Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, ‘21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OBCC is the one responsible for that.

Mike
Ok Mike, I thought so….
Dealer tried to update that module, but was having an issue with the usb…..
I am going back next Monday when a more knowledgeable tech will be in! Thanks for the response……. Bill P
Sponsored

Aulander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I had today the 22S41 update at the dealer and I don't know if other available modules were updated. Could anyone check my VIN WF0TK3SSXMMA37563 please?
Thank you very much.

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Sorry for the newbie questions - still trying to get this sorted and learn how versioning works with this stuff. Where in FDRS does one see this level of granularity in what they applied for me on 7/11? (BD on BECM, VB on SOBDMC so I'm one version behind the recall version) - and what is the recall version?
Here are the recall versions. FDRS really shows us three things: available updates, installed versions, and history. In the history we can see logs from while FDRS was connected which includes updates, module repair/configuration, and self test/DTC. We can also see where PTS lookups were made which gives insight into diagnostic steps and TSB’s used.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I had today the 22S41 update at the dealer and I don't know if other available modules were updated. Could anyone check my VIN WF0TK3SSXMMA37563 please?
Thank you very much.
28 Jun '21 build date, Job 1 car.

22S41 recall updates performed today.

But these are still available to be applied:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK3SSXMMA37563-18-July-22

Mike

tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Here are the recall versions. FDRS really shows us three things: available updates, installed versions, and history. In the history we can see logs from while FDRS was connected which includes updates, module repair/configuration, and self test/DTC. We can also see where PTS lookups were made which gives insight into diagnostic steps and TSB’s used.
Thanks a lot for this. I've been glued to these threads and reading through the FDRS DIY/tutorial threads, and geared up to install the updates... I got a 2 day license and plan to work on it tonight but was surprised to see that no new rev of SOBDMC is offered. I would've sworn that I saw in DevSecOps's Deployment Issues thread that the recall version became available again in FDRS days ago... yet I don't see it.

Edit: btw I deleted my post because I decided I didn't spend enough time walking every menu in FDRS before asking about it. Thanks for your patience!

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Thanks a lot for this. I've been glued to these threads and reading through the FDRS DIY/tutorial threads, and geared up to install the updates... I got a 2 day license and plan to work on it tonight but was surprised to see that no new rev of SOBDMC is offered. I would've sworn that I saw in DevSecOps's Deployment Issues thread that the recall version became available again in FDRS days ago... yet I don't see it.
It’s possible that it just wasn’t showing the latest version yet. If you look at installed updates you can see if it is now VC.

tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s possible that it just wasn’t showing the latest version yet. If you look at installed updates you can see if it is now VC.
I've got an ER AWD so I think it should be -F* according to the post. I'm still seeing -VB so I dunno. Going to see what I see when I physically connect it up in about an hour.

Edit - sorry my last few comments are slightly off-topic for this thread.

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I've got an ER AWD so I think it should be -F* according to the post. I'm still seeing -VB so I dunno. Going to see what I see when I physically connect it up in about an hour.

Edit - sorry my last few comments are slightly off-topic for this thread.
I had limited info on the 2022's when I created that list. There must have been an error. I just updated it to reflect that -VB is recall update for SOBDMC on 2022 ER AWD.

Looks like your updates are going well. If OBCC doesn't clear from your list you may need to rerun network test or restart FDRS and reconnect.

tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had limited info on the 2022's when I created that list. There must have been an error. I just updated it to reflect that -VB is recall update for SOBDMC on 2022 ER AWD.

Looks like your updates are going well. If OBCC doesn't clear from your list you may need to rerun network test or restart FDRS and reconnect.
Awesome! That's what I was hoping was the case. My handful of updates went great, I just finished and cleaned up in time to watch Better Call Saul and life is good. I did have to restart FDRS to get OBCC to clear but that did the trick. I just took a drive and all is well.

