Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

Klillico72

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I am curious if I gotnthe charging curve update. The dealer said the installed it was delivered but my curve is horrible.

3FMTK3SU6MMA64762

machme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GT
Country flag
@Mike G can you run my VIN for me? I did a FDRS update a few weeks ago and triple checking I did everything correctly.
3FMTK4SE8NMA19256

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Please get all the info on the electrical fix.
I couldn't get much detail on the electrical fix as I wasn't told my car was ready to collect until late in the afternoon after the tech had finished for the day. From what I gathered from the receptionist the car has been tested again using a 'pin test' and also been through a 'long soak' test and they have not been able to detect any high power draw now, though it may be that it just didn't happen while it was in the dealer. They've asked me to keep an eye on it.

Interestingly they did apply TSB-22-2300 which was triggered by finding a DTC. This TSB refers to the inability to charge from a high power charger which I've not experienced, though I did get a 'powertrain malfunction' message last month that went away again as soon as the car was switched off/on. As a result the OBCC was updated, or as may be following another discussion, downdated.

Wait and see if I get the same issues again. I did see from the widget that my 12V battery went up to 15V whilst it was there, probably because they had it plugged in for the update.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I am curious if I gotnthe charging curve update. The dealer said the installed it was delivered but my curve is horrible.

3FMTK3SU6MMA64762
19 Dec '21 build date, Job 2 car.

There is no evidence any programming was ever done during the three sessions this car was connected to FDRS. Jan 6th, 7th, and May 6th. On May 6th the tech spent some quality reading time on PTS looking up how to recover a module (22P08) but there's no indication that you had a module that needed recovery or that the procedure was attempted. Just light reading.

Here's the list of available updates and yes, the OBCC is listed:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU6MMA64762-11-Aug-22

Mike

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Mike G can you run my VIN for me? I did a FDRS update a few weeks ago and triple checking I did everything correctly.
3FMTK4SE8NMA19256
BCM and OBCC are the only two in the list.

You are currently on the -AN version of the OBCC and will be reverting to the -AM version when you "update". That may be a good thing because I understand that the rollback is actually an improved -AM.

Note the changes, some packages went forward, and some rolled back:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others Mach-E_OBCC_revisions

Mike

machme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GT
Country flag
BCM and OBCC are the only two in the list.

You are currently on the -AN version of the OBCC and will be reverting to the -AM version when you "update". That may be a good thing because I understand that the rollback is actually an improved -AM.

Note the changes, some packages went forward, and some rolled back:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others Mach-E_OBCC_revisions

Mike
Mike I appreciate the lookup and detailed response. Thanks! Connecting the mongoose this weekend.

reoquinn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
commercial pilot
Country flag
Hi Mike,

I have another day of my license with FRDS and wonder if I should get all the updates that are left. I have wacm, dsm, hvac, rfa and I think becm

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Hi Mike,

I have another day of my license with FRDS and wonder if I should get all the updates that are left. I have wacm, dsm, hvac, rfa and I think becm
Not Mike but:

I recommend the RFA for sure if you use PAAK.

PAAK has been greatly improved since I updated the RFA module. It opens on the first press 99% of the time. Doesn't matter if the car is awake or has gone to deep sleep. I have not experienced a complaint of no key detected while driving since the update. Before at least once a week the car would eventually let me in, start, and then immediately complain that no key was detected.

Last edited:

reoquinn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
commercial pilot
Country flag
Thank you for reply. I will definitely do the RFA. Thanks

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Mike,

Well I would.

Make sure your wipers are completely off and the stalk is not in "rain-sensing" auto position before you do the DSM. Cause wipers gonna wipe.

And on at least one of these you're cautioned to keep the doors closed (can't remember which one). So you may want to have all the windows down while doing this.

All of that may take an hour or possibly a bit longer.

Mike

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Well I would.

Make sure your wipers are completely off and the stalk is not in "rain-sensing" auto position before you do the DSM. Cause wipers gonna wipe.

And on at least one of these you're cautioned to keep the doors closed (can't remember which one). So you may want to have all the windows down while doing this.

All of that may take an hour or possibly a bit longer.

Mike
Hmm .... I don't recall one that has you keep the doors closed

reoquinn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
commercial pilot
Country flag
All done. thanks again. no problems, everything went very well.
Sponsored