Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

Track44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the quick reply. I do have adaptive cruise control with lane centering functioning. This is on Interstate 435 in Kansas which is a BC hands-free road and the car tells me it is available, at which point I activate the cruise control button and agree to be ready to resume control. If I take my hands off the wheel I get the warning bong and message. If I hold the steering wheel in a manor where my arm blocks the cameras from seeing my eyes I get the keep your eyes on the road message, all within the space of a few seconds. But, I never get the hands-free blue cruise screen, only adaptive cruise control with the hands on the wheel symbol

I have all three options selected under adaptive cruise control and I'm certain I have the lane-keeping function enabled on the steering wheel button as the adaptive cruise control with lane-centering works just fine. I'll check that again in the morning but I assume if it works with adaptive cruise control its been enabled via the steering wheel button. My adaptive cruise control with lane-centering has always worked.

I'll take the info you've provided with me to the next service appointment. Thanks so much for your help!
Hey Mike, sorry to bother you again, but since we last communicated I have received 3.5.4.2 on 10/18/22 and 10/19/22 and 10/21/22 and yet again today. I have an appointment on Thursday to see if they can figure out the Blue Cruise that they didn't get done in September. I'm just wondering if there have been any changes since y you ran my VIN a month ago. VIN 3FMTK3R7XMMA35748. Thanks.
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Hey Mike, sorry to bother you again, but since we last communicated I have received 3.5.4.2 on 10/18/22 and 10/19/22 and 10/21/22 and yet again today. I have an appointment on Thursday to see if they can figure out the Blue Cruise that they didn't get done in September. I'm just wondering if there have been any changes since y you ran my VIN a month ago. VIN 3FMTK3R7XMMA35748. Thanks.
Looks to me like the APIM got updated.

Here's today's list:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3R7XMMA35748-2-Nov-22

Mike

Aulander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
@Mike G
Hi Mike I ask for your help once more. I got the big SYNC update at the dealer and now under my subcriptions Alexa Built-in is ready for activation but no button to do it. On the SYNC screen no Alexa icon is visible. Could you check again my VIN WF0TK3SSXMMA37563 for pending updates or issues after the last update?
Thanks a lot in advance.

VindictivePantz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MACH-E Premium AWD w/ Ext. Battery
Country flag
Taking this in on Wednesday, mainly for SSM 50513 as it's very obvious it has that issue, and going to ask they take care of these. I'll post to see what happens/does not happen.
Took it in, told them ahead of time I needed the half-posts and they did not have them so I have to bring it in again in a few days.

Regardless, they allegedly performed updates, and I'm on 3.5.4.2, but I am not 100% confident they performed the updates listed as they've not given me the completed work order yet since the parts were outstanding. I mentioned the CSP to them a few times before and during - but not sure they did anything.

I also brought up that my BC is there, but "expired" and I have no option to re-enable it and they did not resolve, so will probably be calling the customer care line.

The CSP expiration is challenging for owners like me who picked up a used MME, and would not have known about it without this forum. Seems like Ford is just gambling and kicking the can down the road on some of those updates.

lereed15

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E select
Country flag
I was one of the people stuck on 1.7.1. The finally replaced my APIM and I got the car back last Thursday - after 66 days in the shop. They had to have a Ford engineer come onsite to assist.

It looks like I finally got unstuck with 1.7.1...but that is where it stands. My Sync 4 says revision 168 which I think is still over a year old. Is seems they didn't load any SW to bring it up-to-date and I still haven't received a single OTA.

Is this normal - after replacing the APIM they just get through the stuck update and then should I expect to get everything else via OTA over time? Do I just need to be more patient? I do have auto-updates on, but nothing has come through since I picked up the car.

Would someone be able to look up my vehicle to see if things look "as they should" 3FMTK1RM7MMA07710?

Thank you!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I was one of the people stuck on 1.7.1. The finally replaced my APIM and I got the car back last Thursday - after 66 days in the shop. They had to have a Ford engineer come onsite to assist.

