Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium 4X, Focus Electric
Country flag
Hey Mike...

If there's any way you could run 3FMTK3SU0MMA05951, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!!!

Mike
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
The gateway is new for everyone ? Also, they updated the rest of my list, like the lump of coal stuff?
?

Well it's new for your car...and it's the one that leads to the new Sync UI APIM update if I'm not mistaken.

It's possible it wasn't there until after they did the updates on the PCM and everything else they did yesterday.

It probably popped up right after they did that PCM update and then disconnected:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK1SS2MMA19966-26-Jan-23Work

ahern149

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustange Mach-E Select Awd
Country flag
?

Well it's new for your car...and it's the one that leads to the new Sync UI APIM update if I'm not mistaken.

It's possible it wasn't there until after they did the updates on the PCM and everything else they did yesterday.

It probably popped up right after they did that PCM update and then disconnected:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK1SS2MMA19966-26-Jan-23Work
Might be a new GWM because I dropped it off with 4.1.2 that was installed 2 days ago OTA

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Might be a new GWM because I dropped it off with 4.1.2 that was installed 2 days ago OTA
Then that would update you to the "-LAE" GWM rev...I didn't check to see which one you had now..sorry I forgot.
(checks FDRS again...)
Yeah I see now that you are currently on "-LAD" on the gateway so that would be right...you'll likely gt 4.1.3 soon.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey Mike...

If there's any way you could run 3FMTK3SU0MMA05951, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!!!

Mike
6 Jan '21 build date, Job 1 car.

Here's the list of available updates:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU0MMA05951-26-Jan-23

em5quare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD Premium ER
Country flag
Hey Mike,

Could you possibly check 3FMTK3R77MMA62244?

I am stuck at 3.6.1 (received in November) and am wondering if some modules need to be updated first before I can again get OTA updates.

Thanks in advance!!

D’Roc

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E SR eAWD
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
Mike,

Could you possibly check 3FMTK1SSXNMA40646?

Thank you,

D’Roc

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium Extended
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU0MMA05951-26-Jan-23

And yes, your eyes aren't deceiving you....some tech is that lazy that they updated two of your doors and didn't update the other two...each door takes a minute.
Question... is taking it to the dealer the only option for getting these updated? Or, like yourself, if someone were in my area with the software on their laptop, could do the updates? What is generally people's luck getting their dealer to do it?

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Question... is taking it to the dealer the only option for getting these updated? Or, like yourself, if someone were in my area with the software on their laptop, could do the updates? What is generally people's luck getting their dealer to do it?
Anyone can do it with some investment in the correct equipment and an occasional Ford software license.

Search for the "FDRS alternative to FORSCAN" thread on this forum.

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
3FMTK3SU4NMA55415-26-Jan-23.png

And yes, your eyes aren't deceiving you....some tech is that lazy that they updated two of your doors and didn't update the other two...each door takes a minute.
Update: So I called the dealer closest to me (Winner Ford, Cherry Hill, NJ) and spoke with a service advisor. He told me they can "attempt" to do these updates for me but 1) it could take "days" and 2) he's seen where doing these updates can brick a car (put it in limp mode) and they had to keep the car for 2 weeks to get it fixed. So basically he's saying, bring it in at your own risk. Is this normal? LOL.

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
While I can't see OTA status using FDRS, I would have thought that you'd have gotten a gateway update to head you towards the new Sync by now.

Here's the list of available updates, mostly powertrain and DC fast charger related..and the HVAC and BCM as well:
I feel as though the set of Powertrain modules are blocking getting the gateway module from showing up. Take your car to the dealer to do the free HVAC update and tell them you’re behind on the updates and suspect those are holding back your updates. That’s what I did and got my list cleared up. After the the GWM showed up.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Well here's the "before" list:

You definitely want to see that GWM disappear from this list.....just sayin'
They said they did updates, but if this is current, then they didn't do any updates... At least to this list.

Finished it on Jan 11

I'm up to 4.1.2 so updates are coming along if thats what GWM was for.

This was the Before list (Jan 05), You've displayed the After list so they did do some three updates for sure. And ADDED the GWM module...

Thanks for checking! (again)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 5-Jan-23

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: So I called the dealer closest to me (Winner Ford, Cherry Hill, NJ) and spoke with a service advisor. He told me they can "attempt" to do these updates for me but 1) it could take "days" and 2) he's seen where doing these updates can brick a car (put it in limp mode) and they had to keep the car for 2 weeks to get it fixed. So basically he's saying, bring it in at your own risk. Is this normal? LOL.
He's full of it or they don't know what they're doing. Take your pick.

We have completely untrained civilians out here updating their cars without any problems that can't be overcome with patience and help from other members. And if you read through these posts you'll find that most are doing it without any issues whatever.

He's trying to scare you to keep you from bringing in your car. It's either that or they have a crap tech on the job.

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
He's full of it or they don't know what they're doing. Take your pick.

We have completely untrained civilians out here updating their cars without any problems that can't be overcome with patience and help from other members. And if you read through these posts you'll find that most are doing it without any issues whatever.

He's trying to scare you to keep you from bringing in your car. It's either that or they have a crap tech on the job.
I’ll go with incompetence and CYA in advance lol.
Sponsored