Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
OH my gosh - the 22S41 was the whole reason it was there to begin with and they couldn't do it until they replaced the APIM. I feel so defeated at this point. Thank you for the info.
If your APIM was still stuck, as in right now...it still wouldn't have any impact on the ability or functionality of programming the 22S41 recall updates. If that's what they told you they clearly are struggling with basic concepts.

Programming the PCM, BECM, SOBDM, SOBDMC, (and SOBDMB if you have AWD) have nothing to do with the APIM. Zero. And neither does programming the doors, or even the BCM, or GSM, or HVAC....

They must have gotten tired.....
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have automatic updates turned on - is there anything more I should be doing for this?
Well auto updates on and you've set a schedule....is your Sync at a version where you can schedule more than one day a week or is it still back in the 'one day a week if you're lucky' mode?

If it's still at one day a week you'll have to drive the car around in an area with good AT&T cell coverage and keep an eye out on the top of your screen for the update indicator saying you have one pending and then just manually set it to update when you get home. As soon as you get home.

Mike

lereed15

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E select
Country flag
Well auto updates on and you've set a schedule....is your Sync at a version where you can schedule more than one day a week or is it still back in the 'one day a week if you're lucky' mode?

If it's still at one day a week you'll have to drive the car around in an area with good AT&T cell coverage and keep an eye out on the top of your screen for the update indicator saying you have one pending and then just manually set it to update when you get home. As soon as you get home.

Mike
Thank you for the additional info Mike. It is still at the point where you can only set 1 day per week. When I try to set it, it won't save. It just stays on that screen with no confirmation/response anything. The only way to get out of the screen is to cancel. We do drive it in areas with good AT&T coverage and have never gotten the download indicator. I think I'm to the point where I just need to start a lemon law claim.

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Hi Mike
Took my Mach e to the dealer Tuesday to do the last recall update. I hope they can get it removed from the recall status. I asked them to do the doors too. Can you check for me.
Thanks
3FMTK3R77MMA65595

Aulander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
You do have a gateway module (GWM) and the HVAC we all got last week showing as available.

I know you said you don't have an Alexa button at the top of your screen near the Profile button but if you go into the menus and scroll all the way to the bottom is there not an Alexa button showing there? If you have the update that enables Alexa, and even if you didn't activate it yet, there should be an Alexa menu item at the bottom of your menu list.

Mike
Thank you very much Mike. Alexa is missing also in the settings menu list. With HVAC do you mean the update to improve the heat capability at or below -15C/5F?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you very much Mike. Alexa is missing also in the settings menu list. With HVAC do you mean the update to improve the heat capability at or below -15C/5F?
Yes, that one.

Maybe that GWM might help get things moving with Alexa. I seem to recall there was an APIM then a GWM and finally a TCU in that order... although I could be misremembering.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Mike
Took my Mach e to the dealer Tuesday to do the last recall update. I hope they can get it removed from the recall status. I asked them to do the doors too. Can you check for me.
Thanks
3FMTK3R77MMA65595
Well Tuesday nothing happened except looking up your VIN in PTS.

Today is when they did the 22S41 recall sequence, and also curiously looked up the TSB 22-2404, which is the TSB that superseded the TSB 22-2150 for stuck modules. 🤔

No evidence they did a 'Module Update Repair' procedure though...

And it was 3:44 when they knocked off....without doing your doors.......or that pesky TCU that is still there....or the BCM/GFM frunk combo fix.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3R77MMA65595-3-Nov-22

Mike

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Well Tuesday nothing happened except looking up your VIN in PTS.

Today is when they did the 22S41 recall sequence, and also curiously looked up the TSB 22-2404, which is the TSB that superseded the TSB 22-2150 for stuck modules. 🤔

No evidence they did a 'Module Update Repair' procedure though...

And it was 3:44 when they knocked off....without doing your doors.......or that pesky TCU that is still there....or the BCM/GFM frunk combo fix.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3R77MMA65595-3-Nov-22

Mike
I’ll just finish the rest of the modules myself. I wanted them to do the recall update. Now Hopefully the recall message will be removed.
After they stopped today I received OTA
Thanks Mike

Last edited:

Brutus

First Name
marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford mustanf E mach SR
Country flag
hi mike my car went to the dealer today and they indicate that an update has taken place. would you check this please greetings Marco WF0TK1EM4MMA37785

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
hi mike my car went to the dealer today and they indicate that an update has taken place. would you check this please greetings Marco WF0TK1EM4MMA37785
Marco, here's what got updated today:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK1EM4MMA37785-4-Nov-22Work

And here's what you still have available:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK1EM4MMA37785-4-Nov-22

Mike

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
I’ll just finish the rest of the modules myself. I wanted them to do the recall update. Now Hopefully the recall message will be removed.
After they stopped today I received OTA
Thanks Mike
My car is still in the shop. Not sure what they are doing. Can you see if they updated anymore software. Thanks
3FMTK3R77MMA65595

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Wondering if I have a RFA update available for this VIN - 3FMTK3SU7MMA66679

bfleischer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV, 2015 Honda CRV
Occupation
Director - Information Systems
Country flag
as in rig
Hi Mike - I was referred to your post by another helpful member - have PAK problems - may be RFA related. Could you look this one up if you are able? 3FMTK3SU2MMA61096
Thanks!

lereed15

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E select
Country flag
CSP 21P22 was done on the 14th of March.

According to ETIS you have not had the HVJB Welded Contactor (22S41) done yet and are eligible to have that done in the shop.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK1EM4MMA37785-4-Nov-22

You do show an available APIM (Sync) update in your list:

Double-check your OTA software update settings in Sync to make sure they're correct and call your service advisor to ask if you have any OTAs pending on their PTS OTA "dashboard". They can tell you that over the phone.

Mike
I called yesterday with my concerns and asked them to check the dashboard as you suggested. Initially, they told me to just me more patient and the recall info would go away from the app and updates would come through. After looking deeper into things, they called back today and asked if they could come pick my car up and they have a Ford engineer coming out to the dealership to look at it again on Monday. Fingers crossed they get this resolved! Thanks for all the help and advice!