Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
Hi Mike,
Didn’t get the usual service advisor, so not exactly sure what updates I got. I assume I got the APIM updated as it now shows Version 713 in ‘About Sync’. The advisor just wrote “Found Couple Modules Failed Update. Update all Necessary Modules.” Whatever that means.
3FMTK3SSXMMA50149
Thanks,
Mark
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Hi Mike,
Didn’t get the usual service advisor, so not exactly sure what updates I got. I assume I got the APIM updated as it now shows Version 713 in ‘About Sync’. The advisor just wrote “Found Couple Modules Failed Update. Update all Necessary Modules.” Whatever that means.
3FMTK3SSXMMA50149
Thanks,
Mark
Looks like they updated successfully so you should be good now with the latest APIM and GWM.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Good afternoon. I have a 22 Premier built in December 21. I've been stuck on 3.6.1 forever now and have been getting the runaround from the OTA team. The dealer says everything is up to date and they opened a ticket with Ford who wouldn't even run the VIN and just said to make sure the battery was charged and to set it up on wifi - sigh... record of the second service after the dealer had confirmed all modules were up to date follows:

Customer’s description of vehicle concern

CUSTOMER STATES VEHICLE SHOULD BE AT POWER UP VERSION 4.1.2 AND HAS BEEN AT 3.6.1 SINCE OCTOBER

Please list any diagnostics already performed, including results of any TSB, GSBs or Pinpoint Test

NO CODES PRESENT, ALL MODULES ARE UP TO DATE

Parts Replaced, including service part number if available

NONE

What is the level of the scan tool being used? Are any error messages noted?

Your Question:

CUSTOMERS VEHICLE DISPLAY SAYS VEHICLE IS UP TO DATE, HOW CAN I CHECK TO SEE IF THERES AN UPDATE THE VEHICLE NEEDS FOR IT TO BE AT VERSION 4.1.2. CUSTOMER ALSO STATES HE SPOKE TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND THAT HIS VEHICLE SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED THE NEWEST UPDATE

Can the concern be duplicated?:

Yes

Check service history. Is this a repeat repair?:

No

Have you compared the customer's vehicle to a like or similar vehicle?:

Yes

Have you performed all applicable published service information?(Service Procedure, TSB, FSA, etc.)?:

Yes

Is the vehicle commercially used?

No

Can the vehicle still be operated by the customer?

Yes

Ruri
Thank you for contacting us,

It is important to note that not all vehicles will be qualified for every power up or OTA update based on the way the vehicle is equipped. With this being the case comparing power up updates on multiple vehicles may not be the most valid method of determining if a vehicle is fully updated.

However with this vehicle having not completed an update in the last couple months we may be looking at a concern with something preventing the updates from completing. With this being the case lets ensure that we are not looking at something preventing an OTA update from completing

For further information about OTA and in turn power up updates we can review the information in the owner’s manual we can see that for the non-running update to complete we will need to ensure that the vehicle is not experiencing any of the following.

Your vehicle is running.
Your vehicle is switched on.
Your vehicle is not parked.
The 12 V battery charge is too low.
The hazard indicators are switched on.
The alarm is sounding.
The doors are open.
The parking lamps are switched on.
You are pressing the brake pedal.
An emergency call is in process.
Your vehicle is in limp home mode.
This information can be found on page 391 of the owner’s manual.
Additionally please ensure that the Vehicle has all of the connected vehicle features in the APIM enabled as well as the connected vehicle features in the Ford Pass app.

With all of the conditions met we will need to wait until the next update is sent out to this vehicle."

Well, nope. Still no updates. Can someone here check my system with FDRS and suggest next steps or help somehow?

3FMTK3R71NMA01568

Tom
You have an APIM and HVAC update showing up, ask your dealer to apply the APIM update.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1679373998572

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Would you be able to run this vin for me?
3FMTK3RM6MMA35834

I have never had access to any of the driving modes since I got the car. Just wondering if I'm missing any updates.
You just got 4.2.1 today, so you should get 4.2.2 soon. I see a few other things.

You previous had a right front camera failure on Mar 6th and 9th. That also seemed to coincide with an IPMA internal data bus failure. Possible wiring issue or IPMA failure.

You have a bad SYNC display screen that should be replaced. See SSM 50994: #21

I don't think those would affect your ability to select drive modes, but I'd wait and see what happens after you get 4.2.2.

Code0101

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Extended RWD
Country flag
Need this one searched if possible please!! 3FMTK4SX8NMA03009

Bussin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE premium AWD
Country flag
Just received powertrain malfunction and high voltage battery warning. Can someone please look up:
3FMTK3SU7MMA01802

Schmedlack

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Escape S 1925 Ford Tudor (2-door)
Occupation
Trader
Hey All:

My vehicke is having 12V Battery charging issues.

Could someone please look up 3FMTK2R74MMA06465 ?

This will really help me to communicate with my dealer.

Thanks In Advance!

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey All:

Thanks In Advance!
What type of 12v charging issues?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Just received powertrain malfunction and high voltage battery warning. Can someone please look up:
3FMTK3SU7MMA01802
Unfortunately no reports.

Hey All:

Thanks In Advance!
No reports for you either. You just got 4.2.1 today so the 12V is probably low from performing the OTA update. Try to drive the car for 30+ minutes to recharge it.

chesteroberto

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
VIN 3FMTK3RM1MMA56588

I'm now on PowerUp 4.2.2, and I'm wondering if a DSM update is still outstanding for this vehicle or has been updated with the recent OTA updates. I've having an issue with inconsistent "easy exit" return to driving position upon restart, even though the profile is correct. I wasn't able to previously convince my dealer to update the DSM to see if that corrected the issue.

Thanks very much for this valuable service to the forum!

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi.... 12V Battery fault warnings occuring randomly when starting. Voltage <11.5 VDC.
Someone recommended me shutting off wake up lights. I have not had an issue since I did that.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Would you be able to run this vin for me?
3FMTK3RM6MMA35834

I have never had access to any of the driving modes since I got the car. Just wondering if I'm missing any updates.
26 May '21 build date, Job 1 car.

Here's the list of available updates:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3RM6MMA35834-22-Mar-23

There is no service history in FDRS for this car before 23 Nov '21. You do show an APIM (Sync) update in your list.

Did you ever have CSP 21P22 done? I'm assuming you do have working BlueCruise due to the lack of CCM related module updates in this list.

I've never heard of anyone not being able to select drive modes. This is a RWD SR battery car correct?
Sponsored