Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

Obie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium 4X
Country flag
Can someone check my vin please? I got a notification that I had some updates that I needed to do and want to know what they are before I pull the trigger on another 3d license.

Thanks in advance!

3FMTK3SU6MMA27937
Sponsored

Jayc

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Thanks Mike 👍
I'm supprised 😁A lot of updates available. Maybe I should pay the dealer a visit?
Hi Mike,
May I ask you to run a vin check again? My car has been at the dealer over a week and picked it up today 😊. The OTA hasn't been working. The dealer struggled to update the car and needed to take assist from a Ford technician from Norway 😇He apperently did some coding to fix it?
Would you be so kind and have a look, thank you so much.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Request may have been buried during FDRS outage, if you have a chance (Canadian vehicle if it makes a difference).

Appreciate a check on update status, VIN 3FMTK3SU8NMA32171. Build date July 2022, and delivery Oct 2022, concerned as there has been no OTA updates since the vehicle was put in service even though everything appears to have been configured properly, WiFi and automatic updates etc. Dealer says unless the vehicle is showing fault status there is nothing they can do. Thanks
Here's your list:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU8NMA32171-2-Dec-22

Mike

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can someone check my vin please? I got a notification that I had some updates that I needed to do and want to know what they are before I pull the trigger on another 3d license.

Thanks in advance!

3FMTK3SU6MMA27937
You're welcome:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU6MMA27937-2-Dec-22

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Mike,
May I ask you to run a vin check again? My car has been at the dealer over a week and picked it up today 😊. The OTA hasn't been working. The dealer struggled to update the car and needed to take assist from a Ford technician from Norway 😇He apperently did some coding to fix it?
Would you be so kind and have a look, thank you so much.
Yeah they clearly were struggling with APIM, GWM, and TCU, updates and doing a PMI on all of them etc....

Here's your list:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK1EM4MMA33798-2-Dec-22

Still got that GWM showing up....and that HVAC update is a freebie under program 22B28. You might ask about that.

Mike

Jayc

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Yeah they clearly were struggling with APIM, GWM, and TCU, updates and doing a PMI on all of them etc....

Here's your list:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK1EM4MMA33798-2-Dec-22

Still got that GWM showing up....and that HVAC update is a freebie under program 22B28. You might ask about that.

Mike
Cheers Mike! Great information, thank you so much again 🙏

Raybdc97

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Na
Country flag
Ok 3rd is the charm right?

Service says they double and triple checked that everything was updated...let's see if their word is worth it?

Can I get a drumroll and a check on vin # 3FMTK3SU8MMA08788

Please and thank you.
Doc Ray

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok 3rd is the charm right?

Service says they double and triple checked that everything was updated...let's see if their word is worth it?

Can I get a drumroll and a check on vin # 3FMTK3SU8MMA08788

Please and thank you.
Doc Ray
So ...who does just three of the four door modules and sends you home that way?

And since the GFM didn't get done there's no Frunk access with the door keypad.

And the RFA would help with the PAAK functions...

They must want you to come back over and over....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU8MMA08788-2-Dec-22

Raybdc97

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Na
Country flag
So ...who does just three of the four door modules and sends you home that way?

And since the GFM didn't get done there's no Frunk access with the door keypad.

And the RFA would help with the PAAK functions...

They must want you to come back over and over....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU8MMA08788-2-Dec-22
Geeeeze man....
Is this normal dealer behavior?

I mean wth?
Thanks Mike,
Doc Ray

Here I go again...

Raybdc97

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Na
Country flag
If some is available to run this real quick I'd super appreciate it...

Vin 3FMTK3SU8MMA08788

I'm still being told it's fully updated...
The excuse they used was maybe it didn't update on fords end that all the modules are completed...

I find this unlikely...but I want to be sure before I put this service department on blast...

How long should it take to update in the FDRS system anyway???

Thanks as always,
My best,
Doc Ray

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Damn! Trying this tonight!!! Thanks 👍

But let me tell ya glad I clicked through the link - as Fuse #53 was gonna be hard as hell to find 😅
Be careful removing the interior fuse box cover under the glove compartment. It easily snaps/pops out at the bottom but has tabs through slots at the top. Without removing the insulation panel the tabs/slots can’t be easily seen.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 201D86A0-2077-437F-8AAE-130374B3FB37

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If some is available to run this real quick I'd super appreciate it...

Vin 3FMTK3SU8MMA08788

I'm still being told it's fully updated...
The excuse they used was maybe it didn't update on fords end that all the modules are completed...

I find this unlikely...but I want to be sure before I put this service department on blast...

How long should it take to update in the FDRS system anyway???

Thanks as always,
My best,
Doc Ray
It's normally an immediate update.

Here's the list as of this afternoon:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU8MMA08788-3-Dec-22

...and just so you and your service advisor are referencing the same fairy tale...here's the session log from December 1st showing exactly what was done and what time it was done. You can clearly see he never attempted to update that 4th door module...and look at the time...it was quitting time....and I'll bet that's exactly what was driving this...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU8MMA08788-3-Dec-22Work

So the last thing that was done was programming the extra key fob...blew off the H door module completely and are now trying to say they did it but it didn't register on Ford's server. PuuLeeze!

Raybdc97

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Na
Country flag
Thanks Mike...
That's how I'm reading it too...

Just to confirm...
There were no sessions logged on Dec 2nd right...? These sessions are only from Dec 1st yes?.

You're awesome,
Thanks
Doc Ray

LarsE

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Hi!
Could someone check my vin before i go to the dealer?
I haven't received any OTA since july this year. I'm on powerup 2.6 I think. The frunk button on the key fob doesn't work, and i'm having issues with the door buttons, not working some times.
WF0TK3SU7MMA13254
I have a First Edition.
Thanks in advance🙂

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Mike...
That's how I'm reading it too...

Just to confirm...
There were no sessions logged on Dec 2nd right...? These sessions are only from Dec 1st yes?.

You're awesome,
Thanks
Doc Ray
There were no programming sessions using FDRS on 2 Dec.

Your VIN was run in PTS (companion system to FDRS) probably by the service advisor trying to determine what had been done and what your vehicle's status was. Also whoever it was looked up all the instructions for the Field Service Actions for the glass recall, extra key fob, HVAC update and the CSP 21P22 programming update. I'm sure they were trying to make sure they covered everything.

Service Desks use PTS. It shows them faults that a car has set (DTCs) and also what OTAs are doing (in progress, completed, failed, etc.) and provides an OTA history dating back 60 days. PTS is also where you'd find all OASIS messages, repair instructions, wiring diagrams, warranty info. etc.

Techs will likely have both PTS access as well as the FDRS access they need to do programing and diagnostics. But when somebody looks up your VIN in PTS the record goes to the cloud where it's also shown in the FDRS session log with entries preceded by "PTS :" meaning that it's not a programming event, just somebody looking up something in relation to your VIN.

Here's what that looked like on the 2nd:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU8MMA08788-4-Dec-22Work

I'll bet you were on the phone to them around that time....
Sponsored