Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Thanks for the info. My car has never been in for service since I picked it up in March 2021. When you say the service tech has repeatedly connected to my car is that done remotely? He could be trying to understand the condition of the car and updates needed prior to getting the car on Tuesday.
Entirely possible, and it was premature on my part to assume that all these connections were made with the vehicle at the dealership. You're absolutely right, that could have been the scenario. Your service manager as well as the tech have a screen they can pull up that shows all the software updates you need as well as every little sneeze (DTCs) your car has had since birth. So yeah they may just be trying to get ahead of the game.

I estimate that it will take a full day and a half of nothing but programming to get your car up to current. And I hope your tech has done these updates before and has a proper powersupply to provide ample juice while the programming goes on.

Let us know how you get on...

Mike
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not commenting on this specific situation, more just a general FYI, but there is a way to perform updates and not have it show up in the logs. That's not the intent of the process but a byproduct of how it is being done.
Thanks and the point is well taken....my comments were a result of too many folks on these forums finding that their techs did nothing during their last service visit...and I shouldn't have jumped the gun thinking this was the same thing.

BTW....if you get over anywhere near the test track can you check to see if there's an Atlas Blue Lightning with NWG02861 as the last 7 characters in the VIN? I've been looking for it everywhere and I want it to come home. If you see it send it my way will you?

Thanks in advance :D

Mike

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
3FMTK3SU5MMA09493

Just got 2.8.3...wondering how many of these modules still need updating.

(pulled after 2.8.2 update)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others IMG_0262

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
3FMTK3SU5MMA09493

Just got 2.8.3...wondering how many of these modules still need updating.

(pulled after 2.8.2 update)
IMG_0262.png
Looks like the only thing the OTA updated was your APIM. Also, I thought that when the tech did 21P22 they were supposed to do all the outstanding SW Updates? Looks like they pulled info for 21P22 on Dec 7th...and then did the PCM, SOBDMC, SOBDM, BECM, SOBMB, and ABS, but left all the rest of the below alone (like the doors and the RFA and BCM, etc.) . Check page 5 of the attached PDF. I'd ask about that.

Mike

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU5MMA09493_SW-5-16-22

Attachments

Last edited:

MyDutchMachE

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
It
Country flag
Hi, hope that you can help a dutch guy :) WF0TK1EM6MMA50120 . Many thanks …

LarsE

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
WF0TK3SU7MMA13254
Powerup 2.1.0 has been installed, maybe 10 times the last month. Maybe it's stuck. I don't know...
It would be awesome if someone could check my Vin.

AKPat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME GTPE, ‘14 F-350 DRW, ‘19 Edge ST
Country flag
Would appreciate it if someone could check mine: 3FMTK4SX1MME01208

Can't get Bluecruise to go hands free....

Thanks.

akshay99

First Name
Akshay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
Just Curious, would the Power-up's update all these modules that show up on FDRS in the future if we wait patiently or these can be only updated at the dealership.

Not sure why the dealerships are hesitant to complete these updates as intended. I have the CSP# 22B08 to be done on my car and every time I get some or the other excuses
  • We don't have the parts available from FORD not sure when we will receive it (not sure if you need physical parts for CSP someone in this group can shed more light on it)
  • Our internet is under upgrade and will take weeks to be done.
  • This is not a recall so should not a critical update

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Just Curious, would the Power-up's update all these modules that show up on FDRS in the future if we wait patiently or these can be only updated at the dealership.
Not all modules are OTA capable, but most are. I believe that all of the modules that are capable will get these updates OTA eventually.

akshay99

First Name
Akshay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
Not all modules are OTA capable, but most are. I believe that all of the modules that are capable will get these updates OTA eventually.
Do we know which modules definitely need physical updates rather than OTA?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Do we know which modules definitely need physical updates rather than OTA?
We do.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ota-updates-technical-info.4923/

To quote @breeves002 :

The modules that cannot be updated are the ACM (Audio Control Module), BCMC (Body Control Module C, or battery junction box/fuse box under hood), BECMB (Battery energy control module B), DSP (B&O), GSM (Gear shift module), OCS (occupant classification system/passenger seat airbag sensor), RGTM (rear gate/trunk module), and the WACM (wireless phone charger).
Sponsored