It looks like I finally got unstuck with 1.7.1...but that is where it stands. My Sync 4 says revision 168 which I think is still over a year old. Is seems they didn't load any SW to bring it up-to-date and I still haven't received a single OTA.

Is this normal - after replacing the APIM they just get through the stuck update and then should I expect to get everything else via OTA over time? Do I just need to be more patient? I do have auto-updates on, but nothing has come through since I picked up the car.

Would someone be able to look up my vehicle to see if things look "as they should" 3FMTK1RM7MMA07710?

Thank you!
Looks like you got some "special" OTAs on Oct 25th to update the APIM with custom config. Not sure if the dealer was supposed to update the software further after that or not, but nothing happened. Did they say if you were supposed to get an OTA soon with the full update?

lereed15

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E select
Country flag
Looks like you got some "special" OTAs on Oct 25th to update the APIM with custom config. Not sure if the dealer was supposed to update the software further after that or not, but nothing happened. Did they say if you were supposed to get an OTA soon with the full update?
Thank you Lee, I appreciate you looking it up. No, they said I was "all up-to-date". I will follow up with them I guess. Grrrr..

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Mike G
Hi Mike I ask for your help once more. I got the big SYNC update at the dealer and now under my subcriptions Alexa Built-in is ready for activation but no button to do it. On the SYNC screen no Alexa icon is visible. Could you check again my VIN WF0TK3SSXMMA37563 for pending updates or issues after the last update?
Thanks a lot in advance.
You do have a gateway module (GWM) and the HVAC we all got last week showing as available.

I know you said you don't have an Alexa button at the top of your screen near the Profile button but if you go into the menus and scroll all the way to the bottom is there not an Alexa button showing there? If you have the update that enables Alexa, and even if you didn't activate it yet, there should be an Alexa menu item at the bottom of your menu list.

Mike

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Hey @Mike G do you mind looking up my VIN? I cleared my list a month or so ago but got an OTA yesterday so I'm curious what's still available

3FMTK3SUXMMA10610

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you Lee, I appreciate you looking it up. No, they said I was "all up-to-date". I will follow up with them I guess. Grrrr..
CSP 21P22 was done on the 14th of March.

According to ETIS you have not had the HVJB Welded Contactor (22S41) done yet and are eligible to have that done in the shop.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK1RM7MMA07710-3-Nov-22ETIS

You do show an available APIM (Sync) update in your list:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK1RM7MMA07710-3-Nov-22

Double-check your OTA software update settings in Sync to make sure they're correct and call your service advisor to ask if you have any OTAs pending on their PTS OTA "dashboard". They can tell you that over the phone.

Mike

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey @Mike G do you mind looking up my VIN? I cleared my list a month or so ago but got an OTA yesterday so I'm curious what's still available

3FMTK3SUXMMA10610
HVAC only sir.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

According to ETIS you have not had the HVJB Welded Contactor (22S41) done yet and are eligible to have that done in the shop.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK1RM7MMA07710-3-Nov-22

Double-check your OTA software update settings in Sync to make sure they're correct and call your service advisor to ask if you have any OTAs pending on their PTS OTA "dashboard". They can tell you that over the phone.

Mike
@lereed15 it's also surprising they gave it back to you without having done the recall update either.

Mike, you'll get a kick out of this because it looks like they tried to do Module Update Repair on the new APIM...luckily it didn't let them. Good thing, otherwise it might have locked and she would have had to wait 2 months again for another APIM.

lereed15

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E select
Country flag

Mike
OH my gosh - the 22S41 was the whole reason it was there to begin with and they couldn't do it until they replaced the APIM. I feel so defeated at this point. Thank you for the info.

lereed15

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E select
Country flag
OH my gosh - the 22S41 was the whole reason it was there to begin with and they couldn't do it until they replaced the APIM. I feel so defeated at this point. Thank you for the info.
I have automatic updates turned on - is there anything more I should be doing for this?
Sponsored