Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
If I take this to the dealer and tell them these modules need updating will they update them or does there have to be an issue with something not functioning properly in the car for them to do them. Only reason I’m asking is because I took it in once and they told me everything is up to date which clearly it is not
In some cases modules are updated when there is a customer concern. Like the RFA would get updated if you said you were having Bluetooth connectivity issues between your car and your phone (PAAK etc.). Or the DSM module would get updated if you complained that your driver's seat and mirror settings are not adjusting to the profile for the keyfob that's in use at the time. Like you get in with your keyfob in your pocket but the seats and mirrors either don't adjust, or adjust to a profile for another driver in your household.

Then there are other more generalized things like the fact that you're on an old version of Sync and you're not getting PowerUps like you're supposed to.

Simply telling you "You're up to date and there are no updates for you" at the service desk when your Sync (as an example) is on a version somewhere around 473 and the current revision is 713. That's a problem. And if you aren't getting OTAs then they need to diagnose why that is. Simply telling you that Ford isn't sending you updates and that's why you're not getting them is disingenuous.

You need to make an appointment and/or open a case with Ford to find out why you're car isn't getting OTAs and get it diagnosed and corrected under warranty. You may have a module (gateway, Sync, TCU) that may have corrupted data and that's why you're not getting updates. But they need to figure out what the problem is.

Here's the TSB for performing the module repair procedure to diagnose if you have a problem with corrupted data, and also the link to Tonesto's PowerUp page to use as a reference for PowerUps you haven't gotten so far.
Sponsored

Attachments

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for your always- welcomed feedback! I’ll keep you posted on developments! Appreciate your knowledge………….. Bill P
That gateway did clear off the list and was replaced by an APIM (Sync) update. So that should be in the process or already have downloaded for you.

Knuckles39

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
In some cases modules are updated when there is a customer concern. Like the RFA would get updated if you said you were having Bluetooth connectivity issues between your car and your phone (PAAK etc.). Or the DSM module would get updated if you complained that your driver's seat and mirror settings are not adjusting to the profile for the keyfob that's in use at the time. Like you get in with your keyfob in your pocket but the seats and mirrors either don't adjust, or adjust to a profile for another driver in your household.

Then there are other more generalized things like the fact that you're on an old version of Sync and you're not getting PowerUps like you're supposed to.

Simply telling you "You're up to date and there are no updates for you" at the service desk when your Sync (as an example) is on a version somewhere around 473 and the current revision is 713. That's a problem. And if you aren't getting OTAs then they need to diagnose why that is. Simply telling you that Ford isn't sending you updates and that's why you're not getting them is disingenuous.

You need to make an appointment and/or open a case with Ford to find out why you're car isn't getting OTAs and get it diagnosed and corrected under warranty. You may have a module (gateway, Sync, TCU) that may have corrupted data and that's why you're not getting updates. But they need to figure out what the problem is.

Here's the TSB for performing the module repair procedure to diagnose if you have a problem with corrupted data, and also the link to Tonesto's PowerUp page to use as a reference for PowerUps you haven't gotten so far.
Thank you. Last question, if no luck at dealer, how do I open a case with ford?

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I think you're looking for this gateway in the list...that would solve your maps problem:
3FMTK4SE4PMA16471-2-May-23.png

And tell them you're having PAAK problems and your windows get foggy and you are having errors when you connect to fast charge while you're at it... ;)
My Vehicle just did the Power-Up 4.2.1, which I saw commented on as the GWM update. Anyone know if that means I'm down to three now?

cryptk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, Blazer EV RS (reserved)
Country flag
Hello friendly FDRS people!

I'm hoping to get my Mach-E in to have updates applied soon, can someone kindly look up VIN 3FMTK4SXXPMA04746 and let me know what module updates are available?

Thanks!

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
My Vehicle just did the Power-Up 4.2.1, which I saw commented on as the GWM update. Anyone know if that means I'm down to three now?
That GWM is now replaced with an APIM module, so you are still with 4 modules in your list.

Callerpj

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw T5, mach-E ordered
Country flag
28 Sep '22 build date.

Here's the list of available updates:
WF0TK1E75NMA59130-28-Apr-23.png
Hello Mike,
my car was at the dealer to install the updates today.
Could you pls check, whether they corrected all modules?
Thanks in advance!

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That GWM is now replaced with an APIM module, so you are still with 4 modules in your list.
Sorry to trouble you but anyway I could get a screenshot of that? My dealer has been a pain with the updates. Flat out lying some are done and saying they didn't see them. I like to go in there with a picture and say "tell tech do what he sees on this sheet, all of it."

