Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I haven't tried but I don't think so. I've noticed that on the list for my VIN the order is inconsistent.
Ya know...wouldn't it be awesome if that list was always in the order that they should be updated?

That would actually be smart.

Mike
Sponsored

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
With exception to perhaps TCU, GWM, I generally do start at the top and work down. Iā€™ve noticed for example PCM is always first which triggers the other modules

EDIT: I should add, I do the above in the absence of a TSB, otherwise I do what Iā€™m told šŸ˜‚

Last edited:

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I've been on 1.6 since I've gotten the car in October. Through that other app I saw the car had tried to download 1.7 a while back, but seems it got stuck.

Now I've been chatting with the dealership and Ford Norway about the stuck situation. Where the dealer says it'll get fixed OTA, and me having to force Ford Norway to force the dealership to take my car in...
I'm assuming they know about 22B08 ... https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10210898-0001.pdf and 22-2150 https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10210393-0001.pdf

wiceTroc1ty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

No idea. Dealer I bought the car at seems to be bothered every time I've asked their mechanic questions. It's also 200 km one way from home. So kinda pros and cons every time if I want it looked at.

A certified shop in my town should have all the tools and licenses to work on Ford EV, but they don't sell them.
Kinda hoping they'll take on the issues from now on. Will also pass on these documents to them. Thanks

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
No idea. Dealer I bought the car at seems to be bothered every time I've asked their mechanic questions. It's also 200 km one way from home. So kinda pros and cons every time if I want it looked at.

A certified shop in my town should have all the tools and licenses to work on Ford EV, but they don't sell them.
Kinda hoping they'll take on the issues from now on. Will also pass on these documents to them. Thanks
This is a known issue. 22B08 explains the issue and gives the basic process. If a repair is required, it refers to 22-2150 which requires removing an internal panel for direct USB/ethernet connection to modules.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Okay, so I'd like to seek some advice from folks who are doing their own updates. For giggles I dropped the $50 to take a gander at what FDRS is showing for software updates on my 4XP, and from the look of it, it appears I've not received much, except for one OTA that claims to have improved my Blue Cruise maps, big whoop.

Below are the outstanding updates, and of course, when I dig into the weeds the part numbers are not obviously matching what I've been seeing on the recall discussion for the PCM, BECM, SOBDMC and other key modules.

I have a job 2 car with a build date of 7 Jul 21, and I know the charge curve hasn't been updated per CSP 21P22, which I believe covers my build.

So the questions are do I try to schedule the car for service? It sounds like the Ford dealers are not responsive and it's not clear to me what "magic words" I need to use to get them to schedule an appointment for any of these updates. Or, do I just wait it out? Or, is it worth trying to find a generous soul close by to get these updates taken care of?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 1.16.12 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 1.16.31 PM

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
With exception to perhaps TCU, GWM, I generally do start at the top and work down. Iā€™ve noticed for example PCM is always first which triggers the other modules

EDIT: I should add, I do the above in the absence of a TSB, otherwise I do what Iā€™m told šŸ˜‚
I generally do the same unless I know the order the updates appeared (I keep track of the tooltip version as well). So, for example, I have been traveling and am behind on Job 2 updates so I would do GWM -> OBCC -> PCM/SOBDMC/BECM/SOBDMB. Overall I don't think it makes a difference as the modules which have dependencies install in one batch in the recommended order.

I also agree that if a TSB gives step-by-step then I will follow it. For example, I was planning to do someone's 21p22 before 21G01-S1 but Step 19 of 21G01-S1 is to run 21p22 if required so I went with the TSB.

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Okay, so I'd like to seek some advice from folks who are doing their own updates. For giggles I dropped the $50 to take a gander at what FDRS is showing for software updates on my 4XP, and from the look of it, it appears I've not received much, except for one OTA that claims to have improved my Blue Cruise maps, big whoop.

Below are the outstanding updates, and of course, when I dig into the weeds the part numbers are not obviously matching what I've been seeing on the recall discussion for the PCM, BECM, SOBDMC and other key modules.

I have a job 2 car with a build date of 7 Jul 21, and I know the charge curve hasn't been updated per CSP 21P22, which I believe covers my build.

So the questions are do I try to schedule the car for service? It sounds like the Ford dealers are not responsive and it's not clear to me what "magic words" I need to use to get them to schedule an appointment for any of these updates. Or, do I just wait it out? Or, is it worth trying to find a generous soul close by to get these updates taken care of?

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 1.16.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 1.16.31 PM.png
You are eligible for 21p22 which will take care of quite a few from this list. If you are having any issues then all of the rest have TSB's or SSM's which should get you the respective updates. 21P22

The recall updates should come via OTA. The updates from this weekend may or may not be the versions sent by OTA. 21P22 will install the latest versions of the recalled modules but there may be an additional OTA if the recall updates are newer.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
You are eligible for 21p22 which will take care of quite a few from this list. If you are having any issues then all of the rest have TSB's or SSM's which should get you the respective updates. 21P22

The recall updates should come via OTA. The updates from this weekend may or may not be the versions sent by OTA. 21P22 will install the latest versions of the recalled modules but there may be an additional OTA if the recall updates are newer.
So, I'm curious, when I log into my Ford Account and look at the status of my vehicle, it shows "No Recalls" and "No CSPs."

I'm not terribly surprised by the former, but I am wondering about the latter and its impact on the conversation Wed. morning when I role into the service lane.

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
So, I'm curious, when I log into my Ford Account and look at the status of my vehicle, it shows "No Recalls" and "No CSPs."

I'm not terribly surprised by the former, but I am wondering about the latter and its impact on the conversation Wed. morning when I role into the service lane.
Check in FordEtis which should show the CSP. Link My vehicle lists both the CSP and the recall.

You can also have them check the CSP which shows:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1656285133539

Chapschaps

First Name
Oneil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select Fusion energi
Country flag
Went to do the csp last week but donā€™t know if it was actually done can someone check my vin thanks in advance 3FMTK1RM5MMA34937

cknasaboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E California Route 1
Occupation
ISS and Orion Flight Controller
Country flag
You know what, Iā€™m finally just curious enough to ask: can someone look up 3FMTK2R78NMA13730?

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If someone could look up my VIN it would be greatly appreciated. 3FMTK3SU2MMA02680. TIA