Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
I've been trying to find an answer to my question without any luck, so I'll ask here. Is there a way to have the mirrors automatically fold in when you are arriving at your home? We have the Tesla set to fold them in when we are about to pull into the garage and I'd love to not have to hit the button every time like I do with my X1. I'm assuming it's not an option, but wanted to ask the pros. Hopefully I didn't overlook it in a previous thread. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
minders

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
@GuliblGuy I figured not. Thanks for the response. At least I've had 2 years of conditioning to hit the button with my current car.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
This is such a needed feature! Proximity settings, mirrors, walk away lock, would be nice to set these one way for my house and a different way for other times. This would be a nicer software update then adding Alexa or Sodoku, that would be if I was prioritizing what makes it into their next sprint or development cycle.

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
if it makes you feel any better, this requires the car's GPS to work well which it doesn't so ford may have been 3 steps ahead knowing their car would not accurately know it's "at home" and thereby omitted this ability

it's a feature! :)

OP
OP
minders

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
@flapjake314 I'm in the middle of nowhere where AT&T is the only cell service that works reliably and GPS is wrong quite a bit. It probably wouldn't work right even if it WAS an option.

Makes me wonder if there's a way to have Home Assistant do it when I'm in range of the home wifi... 🤔 I'm not trying to be lazy by any means, it's just something a $60k+ car should be able to do as others have mentioned.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I'm pretty sure there's an auto-fold option, it just can't be set location dependent, just everywhere or nowhere... but I'm traveling right now and can't check the menus for it.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
@GuliblGuy I figured not. Thanks for the response. At least I've had 2 years of conditioning to hit the button with my current car.
Of importance is that if you fold in the mirrors using the button, they won’t automatically unfold when you unlock the car. A must for garage usage.

Last edited:

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
I'm pretty sure there's an auto-fold option, it just can't be set location dependent, just everywhere or nowhere... but I'm traveling right now and can't check the menus for it.
There is auto fold upon car locking. Not while driving into your garage.

OP
OP
minders

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Yeah, already knew it's an option in general. I was just wondering if there was an option for doing it automatically when I am about to pull into my driveway. Thanks, tho. Safe travels!

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
They can program this to run this function through the garage door opener function.

OP
OP
minders

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
It could fold when you press the garage door opener. But can’t unfold when you press the garage door owner to leave.
That's more of what I'm looking for! I'm ok with them not unfolding since I have trouble judging distances and don't unfold the mirrors to back out because I feel like I'll take a mirror off. <insert embarrassed face here>

1) Is there a post here already that tells how to do it?
2) Is the car smart enough to pop the mirrors out when you're moving forward at a few mph? I had the BMW i3 for a while and it would do that if I forgot.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I can’t judge distances either. My wife lays down a board to act as a wheel stop in front and a brick on the right of the right front tire to give a target to miss.

Using the button to fold the mirrors and then use the button to open them after clearing the garage.

FYI, if you ever have the event where the mirrors won’t open or close, grab them and do them manually.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
That's more of what I'm looking for! I'm ok with them not unfolding since I have trouble judging distances and don't unfold the mirrors to back out because I feel like I'll take a mirror off. <insert embarrassed face here>

1) Is there a post here already that tells how to do it?
2) Is the car smart enough to pop the mirrors out when you're moving forward at a few mph? I had the BMW i3 for a while and it would do that if I forgot.
They are saying it would be a nice feature for Ford to implement at some point.
Sponsored