Thanks again for the guidance - there are some incredibly generous people on this forum and I wish I could buy you all a round of beverages.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well it looks like updates that would comprise the recall are available, but I can't speak to what versions would be applied based on the "tooltips" of these module updates.

So I would be looking out for an OTA if you do routinely get those. Or have a discussion with your service department...either way.

3FMTK3R77MMA58453-13-July-22.png
@Malacandra

Something you said in another post about the inability to schedule updates, and the fact that you were only able to schedule one day a week and even that wasn't working correctly made me relook at your VIN.

You have version MU5T-14G676-EC of the Sync software. What does the "About Sync" page show as the current version of your software?

First, the fact that you have no APIM software update showing as available when you clearly are on an older version (current version should be -EJ for your build) and the issues you're having with the time of your scheduled update reverting to something you didn't set it to makes me think you're APIM is "stuck" or that something else is going on.

You may need to schedule in for 22B08/22-2150 to have that looked at. Anybody with a '21 model car that still has -EC APIM software and has no available update showing in FDRS to a later revision has a problem.

Mike

Last edited:

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
@Malacandra

Something you said in another post about the inability to schedule updates, and the fact that you were only able to schedule one day a week and even that wasn't working correctly made me relook at your VIN.

You have version MU5T-14G676-EC of the Sync software. What does the "About Sync" page show as the current version of your software?

First, the fact that you have no APIM software update showing as available when you clearly are on an older version (current version should be -EJ for your build) and the issues you're having with the time of your scheduled update reverting to something you didn't set it to makes me think you're APIM is "stuck" or that something else is going on.

You may need to schedule in for 22B08/22-2150 to have that looked at. Anybody with a '21 model car that still has -EC APIM software and has no available update showing in FDRS to a later revision has a problem.

Mike
Isn't @Malacandra Job 2? Job 2 is only starting to see the first SYNC update going out to EA in the past couple of weeks. APIM hasn’t shown up in FDRS for anyone yet for some reason.

I’m still on -EC also. I haven’t looked to see if all Job 2 are -E but I think they may be.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Isn't @Malacandra Job 2? Job 2 is only starting to see the first SYNC update going out to EA in the past couple of weeks. APIM hasn’t shown up in FDRS for anyone yet for some reason.

I’m still on -EC also. I haven’t looked to see if all Job 2 are -E but I think they may be.
Okay, maybe that's it. That VIN is showing a lot of activity over several days where it was clear that the tech was trying to get something right. Lots of PMIs done on several modules. So clearly there were issues.

I still think there's a problem though when the time that he schedules his update reverts back to something he didn't set the next time he checks it.

Mike

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Okay, maybe that's it. That VIN is showing a lot of activity over several days where it was clear that the tech was trying to get something right. Lots of PMIs done on several modules. So clearly there were issues.

I still think there's a problem though when the time that he schedules his update reverts back to something he didn't set the next time he checks it.

Mike
I have to same issue when I go look at my download setting, it reverts back to 12 am. That only started when 2.8.2 downloaded.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have to same issue when I go look at my download setting, it reverts back to 12 am. That only started when 2.8.2 downloaded.
I don't want to speculate further on this because I do not get OTAs. I can say that I have read on some of these threads that the OTA 2.8.2 being delivered to '21 Job 2 cars has caused issues.

Maybe @DevSecOps or @WyldStallyn would care to comment.

Mike

EDIT:

Here's the list of available updates for your car, possibly that GWM update would solve the problem:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU2MMA66640-19-July-22

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't want to speculate further on this because I do not get OTAs. I can say that I have read on some of these threads that the OTA 2.8.2 being delivered to '21 Job 2 cars has caused issues.

Maybe @DevSecOps or @WyldStallyn would care to comment.

Mike
That’s my understanding and that 2.8.3 corrects it, I still haven't seen the .3 update and it’s been a week since .2 came along. I still can’t fathom why .2 gets downloaded when they know it has problems. My Fordpass which had worked perfectly before .2 and is now very funky.
Sponsored