prius2pony

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium First Edition
Country flag
From what I gather here, the 74” width is without mirrors. Can they be folded I. While driving? I think I’ll need to fold them before pulling into my garage. What do we know? Thanks!
Sponsored

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
From what I gather here, the 74” width is without mirrors. Can they be folded I. While driving? I think I’ll need to fold them before pulling into my garage. What do we know? Thanks!
I am not 100% sure about your garage. I have had issues in the past with mine. When I had my Edge I scraped the side a couple times with the mirrors. With the Escapes, I have not has the same issues. I believe the Mach E had the same width as the Escape.

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
@prius2pony automatically folding side mirrors is a part of the Technology Pack Plus for RWD, don’t know about the AWD options.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Since the Mach E learns your habits, maybe the point can learn to close the mirrors whenever you reach your driveway?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The width without mirror is 1881mm (74" ish) as you say. With mirrors the width is 2097mm (83" ish). I know that folding mirrors aren't on all of the UK spec vehicles so it might be the same in the US.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
From what I gather here, the 74” width is without mirrors. Can they be folded in while driving? I think I’ll need to fold them before pulling into my garage. What do we know? Thanks!
In my Ford Explorer there is a button on the door to actuate the power folding mirrors. The Mach-E will have something similar.

From the Explorer owners manual:
"You can fold the mirrors on demand by pressing the power-folding mirror control on the door. The control lights and the mirrors fold in toward the glass. Press the control again to unfold the mirrors. The control light turns off. Note: If you use the power-folding control to fold the mirrors on demand with the auto fold feature on, you must use the control again to unfold them. "

Ford Mustang Mach-E Power mirrors 1600168883187

From a prototype Mach-E:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Power mirrors 1600169076838

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I will be very happy to have that capability. The Mach-E outside mirror width is close to what my Clarity has, and I only have inches to spare. I back into my garage, I could fold the mirrors after I am lined up and just before I reach the door.

OP
OP
prius2pony

prius2pony

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium First Edition
Country flag
In my Ford Explorer there is a button on the door to actuate the power folding mirrors. The Mach-E will have something similar.

"You can fold the mirrors on demand by pressing the power-folding mirror control on the door. The control lights and the mirrors fold in toward the glass. Press the control again to unfold the mirrors. The control light turns off. Note: If you use the power-folding control to fold the mirrors on demand with the auto fold feature on, you must use the control again to unfold them. "

From a prototype Mach-E:

This was super helpful. I hope the reality matches this. Thanks!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

1600168883187.png

From a prototype Mach-E:
This is my mirror control in my Kuga. The button is to fold mirrors which you can do while moving for tight spots
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power mirrors 20200915_135440

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I will be very happy to have that capability. The Mach-E outside mirror width is close to what my Clarity has, and I only have inches to spare. I back into my garage, I could fold the mirrors after I am lined up and just before I reach the door.
We have to fold the mirrors on my wife's 2020 Raptor before putting it in the garage or it won't fit through the door comfortably. We just use the button while in the driveway, and it works fine. I have no idea if there's a max speed limit on folding them but they do fold at driveway speeds.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
You're going to need your very own Michelin Swag Wagon or "follow me" van with loads of spare tires and wheels for a quick change. ;)
Goodyear's HQ in Akron isn't all that far from home. I bet I can go negotiate a volume discount. ?
Sponsored