Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

desiato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
You've got a few things going on:

APIM B108E:01 - Bad display, see SSM 50994: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...on-and-entertainment-screen.18884/post-486513
Ah, I figured we had this problem. But I've never had to reset the display often or consistently enough to make it something I was worried about. At least now I know that when I bring it in for 10K service or something else, I can tell them to apply that SSM.

CCM C1A67:97 - Cruise control radar blocked. Make sure the area between the grille shutters is clear of ice and snow.
Yep, we had some snow recently. I got the notification in FordPass about this as well.

I'm not seeing any charging codes, this is my best guess: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...24-code-and-possible-12v-battery-drain.23525/

3.6.2 tried to install last night but failed. Perhaps related to the charging disruption.

You do NOT have a HVBJB issue. 3.6.2 is installing now. Vehicle is put into inhibit mode so charging will stop.
I'm not sure why 3.6.2 is (trying to) install -- I just got 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 in the last week. The inhibit mode makes sense though, as I think the timing of the charge fault coincides closely with my scheduled update time of 2am. Unfortunately, that particular fault seems to be gone from my FordPass log!

Anyway, I'm really glad it's not the HVBJB. We have a critical need for wheels this week and I did not want to have to go through the hoops of getting the car diagnosed by a dealer, getting a rental, etc.

A quick update on the status: I wanted to check if the SVS message was still present this morning. I tried getting in the car via PaaK like I normally do (which has been working very well for me) and it was noticeably slow to wake up and let me in. Once I got in, I got the "No key detected" message. I decided to just go get my fob, and upon starting the car got a "12V battery fault, service soon" message. However, it cleared/went away faster than I could even acknowledge with the OK button on the steering wheel. I've plugged the car in to charge and it seems to be fine now!

Again, big thanks to @Mach-Lee and others in this forum. I have peace of mind now without having to go through the rigamarole with a dealership. I did order an ODBII reader on Sunday so I can diagnose some of these things myself in the future!
Sponsored

Last edited:

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE4X Prem, 2020 GRSupra, 2016 Corvette Z51
Country flag
@Mach-Lee a general OTA update question. Is it better to set Auto Updates to Off? Then accept when home and connected to Wifi or good cell signal?

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
Well here's the list of updates shown in FDRS as of this morning:
3FMTK3RM8MMA45555-23-Jan-23.png

I'm wondering now...and this is for anybody reading this...is Ford going to update any of these Job 2 cars that all have cruise-control related updates in their list? I mean they all seem to have CCM, CMR, IPMA, PSCM, and often ABS updates, that just stay there. What's that about?
I just got a bunch of modules done including the cruise control modules. There’s a TSB related to them if you can find an issue where it might be covered. I went in to the dealer because I had the HVAC CSP but also complained to the dealer that I was 4 PowerUps behind as well. They had my car all afternoon and cleared my entire list.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi. I plugged in our charger last night and it charged for about 5 hours and then stopped according to the logs and messaging on FordPass. Tried unplugging and replugging and got the red circle of charging lights. Getting in the car, the "Service Vehicle Soon" message was on the dash. Can someone check 3FMTK1SSXMMA40855 for diagnostic codes (and I guess software module status) to see if this is the HVBJB issue? I imagine I'll get no info from a dealer until tomorrow at the earliest.

Thanks!
Good morning! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this service vehicle soon concern for you? Thank you!

desiato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Anyway, I'm really glad it's not the HVBJB. We have a critical need for wheels this week and I did not want to have to go through the hoops of getting the car diagnosed by a dealer, getting a rental, etc.

A quick update on the status: I wanted to check if the SVS message was still present this morning. I tried getting in the car via PaaK like I normally do (which has been working very well for me) and it was noticeably slow to wake up and let me in. Once I got in, I got the "No key detected" message. I decided to just go get my fob, and upon starting the car got a "12V battery fault, service soon" message. However, it cleared/went away faster than I could even acknowledge with the OK button on the steering wheel. I've plugged the car in to charge and it seems to be fine now!
Another update: just got contacted by Ford who let me know that I am showing codes (or there is other information in their system) that indicate HVBJB issues and so I'll need to have it serviced 😬

Last edited:

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Prem 4X (sold) and 2022 Space White GTPE
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
This is the list from this morning's FDRS check:
3FMTK4SX6NMA19290-23-Jan-23.png

All of that would be about an hour and 20 minutes. Of course then there's whatever they have to do to sort out your OTA issue though....
Thanks....They are having trouble sorting out my OTA issue :-(. Last I heard an hour ago, my service rep said that there was a 'slew of issues' that are causing it not to update....but he didn't say what they were. Just that he was going to try and get them figured out so I can have my car back at the end of the day.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I took my car into the dealership today regarding lack of OTA updates. He said he pushed a Powertrain update - not sure of any others - and said my APIM is now showing an error. He returned the car to me while awaiting more info from Ford. I obviously didn't get the updated interface. Frustrating.

@Mike G - when you get a sec can you run me again to see my latest list? I'm at a loss. Extremely frustrated that Ford and my dealership can't work together to get this fixed.

3FMTK3SU7MMA10791 Thanks!

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I took my car into the dealership today regarding lack of OTA updates. He said he pushed a Powertrain update - not sure of any others - and said my APIM is now showing an error. He returned the car to me while awaiting more info from Ford. I obviously didn't get the updated interface. Frustrating.

@Mike G - when you get a sec can you run me again to see my latest list? I'm at a loss. Extremely frustrated that Ford and my dealership can't work together to get this fixed.

3FMTK3SU7MMA10791 Thanks!
This is what you have available right now. If they do the GWM, the APIM update will appear.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1674502405425

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
This is what you have available right now. If they do the GWM, the APIM update will appear.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1674502405425
Thanks. Any reason to do the other three updates? If an update is available, shouldn't it be applied? Or only if I am experiencing a certain problem?

And assuming the GWM (and then APIM) updates are applied, will this get me unstuck as to future OTA updates?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Thanks. Any reason to do the other three updates? If an update is available, shouldn't it be applied? Or only if I am experiencing a certain problem?

And assuming the GWM (and then APIM) updates are applied, will this get me unstuck as to future OTA updates?
The DSM is a fix that keeps the front seat from not going to the preset every time. (I think it just lowers sensitivity for resistance in the motor)

I'm not sure what version of OBCC, but I don't think its come OTA yet.

You likely are un-stuck already. That was an issue on Ford's end and has been identified and resolved. I just am not sure when they will re-push those to cars that missed it during that time.

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag

I would tell the service advisor you’re having issues charging your newer model iPhone for the WACM module update. It is also not a module that can be updated OTA.
The OBCC helps with DC charging so tell them you have issues charging on the road.

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
Hi there chaps. My car hasn't received an update since Nov. I'm on 3.6.1 - Could someone let me know if there are some issues blocking me? also, i'm uncertain if my car has the faster charging to 90% feature.

Sorry if i am not being descriptive enough in my request but heres my vin. Would be cool to know what I don't have just yet: 3FMTK1SS2MMA61165

Nerwyn

First Name
Nerwyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Ford MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Well here's the list of updates shown in FDRS as of this morning:

I'm wondering now...and this is for anybody reading this...is Ford going to update any of these Job 2 cars that all have cruise-control related updates in their list? I mean they all seem to have CCM, CMR, IPMA, PSCM, and often ABS updates, that just stay there. What's that about?
Thanks Mike. Do you think it's worth going into the dealer to get these updates, and if any of them are 3.6.2 or can at least get me unstuck and start getting updates OTA again?