Post multiple orders?

goose123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium Ex RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
I ordered a Premium Extended RWD on 8/30 and after reading so many nightmare stories with dealers in the last few weeks, I'm thinking of placing a "backup" order with another dealer close to my house... Any downsides to this? Can the dealers see my other orders? And afaik, the $500 is refundable right?

Thanks!
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Most deposits are refundable, but you need to check, with each dealership.

SV8T

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xE HA/Range Rover Sport SVR/Audi A7
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
I ordered a Premium Extended RWD on 8/30 and after reading so many nightmare stories with dealers in the last few weeks, I'm thinking of placing a "backup" order with another dealer close to my house... Any downsides to this? Can the dealers see my other orders? And afaik, the $500 is refundable right?

Thanks!
Deposits are fully refundable. I'd recommend you pay deposit when ordering online versus giving it to dealer directly so they don't hold it over your head if you decide to back out.

Many folks on the forum have taken the same approach, and just as many will tell you not to clog up the order bank for this purpose. It's you're money, you can hedge your bet if you want to.

OP
OP

goose123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium Ex RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Deposits are fully refundable. I'd recommend you pay deposit when ordering online versus giving it to dealer directly so they don't hold it over your head if you decide to back out.

Many folks on the forum have taken the same approach, and just as many will tell you not to clog up the order bank for this purpose. It's you're money, you can hedge your bet if you want to.
Thanks for the info!

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
I didn't know which trim worked out for me, so back in the day, I ordered 3, GT, Premium and CA RT1 both ER AWD, fast forward, I got the GT first, liked the car but didn't like the crappy way Ford addressed the recall, so I sold it after 5000 miles and few months, lost money on the car, now my CA RT1 is scheduled to be built in two weeks, my premium was shifted to 2023, I think I made the best decision back then! my RT1 and Premium both are price protected, I also have ID4 on order, as long as F150 Lightening, I don't intend to take the ID4, the F150 is the only EV that I really want but I don't think I'll see that car before 2025, it's always great to have options! if Tesla MYP qualify for the $7500 this January, if no further price increases, I may order one and ditch all other orders with the exception of the F150, never hurts to have options my friend!
Sponsored