagnose for the gateway was and will ask them in the same email. THANKS.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
@Mike G is there any way you can give an update to my updates and is there any way to read any fault codes? It looks like I am another member with a bad HVBJB and would like to know the actual failure before I have to argue with the dealership!
Ford’s Customer “Care” line says I didn’t receive the over the air recall update, but I clearly had a message a couple of weeks ago saying it was updated then I received two more updates since then.
Thank you in advance!
BECM P0D0F - Battery Charging System Negative Contactor 'A' Stuck Closed
BECM P0AA4 - Hybrid/EV Battery Negative Contactor 'A' Stuck Closed

Both are mentioned in TSB 22-2178 so you have a confirmed bad HVBJB and are entitled to a new one. You should be following DevSecOps's guide.

zog

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Please check my VIN
WF0TK4SX8MME01321

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey Mike, again many thanks for your effort. Can you check it for me again? I have had my car in the garage yesterday and had a big discussion with them. After the sleep update i have no more ota updates. In the garage the update gateway stops in the update and they tried it 3 times? That was it and they said, maybe it works in a month or 6 months ??? So i just want to know if they updated the rest before i am sending them an email. I don't know what the diagnose for the gateway was and will ask them in the same email. THANKS.
Good morning.

Here's the list of available updates (with two Gateway modules?):
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK1EM6MMA50120-22-Sep-22

I did see where they tried to update the gateway module.

It says during several attempts that the download of the software failed (or isn't verified?).
("Kan het binaire bestand van de software niet verkrijgen: MU5T-14H027-EKK. Wilt u het nog eens proberen?")

I don't know if they have internet problems or what the issue is there.

They should be proactive and tell you what they are going to do to fix it. Are they going to try a PMI procedure to recover the GWM module? Or are they going to order a new one? Those are the two questions I'd ask.

Mike

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Please check my VIN
WF0TK4SX8MME01321
29 Aug '21 build date, Job 2 car (GT-PE)

As they say on Monty Python....
And now for something completely different, a Mach-E with two Gateway Modules:

(Just like the previous EU poster apparently, server issue?)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK4SX8MME01321-22-Sep-22

So...in FDRS when hovering your mouse over each of them to view the "tooltip" notes we can see a version number:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK4SX8MME01321-22-Sep-22GWM1

and

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK4SX8MME01321-22-Sep-22GWM2

Which one would you pick? I think I'd go for the one with the higher base number and then see if a newer version pops up in the list later.

This is very interesting. Never seen that before. @Gimme_my_MME , @MachLee, @WyldStallyn ought to have a look at this. Double gateways seems to be trending this morning in the EU....

Mike

zog

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Interesting. I just received it after they did "Pinpoint test BJ : POADE : 00. Control of contact C4118C. Change of contact C292, change of fusebox in HC battery, change of contact C295 and cable L398-14B323-AE". Does not say anything related to software updates in the work report from the dealer.
Edit: All this was done after the wrench came up the day after the safety recall update. Thanks for checking also Mike !

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. I just received it after they did "Pinpoint test BJ : POADE : 00. Control of contact C4118C. Change of contact C292, change of fusebox in HC battery, change of contact C295 and cable L398-14B323-AE". Does not say anything related to software updates in the work report from the dealer.
Well as I said ...you're not the only one in the EU with this problem this morning. In fact the previous poster @MyDutchMachE had his car in and they couldn't update his software on the GWM because I think there is a server issue that's preventing the correct version of the software from downloading. And so that's why I think we're seeing two updates for the GWM modules in both your car and his.
Sponsored