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
Sorry to trouble you but anyway I could get a screenshot of that? My dealer has been a pain with the updates. Flat out lying some are done and saying they didn't see them. I like to go in there with a picture and say "tell tech do what he sees on this sheet, all of it."
I don’t have access to FDRS to get the screenshot, but Mike G does. I just know that if you got 4.2.1, the next update (4.2.2) will be an APIM module. Here’s a list of PowerUp updates and what they do.
https://tonesto7.github.io/ford-pwr-up-info/

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nope...that means if you got the GWM done with OTA 4.2.1 you are still at 4 updates because of the APIM that got added to your list and should arrive as OTA 4.2.2.....

Ahh... I see mark got there first! Well done sir.... 👍 :)

But yeah, here's the screenshot showing what we just discussed, GWM gone and replaced by the APIM, which should be the new Sync UI...OTA 4.2.2:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK4SE4PMA16471-3-May-23

And after this APIM update comes as an OTA you will get another gateway (GWM) update that will be OTA 4.2.3. Actually, in theory you could get the HVAC (4.2.5) before 4.2.3.

Anyway, let us know what happens!

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, ‘21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That gateway did clear off the list and was replaced by an APIM (Sync) update. So that should be in the process or already have downloaded for you.
Hey Mike, as I sit here checking the forum…… I decided to check Fordpass, and I just got 4.2.2.! So the last 3 days I’ve gotten 2 power-up updates.
I’m scheduled for a dealer visit next Friday (12th), re PCM dependencies ……… but now that I’m getting updates, maybe PCM modules weren’t my problem?!
However, I am planning on asking if they can update- WACM(phone charging), HVAC ( another update), and RTA (PaaK)……. Wish me luck! Thanks for the conversation…….. Bill P

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey Mike, as I sit here checking the forum…… I decided to check Fordpass, and I just got 4.2.2.! So the last 3 days I’ve gotten 2 power-up updates.
I’m scheduled for a dealer visit next Friday (12th), re PCM dependencies ……… but now that I’m getting updates, maybe PCM modules weren’t my problem?!
However, I am planning on asking if they can update- WACM(phone charging), HVAC ( another update), and RTA (PaaK)……. Wish me luck! Thanks for the conversation…….. Bill P
Well if you've gotten those OTAs then "PCM Dependency" isn't a problem anymore. You'll get the next OTA as well I imagine, and that will be another gateway (GWM) update and should be 4.2.3. But don't be surprised if 4.2.5 (HVAC) pops in first. That's happened for a couple of people.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
So let me see if I have this straight...on the 18th of April following the glass work the tech connects FDRS up and while doing diagnostics that include the results of the Self Test (below) it's discovered that there are issues with the door modules.

But "somebody" at Ford said to return the car this way...even though there are door module updates in the list of available software:

Were you having door errors before going in to the shop?

Actually that doesn't really matter....they should have fixed whatever the problem was before giving you back the car, unless for some reason you told them you needed it back right away and couldn't wait?
Hi Mike - Appreciate the help!

While the car was at the dealer/glass place the door faults appeared at some point. They did run the battery down to 2% and I had numerous faults appear on FP. They had to tow the car back to the dealer. While back at the dealer they told me about the rear door faults.

Dealer originally told me on 19 Apr they ordered rear door hatches. Now they tell me Ford told them to return it.

You can tell the dealer hooked up to FDRS on 18 April? Anything else you can see? I am about to reply to the Service and General Manager. I will engage Ford customer Service as well. Thanks again!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Thank you. Last question, if no luck at dealer, how do I open a case with ford?
call 800-392-3673 and ask for the BEV Team. Explain that your car isn't updating and you need help. 😊🐩

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nope...that means if you got the GWM done with OTA 4.2.1 you are still at 4 updates because of the APIM that got added to your list and should arrive as OTA 4.2.2.....

Ahh... I see mark got there first! Well done sir.... 👍 :)

But yeah, here's the screenshot showing what we just discussed, GWM gone and replaced by the APIM, which should be the new Sync UI...OTA 4.2.2:

3FMTK4SE4PMA16471-3-May-23.png

And after this APIM update comes as an OTA you will get another gateway (GWM) update that will be OTA 4.2.3. Actually, in theory you could get the HVAC (4.2.5) before 4.2.3.

Anyway, let us know what happens!
Man, you guys know so much more now than when I had the 21, it’s really incredible! Thank you so much!
Do I need to be concerned at all if the vehicle is going in today for updates? If they push all four of these, then refresh, they’ll now see one or two more (GWM and / or HVAC)? Even though the vehicle did 4.2..1 yesterday, it’s a 23 and already has the new UI (volume wheel controls AC, seats, etc) as well as the camera icon and the instant voice feedback feature. Confusing how they push and combine these.

Do I even need to bother with the dealership updates Or are there some that just will not happen OTA / take weeks to be pushed?

This is fascinating to a guy in the tech industry. Really want to justify the price and just get to doing these myself like I do every other piece of tech in my life, but that FDRS was crazy pricey when I checked back then.

Last edited: